Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 920194 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #260 on: October 04, 2012, 01:33:25 AM »

As you aware, POIS is a such a kind that, the medicines work initially, but afterwords the same medicine fails to fight against POIS.

Not true for me.

Testosterone is working _better_ now than when I started TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) 3 years ago!

Your testosterone worked because it was administered and controlled by a doctor. You didn't just try it for the heck of it! Or if at least you did, it was still under the control of a doctor who could say, "today it didn't work because of such and such but lets change the dose a bit and keep it up for a bit..." or whatever. At least more control, and entered with a plan and evaluated with understanding.

Not only that, Dave, but it was a 10-year process for me since the 1st POIS paper came out. I contacted whoever I thought would have a clue, worldwide, in the US, and in Europe. Mostly well known sexologists, most notably Jane Thomas at Johns Hopkins University.

In the 7th year, I finally decided to "pull out all guns" and "shoot" this evil, hideous creature-thing called POIS. I contacted my Harvard biotech pioneer friend and he suggested a major teaching university and world class laboratory. I was reluctant, but desperate enough to follow his advice and the forum's advice - which was to get a full range of hormonal blood tests, which led to a brain MRI -- and many more formalized blood tests. My endocrinologist doctor is a fully tenured top University Professor in Endocrinology and is in a RESEARCH environment because of the university.

My daily (365X) testosterone patches are the result of THOROUGH testing, consultation, and re-testing, with a sympathetic, top ranked,senior endocrinologist-physician and a world class medical laboratory. It did not happen overnight by ANY stretch of the imagination.

No snap of the finger here.

Careful, methodical, validated, adjusted, constantly monitored, and it will continue that way.

And even with all that - in our primitive pre-NORD Grant period - I was lucky.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:00:12 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #261 on: October 04, 2012, 09:55:30 AM »
Hey everybody, we've received another donation for $50!!

THAT'S THE WAY, KEEP IT COMING.

THANK YOU!

BTW there were 2 for $50 today!

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:36:20 AM by Daveman »
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #262 on: October 04, 2012, 11:48:36 AM »
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

poisioq

« Reply #263 on: October 04, 2012, 06:02:58 PM »
if you get a donation in honour of myself it's because i've just made  a mistake, didn't mean self worshipping :)

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #264 on: October 05, 2012, 06:44:22 AM »
if you get a donation in honour of myself it's because i've just made  a mistake, didn't mean self worshipping :)

Thanks for donating. ALL donors whould be worshipped ;D

Ccconfucius

« Reply #265 on: October 05, 2012, 10:19:15 AM »

Thanks for donating. ALL donors whould be worshipped ;D

hahaha

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #266 on: October 05, 2012, 10:37:46 AM »

Thank you, boissioq!!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #268 on: October 06, 2012, 06:35:25 AM »
Well the Indiegogo "Campaign" has 43 hours to go.

Many thanks to the two donors who have raised a total of $85.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #269 on: October 06, 2012, 12:37:29 PM »
Look for our latest mailout! If you haven't received it check you should check your SPAM folder

Time to blast POIS! Let's Go!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 06:20:21 AM by Daveman »

lauracostis

• NLGroup
« Reply #270 on: October 06, 2012, 03:05:31 PM »
Daveman, can I use a prepaid credit card to make a payment at NORD.  I cannot put the donation on my own credit cards for reasons I wont specify, but if a prepaid credit card will work at NORD, I can buy the prepaid card in cash and spend it lavishly at NORD.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #271 on: October 06, 2012, 03:49:57 PM »
Daveman, can I use a prepaid credit card to make a payment at NORD.  I cannot put the donation on my own credit cards for reasons I wont specify, but if a prepaid credit card will work at NORD, I can buy the prepaid card in cash and spend it lavishly at NORD.

I'll get back to you!

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #272 on: October 07, 2012, 12:33:47 PM »
Just filled out the survey.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #273 on: October 07, 2012, 01:11:36 PM »

I am told that it shouldn't be a problem. They are handled just like any credit card!

I'm going t o look into getting one!!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: October 07, 2012, 02:38:02 PM »
Hey, another donation for $100 has come in, and on a Sunday too!

Way to go! Although I don't know who it is, this person has already donated $400 in quite a short bit of time!

As yo know, this $100 goes toward October's total for doubling!!

YAAYYYYY!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #275 on: October 07, 2012, 02:56:16 PM »
Wow!!! Hurray!!!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: October 07, 2012, 07:37:53 PM »
Look for our latest mailout! If you haven't received it check you should check your SPAM folder

Time to blast POIS! Let's Go!

THANKS, DAVEMAN!

demografx

• Administrator
Re: This may seem like a familar place.
« Reply #277 on: October 07, 2012, 08:53:42 PM »

$9,270.00    $9,350.00    $10,272.00
$15,010.00 raised!

THANKS, $100 DONOR!! towards our $33,500 goal.

Click here to CURE YOUR POIS:

Click here to read more about The POIS Medical Fundp
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:05:48 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #278 on: October 07, 2012, 09:34:51 PM »

Thank you very much David Landau ["Squiggy" from 'Laverne and Shirley' TV shows] for this generous offer! [edit by Demo: GET SQUIGGY'S FUNNY AUDIO BOOK FREE -- THE ONLY CATCH IS WE NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO MAIL YOU THE CD'S!!]

There always seem to be so many reasons NOT to talk about our problem! I'm sure your "gift" will help us to make an important step in our lives.

I'm going to start "coming clean" from today forward!

Daveman, I showed your post to Squiggy and he said, "Aawwww" in a very appreciative voice!

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 01:44:18 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #279 on: October 08, 2012, 01:40:05 AM »

As a start, David is making available to you all for free: his 10 chapter audio book set, called "Fall Down Laughing" - pictured above. If you want a set send me a PM with your name+physical mailing address.