Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 1002312 times)

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #1200 on: July 16, 2014, 11:34:03 AM »
Dear friends! I am new to this forum. I am from Kazakhstan. Very little English. Write an interpreter, so sorry). I want to thank you for what he has done such a great job))) I have a question: Tell me, Dr. komisaruk will do a full examination or to prove the theory of the vagus nerve? If you answer I would be very grateful). P.S by the way do you happen after orgasm acne?

I have heard of several that have acne problems. Perhaps if they are around, they can answer.

Welcome and thanks.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:56:06 PM by demografx »
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #1201 on: July 16, 2014, 11:41:35 AM »
Good news everybody! We have updated the forum to the latest version, and it seems that they have done apretty good job.

It is difficult with updates, especially going from 1.13 to 2.02, that the look is close. But they have done it.

You will notice a few differences, but for the most part there are more better features than less good feature.

The adjustment should be minimal, but the best part is that we don't have to go to Google Groups!

One problem is that I had a SPAM filter before, which I haven't installed yet. However the new version has better security in itself.

So please be on the look-out for SPAM. If you see any, press the "Notify Moderator" button below any malicious post, and I will be notified and can anhiolate the the #$@!!% idiot.

If we have too much spam, I will reinstall the filter.

Thanks for your patience.

Let's get back to work!! :)
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #1202 on: July 16, 2014, 12:39:52 PM »
Many thanks, Daveman!! :)
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

FloppyBanana

« Reply #1203 on: July 16, 2014, 04:12:32 PM »
Thanks to you guys who do all the this work behind the scenes.
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

Prancer

« Reply #1204 on: July 16, 2014, 06:00:29 PM »
Thanks to you guys who do all the this work behind the scenes.

Beautiful, thanks guys for all your hard work!

Pianist

« Reply #1205 on: July 16, 2014, 09:12:50 PM »
Friends, please, answer the question: Barry will look for the treatment of research, or to prove the theory of the vagus nerve?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1206 on: July 16, 2014, 11:03:39 PM »

Two of the Rutgers-POIS questionnaire forms.

Comments? Thoughts? Questions ?

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1207 on: July 16, 2014, 11:50:21 PM »

Per Dr. Komisaruk: "The device stimulates the vagus nerve projections to the brain, thus activating the brain regions to which the visceral organs normally send their information. Thus the stimulation may interact beneficially with the visceral input to the brain, which may have become disrupted, as represented by the POIS symptoms."

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1208 on: July 16, 2014, 11:52:10 PM »

I snapped our fMRI machine thru the window (I was not permitted to photograph inside the room) -- while Dr Komisaruk was introducing me to Gregg Ferencz, the fMRI technician on our POIS Studies.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1209 on: July 17, 2014, 12:00:34 AM »
As many of you know, Dr. Pooja Lakshmin, M.D., is also on our Rutgers-POIS Study Team.

Dr. Lakshmin will be pursuing her Psychiatry Residency while studying POIS.

Another photo of Dr. Lakshmin, M.D.
                            Rutgers-POIS Study Associate

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:02:16 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1210 on: July 17, 2014, 12:22:55 AM »
When I very recently visited Dr Komisaruk, he recommended this book  (he's written several, including "The Science Of Orgasm ") to our forum:

Available at Amazon. 75 cents used...& up
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0801893968?pc_redir=1405282782&robot_redir=1

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:38:23 AM by demografx »

Pianist

« Reply #1211 on: July 17, 2014, 01:05:29 AM »
TELL, BARRY WILL LOOK FOR TREATMENT OR TO CHECK THE THEORY OF THE WANDERING NERVE?

Pianist

« Reply #1212 on: July 17, 2014, 01:10:57 AM »
DEMO, PLEASE ANSWER

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #1213 on: July 17, 2014, 05:02:14 AM »
Friends, please, answer the question: Barry will look for the treatment of research, or to prove the theory of the vagus nerve?

Not sure I entirely understand your question.

His principal objective is to see how the Vagus nerve is invoved. The results of such an investigation could vary significantly.

It is not normal, in research of a seed grant, to actually produce a cure. The objective, generally speaking is to investigate and provide enough further, solid evidence that there is something there (POIS is real), and that a more clear direction can be established to it's further investigation.

This does not mean that a treatment or even a cure potentially can't be found. In fact, I think there is hope for some grade of success within the bounds between treatment and cure. But nothing can be promised.

It is really a big step forward, to be able to provide real, credible medical evidence which opens the door for POIS to the medical profession. We are tired of doctors not believing us.

To be able to go into a doctor's office and say I have POIS, without them saying "Nonsense, you need anti-depressants and a psychiatrist"!

Pianist

« Reply #1214 on: July 17, 2014, 06:37:33 AM »
Daveman, many thanks for the answer))))). Mine to the simptomy:acne, fatigue, apathy, cognitive violations, a social phobia, weakness in feet. somewhere in 10 years there was temperature 37.0 which was week doctors of nothing could tell.

Nico

« Reply #1215 on: July 17, 2014, 09:42:42 AM »
Anyone else have ear tubes as a kid? I wonder now about damage to the vagus nerve from surgery...

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1216 on: July 17, 2014, 01:17:30 PM »
2 more snapshots:

Entrance to Dr Komisaruk's office building:

Outside Dr. Komisaruk's office is a first-of-it's-kind chart!

"Men's Genital Structures Mapped On The Sensory Cortex: fMRI Evidence"
(Rutgers-POIS Team Members)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1217 on: July 17, 2014, 06:13:52 PM »

Not sure I entirely understand your question.

His principal objective is to see how the Vagus nerve is invoved. The results of such an investigation could vary significantly.

It is not normal, in research of a seed grant, to actually produce a cure. The objective, generally speaking is to investigate and provide enough further, solid evidence that there is something there (POIS is real), and that a more clear direction can be established to it's further investigation.

This does not mean that a treatment or even a cure potentially can't be found. In fact, I think there is hope for some grade of success within the bounds between treatment and cure. But nothing can be promised.

It is really a big step forward, to be able to provide real, credible medical evidence which opens the door for POIS to the medical profession. We are tired of doctors not believing us.

To be able to go into a doctor's office and say I have POIS, without them saying "Nonsense, you need anti-depressants and a psychiatrist"!

Thanks, Daveman! :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1218 on: July 17, 2014, 06:41:42 PM »

Dr Komisaruk checking results with Associate.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 06:47:52 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1219 on: July 17, 2014, 11:47:32 PM »

Dr Komisaruk with patient at fMRI.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 04:43:02 PM by demografx »