Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 584590 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #810 on: April 19, 2013, 02:16:46 PM »
just a reminder...

Attention all POISers: POIS GRANT NEWS!
Please visit Stef's new thread,
"POIS RFP, 2013"
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1012.0
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #811 on: April 19, 2013, 09:44:31 PM »
We did it! $31,000 POIS Grant!

Pass it on! Show the world!
http://tinyurl.com/bwhbn5k

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

nenexx

« Reply #812 on: April 22, 2013, 11:32:35 AM »
I want to write about this on the biggest forum in Sweden. I want to help raise awareness and maybe some people recognize thereselves in the issue. Since I'm not the best writer myself I would very much like a mould(don't know if this is the correct word) so I do this in the best way possible. Any suggestions? Maybe I could use the reddit thread and change a few things that's personal for him? Also, is this anything you've been talking about, suggesting to people that they make a post on big forums in their countrys to make more people aware of this?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:56:32 AM by nenexx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #813 on: April 22, 2013, 03:24:39 PM »
Excellent ideas and suggestions, nenexx! :)

We have had great success (with many thanx to "Observer") in exposing the wider population of Spain to the existence of POIS via their national newspaper, El Mundo:
www.poiscenter.com

Australia: via ABC Documentary TV Program (see Mat780's POISChannel on YouTube)
www.youtube.com/POISchannel
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:51:31 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #814 on: April 22, 2013, 07:41:01 PM »

-----Original Message-----
To: POIScenter.com
Sent: Mon, Apr 22, 2013 5:33 pm
Subject: Google Alert - Postorgasmic Illness Syndrome

Web 1 new result for Postorgasmic Illness Syndrome

Postorgasmic illness syndrome | Disease | Overview | Office of ...Please contact us with your questions about Postorgasmic illness syndrome We will answer your question and update these pages with new resources and ...
http://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/gard/10809/postorgasmic-illness-syndrome/resources/1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #815 on: April 23, 2013, 06:35:01 AM »
I want to write about this on the biggest forum in Sweden. I want to help raise awareness and maybe some people recognize thereselves in the issue. Since I'm not the best writer myself I would very much like a mould(don't know if this is the correct word) so I do this in the best way possible. Any suggestions? Maybe I could use the reddit thread and change a few things that's personal for him? Also, is this anything you've been talking about, suggesting to people that they make a post on big forums in their countrys to make more people aware of this?

Hi nennex.

You can find good information here at the following address. It was created to recompile a basic introduction to POIS for those who may be interested.
http://poisenglish.blogspot.com.es/

You may take pieces of it for you "model", or even put the link into anything you wish to write.

This link has references to all our pertinent POIS resources, including this forum and the google "compendium" by Matt et al.

Thanks for spreading the word.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #816 on: April 23, 2013, 07:51:52 AM »
From respectable Duke University

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Subject: Google Alert - post orgasmic illness syndrome
To: POIScenter.com

Web   1 new result for post orgasmic illness syndrome

Proposals for Post-Orgasmic Illness Research Projects - Funding ...
COM, is accepting applications for a scientific or clinical seed grant dedicated to Post-Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS). POIS has been only recently reported, ...
https://researchfunding.duke.edu/detail.asp?OppID=13771

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #817 on: April 23, 2013, 09:42:09 AM »

NORD received a donation for the POIS research grant a few days ago.  The donor sent an inspiring message along with the donation, and has given NORD permission to pass that message along to the forum (at Stef's  request) --

"Make good use of the donation and try to find a cure for POIS. It will benefit many people who are silently suffering and it will be a blessing in return."

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #818 on: April 24, 2013, 12:20:55 PM »
RFP NEWS :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Subject: Fw: Today's RFPs from Philanthropy News Digest
To: Stefanie Putkowski

Stef,

First, glad that you are safe and sound.

Just received this update from the *Foundation Center about the POIS Restricted Research Grant; what a good avenue of public awareness!  Hope that you receive many responses to this RFP.

Best wishes,

Consultant

*PND/Foundation Center • 79 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10003 • (212) 620-4230

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:28:40 PM by demografx »

mat780

• AdminRareDisease
« Reply #819 on: April 24, 2013, 06:09:59 PM »
Thanks anonymous donor!!!

NORD received a donation for the POIS research grant a few days ago.  The donor sent an inspiring message along with the donation, and has given NORD permission to pass that message along to the forum (at Stef's  request) --

"Make good use of the donation and try to find a cure for POIS. It will benefit many people who are silently suffering and it will be a blessing in return."

demografx

• Administrator

Nightingale

« Reply #821 on: April 25, 2013, 08:57:29 AM »
Firstly, I'm amazed this made it onto "Drs.", a REALLY popular show here in the US.  Second, I'm amazed at how this "expert" on tv claimed to know what the cause of POIS is when the verdict is very much still out!  I've watched this show before, and seen this kind of broad-brushing before.  They get a problem, and get a solution, then focus camera's on the hired models who sit in the front row to make you react to how pretty they are.

Ugh, Im kind of torn on this one.  I've been in organizations where the idea that "There's no such thing as bad news", but they never caught traction.  Truth and facts are really important, and I'm embarassed to have had that show use our obviously eyebrow-raising illness for material on their show without being sensitive to us, the sufferers.  I am happy though that at the end the main host encouraged those who had this issue to seek help, that's exactly what POIS sufferers need when they don't know they have it.

What do you guys think?  Thanks for the post demo
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #822 on: April 26, 2013, 08:35:35 AM »
Welcome, Nightingale ! :)

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #823 on: April 28, 2013, 08:38:18 AM »
Important announcement.

Dr. Salamanca of Madrid, who has worked with us in the past, and who did a POIS survey, which we announced here and which many of you answered,
has begun a new treatment which seems to have fairly good results.

Unfortunately I do not know much about the treatment, but have heard from at least one of his patients, who has reported good results from this treatment.

Dr. Salamanca is looking for people near Spain who could participate in more extensive tests
of this treatment.

Those who are interested, would have to go to his office in Madrid, as the tests require strict control and regular monitoring.

Members interested would have to be pre-screened and several tests would have to be taken beforehand. Unfortunately I do not know how often you would
be required to report to his office.

Interested members send me and Demo a PM expressing your interest, and we will pass your EMail and data to the good doctor, from whence you could continue
your contact personally.

I'm sorry that he cannot open the testing for now without personal appearances in his office, we could reach many more of you this way, but it
is important that these initial tests are controlled and closely monitored.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Ccconfucius

« Reply #824 on: April 28, 2013, 09:31:02 AM »
this great news. can i post it on the other forum.