Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 933102 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #2200 on: February 04, 2019, 08:57:39 PM »
I respect your opinion but for me personally that'll be it.
Likewise, Nas, I respect yours.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 01:50:11 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

nanna1

« Reply #2201 on: February 05, 2019, 05:30:27 PM »
I think my last trial ever on POIS will be to up my Epinephrine production and if that did not work, I'll lower it.
Epinephrine controls heart rate. If your heart rate is normal or high then epinephrine will not work for you and could make your POIS worse. My advice is that you measure your resting heart rate and blood pressure first before experimenting with catecholamines. Heart rate is an indirect yet effective way of measuring epinephrine and norepinephrine.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 05:32:28 PM by nanna1 »
POIS clusters: 1,3,4,5,7
POIS criteria: 1,2,3,4,5
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack
Find medical test: https://www.findlabtest.com/

Nas

« Reply #2202 on: February 05, 2019, 06:05:38 PM »
I think my last trial ever on POIS will be to up my Epinephrine production and if that did not work, I'll lower it.
Epinephrine controls heart rate. If your heart rate is normal or high then epinephrine will not work for you and could make your POIS worse. My advice is that you measure your resting heart rate and blood pressure first before experimenting with catecholamines. Heart rate is an indirect yet effective way of measuring epinephrine and norepinephrine.
Good idea, I'll test my heart rate after Orgasm and see. I normally get low blood pressure after Orgasm, I'll also try to check that.

Gabin

« Reply #2203 on: February 06, 2019, 08:02:29 AM »
Hello guys,

Would like to share a recently published paper on new technique deleloped at Johns Hopkins university for measuring brain inflammation in people suffering with post-Lyme disease syndrome and specifically from brain fog:

New scan technique reveals brain inflammation associated with post-treatment Lyme disease syndrome

https://m.medicalxpress.com/news/2019-02-scan-technique-reveals-brain-inflammation.html

Believe application of such technique might be curious in our case.

Nas

« Reply #2204 on: February 06, 2019, 08:46:54 AM »
Very interesting I wonder if we can test for Translocator Protein through blood serum?

demografx

• Administrator
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2206 on: February 20, 2019, 05:17:16 PM »

Could this thread [woman drinking semen, etc.] be deleted? Ridiculous thread.

Done. Thanks, Muon, for pointing it out.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 09:25:23 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2207 on: March 02, 2019, 09:27:15 PM »
Today is March 1.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 03:43:44 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2208 on: March 03, 2019, 09:53:26 PM »
Unfortunately, a very small minority of us have needed this message from time to time. This is being posted because none of the forum members here are really trained to respond to this level of POIS desperation.

••    USA: 800.273.8255 click here

••.   List Of International Suicide Hotlines:

telephone
http://ibpf.org/resource/list-international-suicide-hotlines

telephone with website/email contact info
http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html

« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 04:20:29 AM by demografx »

certainlypois2

« Reply #2209 on: March 07, 2019, 06:28:22 PM »

I’d appreciate any of your your thoughts as to where this message above could be permanently posted. I’ll leave it here for a short while.

I think the same space where you have thank you as a banner and complete the pois survey is good spot for a smaller bulletin or just the numbers posted.

The first page  also has a lot of space where a banner can be placed.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2210 on: March 07, 2019, 06:53:53 PM »

Thank you, CP2!

It’s on the Welcome page for now.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2211 on: March 07, 2019, 07:34:42 PM »
CP2, I like your banner idea: “Are you a POISer?” linked to description paragraph on Welcome page.

Quantum, where could we put the banner?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 09:24:41 PM by demografx »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2212 on: March 08, 2019, 10:43:37 AM »
CP2, I like your banner idea: “Are you a POISer?” linked to description paragraph on Welcome page.

Quantum, where could we put the banner?

Hi Demo,

There is only one spot for a banner, it is on front page.  Currently, it is the POIS Survey message with the link to it.  Last time I checked, LPM was still taking entries.  You want to replace it, now?
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2213 on: March 08, 2019, 02:22:03 PM »
No, no, Quantum, thanks! Maybe the Welcome page is strong enough!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2214 on: March 08, 2019, 02:54:43 PM »
If we can just think of a way to make it easier, either for online Google searchers or at the forum by newcomers, to make “Are you a POISer?” easier to find, I think it would help everyone. Right now, I’m happy with The Welcome Page where it is. Google’s spiders should pick that up nicely.

By the way, I’d like to have the final edits and inputs from forum members (e.g., HOD & Moderator CP2) of that post reviewed by the Administrative/Moderators Team. I’m not smart enough to do it properly alone :)

« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 03:01:43 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2215 on: March 08, 2019, 02:55:14 PM »
Rare Disease Day 2019
Notes and Successes

Posted by Christina Jensen, NORD

https://rarediseases.org/rare-disease-day-2019-notes-successes/

ps - if anyone wishes to volunteer their POIS-awareness story for international publishing
& distribution by NORD, let me know & I’ll pass your interest in participating along to NORD.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 03:00:34 AM by demografx »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2216 on: March 18, 2019, 08:54:42 AM »

Poiscenter have now more than 800 registered members :)
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2217 on: March 18, 2019, 02:35:20 PM »

Poiscenter now has more than 800 registered members :)

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:28:29 PM by demografx »

Nas

« Reply #2218 on: March 26, 2019, 02:03:30 PM »
It's really weird that there are at all cognitive/psychological symptoms associated with POIS. If we look at POIS as an auto-immune disease, then why the heck doesn't other auto-immune diseases like arthritis or bowel's disease don't have these symptoms associated with them? Or the fact that I don't have other symptoms than brain symptoms? It's one of these oddities in this illness, that not only are we auto-immunogenic towards our own prostatic fluid, we have weird social withdrawal, and character change that must be associated with it. Not only do we have to suffer from sexual issues, we have to suffer from issues in LIFE in general? Such a goddemn curse and if only it's clear how can something happening is the genitourinary tract cause symptoms in the CNS? Is it just too much of a stigma to solve? I just wish I can get rid of this hellhole of an illness, I just don't want my entire personality to change just so I can have a wank.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2219 on: March 26, 2019, 07:33:27 PM »
Well said, Nas.