Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 933588 times)

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #1000 on: December 12, 2013, 08:14:25 AM »
@eur79m,

Another compelling theory is that one of the herpes viruses is giving us issues, namely herpesvirus 6: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_herpesvirus_6

It can be latent or dormant for a while, and any number of triggers can make it active. It has been connected to a nervous system problems.  I am still learning about it, as is the entire scientific community.

The majority of humans are born with herpes viruses, just not all of them have symptoms. Might you have access to some tests or doctors who might know more about this? You have had a lot of amazing tests done that I can only dream of getting done due to the nature of the American health system.

So many possibilities! Sigh!
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #1001 on: December 20, 2013, 07:00:38 PM »
POIS GRANT AWARDED/ACCEPTED 5:00 PM EST THURSDAY EVENING!

Barry Komisaruk, PhD from Rutgers University in New Jersey, is the award recipient and the Principal Investigator for the first formal POIS study. He will be working in conjunction with an MD from Rutgers.

The research will focus on fMRI's in men with POIS, will include control subjects for comparison, and will examine brain function before, during and after orgasm.

The purpose of the study is to observe reactions and structural changes that may be occurring in the brains of POIS sufferers -- changes which explain the severe cognitive impairments of POIS, and also potentially explain the general physical reactions as a whole (pain, headache, severe fatigue, as examples).

If brain reactions are found, this will lead to determining the cause of POiS -- but more importantly -- may well elucidate treatments that are available now-- to counteract these changes.

Landmark study!!!!  More to follow!!!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 10:17:18 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1002 on: December 20, 2013, 07:42:42 PM »

Available at Amazon. Focus: female orgasm
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 07:47:38 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1003 on: December 21, 2013, 06:14:28 PM »

Defsync

« Reply #1004 on: December 21, 2013, 11:02:42 PM »
i can volunteer my brain and would be a willing participant in said study. i would even allow brain biopsy. seriously. use me! i have that cognitive destroying kinda POIS that ruins lives. good test material!

Defsync

« Reply #1005 on: December 21, 2013, 11:22:39 PM »
http://www.cambridgebrainsciences.com/

wonder if this would be useful testing cognitive function before and after Orgasm

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1006 on: December 22, 2013, 12:56:47 AM »
i can volunteer my brain and would be a willing participant in said study. i would even allow brain biopsy. seriously. use me! i have that cognitive destroying kinda POIS that ruins lives. good test material!

Thanks, Defsync, we'll need volunteers!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1007 on: December 24, 2013, 11:09:40 PM »

Also available at Amazon.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1008 on: December 28, 2013, 09:15:19 PM »
POIS GRANT AWARDED/ACCEPTED 5:00 PM EST THURSDAY EVENING!

Barry Komisaruk, PhD from Rutgers University in New Jersey, is the award recipient and the Principal Investigator for the first formal POIS study. He will be working in conjunction with an MD from Rutgers.

The research will focus on fMRI's in men with POIS, will include control subjects for comparison, and will examine brain function before, during and after orgasm.

The purpose of the study is to observe reactions and structural changes that may be occurring in the brains of POIS sufferers -- changes which explain the severe cognitive impairments of POIS, and also potentially explain the general physical reactions as a whole (pain, headache, severe fatigue, as examples).

If brain reactions are found, this will lead to determining the cause of POiS -- but more importantly -- may well elucidate treatments that are available now-- to counteract these changes.

Wow, that's amazing!. Thank you for informing us, demografx and Daveman. I am sure that his research will shed some light on POIS that could lead to an imminent and effective treatment for everyone affected.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1009 on: December 29, 2013, 01:39:09 AM »
Thanks, Observer! :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1010 on: January 01, 2014, 03:13:13 AM »
Daveman and I have welcomed Dr. Barry Komisaruk to POISCenter -- via email -- and he replied immediately.

Daveman and I will very soon be posting specific information from Dr. K., hopefully within the next week or two.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR PATIENCE THESE LAST MONTHS! Just wanted to assure you all that everything is moving forward and as planned. This is a very exciting time -- the first formal, scientific POIS research is about to begin!

Happy New Year! :) :)

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:40:01 PM by demografx »

Chris

« Reply #1011 on: January 01, 2014, 05:26:33 AM »
Daveman and I have welcomed Dr. Barry Komisaruk to POISCenter -- via email -- and he replied immediately.

Daveman and I will very soon be posting specific information from BK, hopefully within the next week or two.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR PATIENCE THESE LAST MONTHS! Just wanted to assure you all that everything is moving forward and as planned. This is a very exciting time -- the first formal, scientific POIS research is about to begin!

Happy New Year! :) :)

Fantastic Demo!
Happy new year everyone!We are finally getting down to this with the best way!
Stay strong!

Jmari

« Reply #1012 on: January 01, 2014, 01:35:37 PM »
This a good start to a new year. I am glad to have a Doctor on board!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1013 on: January 01, 2014, 03:04:30 PM »
 :) :) :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1014 on: January 02, 2014, 01:59:53 AM »

Best wishes for everyone's POIS-free future!

Daveman
and
demografx

Defsync

doctor correspondance
« Reply #1015 on: January 02, 2014, 03:55:11 AM »
So should we NOT correspond with this doctor individually? I certainly wouldnt mind emailing him my opinion on my take on the POIS movement and possible implications of said research, being positive and supportive of course in said correspondence =)

Josh

actually i want to let him know some of my theories so he has those to consider when he does his research, not that he has a lot of material already, but i still have a couple thoughts on POIS I know no one has ever expressed. not to mention im the only one who came up with the method for controlling dreams. altho I really dont know if that was ever successful for anyone else.....

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: doctor correspondance
« Reply #1016 on: January 02, 2014, 06:44:00 AM »
So should we NOT correspond with this doctor individually? I certainly wouldnt mind emailing him my opinion on my take on the POIS movement and possible implications of said research, being positive and supportive of course in said correspondence =)

Josh

actually i want to let him know some of my theories so he has those to consider when he does his research, not that he has a lot of material already, but i still have a couple thoughts on POIS I know no one has ever expressed. not to mention im the only one who came up with the method for controlling dreams. altho I really dont know if that was ever successful for anyone else.....

We are going to have a conference with NORD here this next week, which should shed more light on his actual plan and it's implications, and also let us know what sort of interface we can have with him.

Dr. Komisaruk has also asked that we post to help find volunteers. For this he will be sending us a text within the next week (I imagine) which would outline the guidelines, and hopefully a little more about the process, for this volunteer program.

So give us a little more time to find out exactly the route it is he'll be taking.

All applicants had to submit a specific approach, which implies a specific suspicion and desired final result. So this would probably mean that their direction is quite fixed and dedicated.

I remember a notice on a garage mechanics wall, that specified his fee:

$35/hr normal
$70/hr with customer assistance.

Under "Funding a POIS Research Program", I will open a thread to discuss things we would like the researcher to know. From that thread
we will try to get something put together that may help the Doctor fine-tune his research.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Defsync

« Reply #1017 on: January 03, 2014, 01:57:09 AM »
THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT DAVEMAN! Yeah man we slap down our theories and filter em down, man you never know then what a doctor can do with that information. One person might mention one chemical or thing to look at that wasnt thought of and BAMN holy crap they end up discovering something new. I'm really excited you guys pulled this off before I croaked lol.

One thing I've been paying attention to... since I use Lyrica sometimes after an unfortunate NE.... noting myself which drugs seems to "block" or counter certain symptoms of POIS. To a researcher, this can help them determine what receptors or chemicals in the brain are being affected by POIS. For instance (and I know this if for later mostly just throwin it out now since im exciteD) Lyrica --> " Pregabalin decreases the release of neurotransmitters including glutamate, norepinephrine, substance P and calcitonin gene-related peptide". So you know, considering how effective it is at countering the cognitive dysfunction of POIS, one of these 4 main effects might be a consideration.

And Im convinced 100% theres a link somehwere to Alzheimers. I have a capacity, when im deep in thought, to have a train of thought of something, develop it in my head, and then bamn I lose concentration and the whole thought train vanishes, and Im completely unable to recall. From glutamate wiki "Excitotoxicity due to excessive glutamate release and impaired uptake occurs as part of the ischemic cascade and is associated with stroke,[4] autism, some forms of intellectual disability, and diseases like amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, lathyrism, and Alzheimer's disease."

Oh okay, so excessive glutamate can cause memory dysfunction, and levels of it spike after orgasm. Maybe we have to much already? And the O increases it to a level that causes dysfunction. So that might explain why Lyrica which drops those levels, counteracts the cognitive dysfunction so well.

And would explain why Niacin works as well since Niacin is a cofactor in the conversion of glutamate back into glutamine. Thus lower your glutamate levels. Diagram here: http://themedicalbiochemistrypage.org/images/glutamate-glutamine-cycle.png

WHOA sorry didnt mean to start spouting theories right now, but I JUST came up with this one out of the blue as Im sitting here researching. You guys probably have already looked at all this on another thread lol. Regardless it just prompted me to buy 60 tabs of  N-Acetyl-Cysteine 1000mg which supposedly lowers glutamate, and has been looked at for reducing milder versions of some POIS-like symptoms.

BUT THATS HOW US POISERS ROLL! You be in some thread, and you go off researching and just gotta write it down immediately just to get it out there.

itll be a wondrous experience to volunteer just for the oppurtunity to meet other real life POISers.

The hour is late. Thanks for your patience in reading my post lol.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:44:13 AM by Defsync »

Prancer

« Reply #1018 on: January 03, 2014, 02:35:20 PM »
THATS HOW US POISERS ROLL!

THAT'S HOW WE ROLL!!

Nightingale

Re: doctor correspondance
« Reply #1019 on: January 03, 2014, 08:00:40 PM »

We are going to have a conference with NORD here this next week, which should shed more light on his actual plan and it's implications, and also let us know what sort of interface we can have with him.

What medium is this conference going to be on? This forum? Skype? Is it open to the rest of us?

Thanks Dave
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.