Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 1002167 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #1520 on: January 01, 2015, 07:09:19 PM »

This forum is such an asset, and ...[Daveman is]  the defender of it!

Daveman is definitely the defender of this forum!

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1521 on: January 01, 2015, 08:53:09 PM »

Best

Wishes

For

A

POIS-reduced

or POIS-free

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 12:16:26 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1522 on: January 02, 2015, 04:54:52 PM »
<received via email>

January 2, 2015

Dear All,

I wish you a happy, healthy and successful new year.

Sincerely,

Barry
Barry R. Komisaruk, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor, Dept. Psychology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. Radiology
Board of Governors Distinguished Service Professor
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Smith Hall, Room 327A
101 Warren Street
Newark, New Jersey 07102

phone:  973-462-0178 (mobile)
             973-353-3941 (work)
fax:       973-353-1171

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 12:19:23 AM by demografx »

Nightingale

« Reply #1523 on: January 06, 2015, 11:06:44 AM »
<received via email>

January 2, 2015

Dear All,

I wish you a happy, healthy and successful new year.

Sincerely,

Barry
Barry R. Komisaruk, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor, Dept. Psychology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. Radiology
Board of Governors Distinguished Service Professor
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Smith Hall, Room 327A
101 Warren Street
Newark, New Jersey 07102

phone:  973-462-0178 (mobile)
             973-353-3941 (work)
fax:       973-353-1171

To a happy new year!
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1524 on: January 26, 2015, 09:33:52 PM »
We know it's been quiet lately on the poiscenter newsfront.  We're thinking that --

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:46:09 PM by demografx »

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1525 on: February 05, 2015, 06:04:04 PM »
Hello everyone,

I hope you're doing at least better than before.

I would like to update you about my situation, because it seems that my POIS has changed somehow. I mean that I do not get anymore some of the usual symptoms, especially the brain fog, but instead I am getting others in exchange .

As some of you will remember, niacin just works fine for me. However, some months ago I suffered several episodes of panic attacks/combined with a real illness (I had broncho-spasms which were really scary...), and just after that my POIS changed. I even thought that I didn't had it anymore so I stopped taking niacin, but the reality was that anxiety symptoms were kicking in several hours (and not just after) after having an O., AND were caused by the O. I also had that feeling that I could not function 100%, but it was not as  bad as before.

So I decided to take niacin again and follow the normal procedure and I realized that I was able to stop the ANXIETY and the other symptoms from occurring.

I do not have any special theory why this has happened, but I know that some other members have reported suffering anxiety after Orgasm. It was a hard experience, especially the first time, because you do not know what is really happening to you.

I think it would be interesting if someone can describe a similar episode caused by POIS.

Best Regards to everyone and keep up the good job.

PS. I have been carefully "observing" and reading this forum  :D

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1526 on: February 07, 2015, 01:35:43 AM »
FYI -- this came in as a Google alert from Yahoo Health, referring to the just-published POIS study from Beijing. https://www.yahoo.com/health/the-crazy-reason-this-man-never-wants-to-orgasm-110191674787.html.

The Yahoo Health piece states that they interviewed Dr. Marcel Waldinger (he was not involved in this study). Yahoo Health states that Dr. Waldinger is focused on "autoimmunity" in POIS in his lab, which we think may be an innocent misunderstanding on Yahoo Health's part.  We're unaware of any studies being carried at this time by Dr. Waldinger, and also wish to point out that Dr. Waldinger's focus in POIS is Semen Allergy. As you know, he published two papers describing the repeated administration of semen desens injections to two men with POIS. We learned later on that he also administered desens injections to several other men with symptoms of POIS.

(As you know, desens is about allergy, not autoimmunity.)

We've not been able to learn the definitive results of Dr. W's desens treatments, as no follow-up papers or further studies  of semen desens in POIS were published.

Sincerely,
Demo

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:43:32 PM by demografx »

Colm

« Reply #1527 on: February 07, 2015, 03:25:08 AM »
Thanks Demo & Others,

There is a full report on the Chinese study from January 2015, can be read or downloaded. I didn't do any of them, because I'm assuming it is probably a re-hash of older information.

They just show (at below link), the first page here and shade out the rest to encourage a download.

http://www.readcube.com/articles/10.1111%2Fjsm.12813?r3_referer=wol&tracking_action=preview_click&show_checkout=1

Anyone think it's worth downloading and sharing on our site in some way?
Colm

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #1528 on: February 07, 2015, 04:24:32 PM »
Hi All,

Sorry I have not been on the forum much, my personal / work life has gotten extremely busy.

At this moment, approvals and paperwork that can be fairly normal in human testing of new procedures have nade progress very slow, but we are coming through all of this.

First tests will be with a couple of individuals that are as close as possible to testing facilities. The idea is that they will become part of the initial testing which will liekly require adjustments to be made. The test program will be carefully tested step by step and adjustments made until it is properly optimized. This is why it is important that the first individulas are close to the test facilities.

Once the procedure has been optimized, more people will be added and procedures further adjusted.

This waiting is terrible, but, for many of us, we have had POIS for decades.... a little more time pales in comparison.

Thanks for your patience.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1529 on: February 13, 2015, 12:09:20 AM »
FYI...Google adds medical information to its search results

http://m.bbc.com/news/technology-31426617

FloppyBanana

« Reply #1530 on: February 13, 2015, 04:12:44 AM »
Thanks Demo & Others,

There is a full report on the Chinese study from January 2015, can be read or downloaded. I didn't do any of them, because I'm assuming it is probably a re-hash of older information.

They just show (at below link), the first page here and shade out the rest to encourage a download.

http://www.readcube.com/articles/10.1111%2Fjsm.12813?r3_referer=wol&tracking_action=preview_click&show_checkout=1

Colm

Dr Goldmeier sent me the study. I have it in PDF. I'm not sure if can post it here.
FB
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

Stef

« Reply #1531 on: February 13, 2015, 06:50:33 PM »
Thanks Demo & Others,

Colm

Dr Goldmeier sent me the study. I have it in PDF. I'm not sure if can post it here.
FB

Hi Floppy,

As much as we'd like to read  the  PDF of the entire article (I definitely would!), it shouldn't be posted because the publication is "owned" by Wiley Online publications, and they  have the right to charge for reprints.

You could tell us about it if you want to. :-)

Stef

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1532 on: February 13, 2015, 11:52:09 PM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:56:18 PM by demografx »

Stef

« Reply #1533 on: February 15, 2015, 05:56:14 PM »
"The living hell of a man who orgasms 100 times a day"

http://nypost.com/2014/09/22/the-living-hell-of-the-man-who-orgasms-100-times-a-day/

Demo -- what a terrible situation for this man!

Dr. Wise has worked with women who have this condition, and Dr. Komisaruk performed a really interesting MRI study involving women with PGAD. Perhaps you should forward the article to them?

Stef

Colm

« Reply #1534 on: February 15, 2015, 06:11:47 PM »
Thanks Demo & Others,

Colm

FB
Thanks FB,

The most interesting thing that I read in the PDF was close to the end. I am uncertain if this (the recent Chinese POIS study), was a truly validated study or not, but the paper suggests it was.

Related to Waldinger Theory the following outcome / results from the Chinese study...

" We identified an affected patient with a mildly positive reaction (grade 1+) to intracutaneous skin injection and skin prick testing of seminal fluid at a 1:10 and 1:100 dilutions. Waldinger et al. [7] reported two patients with a significantly positive reaction (grade 4+) to seminal fluid at a 1:40,000 dilution. The current patient also underwent skin testing with a 1:40,000 dilution, but the result was negative (data not shown). Nguyen et al. [10] per- formed a skin prick and intradermal testing with a fresh sample of autologous semen in affected men, with mildly positive results. Intradermal testing, however, was significantly positive and associated with a larger reaction. Difference in the skin reac- tions to seminal fluid may be explained by the different grading systems and skin test procedures used."

Conclusion continued...

" One interesting finding of the current (Chinese) study was that three healthy control individuals had positive skin reactions to autologous seminal fluid. Their responses were more pronounced than that of the affected patient. The IC (titer 1:10 and 1:100) was grade 2+ positive, while the SPT was negative in three healthy control individuals.'

Go figure that one !!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 06:14:25 PM by Colm »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1535 on: February 15, 2015, 10:05:24 PM »
"The living hell of a man who orgasms 100 times a day"

http://nypost.com/2014/09/22/the-living-hell-of-the-man-who-orgasms-100-times-a-day/

Demo -- what a terrible situation for this man!

Dr. Wise has worked with women who have this condition, and Dr. Komisaruk performed a really interesting MRI study involving women with PGAD. Perhaps you should forward the article to them?

Stef

Thanks, Stef! (I just forwarded to Dr K and Dr Wise, as soon as I saw your comment. )   Appreciated!

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 10:55:14 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1536 on: February 16, 2015, 03:54:02 PM »
Hi All,

Sorry I have not been on the forum much, my personal / work life has gotten extremely busy.

At this moment, approvals and paperwork that can be fairly normal in human testing of new procedures have nade progress very slow, but we are coming through all of this.

First tests will be with a couple of individuals that are as close as possible to testing facilities. The idea is that they will become part of the initial testing which will liekly require adjustments to be made. The test program will be carefully tested step by step and adjustments made until it is properly optimized. This is why it is important that the first individulas are close to the test facilities.

Once the procedure has been optimized, more people will be added and procedures further adjusted.

This waiting is terrible, but, for many of us, we have had POIS for decades.... a little more time pales in comparison.

Thanks for your patience.

Daveman,

Even when you're busy, your   is with us!

Prancer

« Reply #1537 on: February 16, 2015, 05:39:42 PM »
Hello everyone,

I hope you're doing at least better than before.

I would like to update you about my situation, because it seems that my POIS has changed somehow. I mean that I do not get anymore some of the usual symptoms, especially the brain fog, but instead I am getting others in exchange .

As some of you will remember, niacin just works fine for me. However, some months ago I suffered several episodes of panic attacks/combined with a real illness (I had broncho-spasms which were really scary...), and just after that my POIS changed. I even thought that I didn't had it anymore so I stopped taking niacin, but the reality was that anxiety symptoms were kicking in several hours (and not just after) after having an O., AND were caused by the O. I also had that feeling that I could not function 100%, but it was not as  bad as before.

So I decided to take niacin again and follow the normal procedure and I realized that I was able to stop the ANXIETY and the other symptoms from occurring.

I do not have any special theory why this has happened, but I know that some other members have reported suffering anxiety after Orgasm. It was a hard experience, especially the first time, because you do not know what is really happening to you.

I think it would be interesting if someone can describe a similar episode caused by POIS.

Best Regards to everyone and keep up the good job.

PS. I have been carefully "observing" and reading this forum  :D

Hey Observer!

Thanks for your update, and very sorry to hear about your illness and anxiety attacks. I think I have experienced that trade off-type thing you mentioned. It doesn't happen very often, but early on especially, shortly after first developing symptoms, I noticed that days when I had little brain fog, I'd feel some weird chest pain and generally feel more depressed. That was early on though. I believe my POIS has changed slightly, and is now more of a severe brain fog/focus/frustration issue, and less other symptom types. I never did have the bronchial spasms though.

Keep on observing and updating once in a while!

- Prancer

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1538 on: February 19, 2015, 05:13:57 PM »
From Discover Magazine
February 19, 2015 (Google Alert on POIS -- free to subscribe - see following post)
"Can You Be Allergic To Your Own Semen?"
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/seriouslyscience/2015/02/19/can-allergic-semen/#.VOZe94Y76nM

Re-hash of Waldinger info...

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 05:39:59 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1539 on: February 19, 2015, 05:39:08 PM »
How to Create a Google alert

-Visit Google Alerts. https://www.google.com/alerts
-In the "Create an alert about" box, enter in the words you want to get email notifications for (e.g., POIS, Komisaruk, etc.).
-Click Show options to customize things like how often you get alerts, types of websites you want to search, and the email address for your alerts.
-Click Create Alert.
-You can also create an alert by clicking the + next to any of the suggested topics that you see on the Google Alerts page.

Once your alert is set up, you’ll start getting emails anytime Google finds new search results for your keywords.
https://support.google.com/alerts/answer/4815696?hl=en

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 11:25:51 PM by demografx »