Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 920555 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #1860 on: December 22, 2016, 08:24:59 PM »

Sound familiar? :)
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1861 on: December 22, 2016, 10:56:17 PM »

Since a lot of us come here, I am writing to explain the "theme" change.

Babylon is no longer supported by the latest versions, and causes bugs, one of which was that EMail addresses were being shown, even though they were disabled.

So bugs fixed, but I'll have to go in and fix up the graphics mods that I once had.

Thanks, Daveman! :)
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1862 on: December 23, 2016, 08:54:07 PM »
Just a periodic reminder to
please bookmark this site:
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?hl=en#!forum/poiscenter

If you ever experience any unforeseen technical difficulties here!

It is our alternate/emergency POISCenter site at Google Groups.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1863 on: December 24, 2016, 02:41:12 PM »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #1864 on: December 25, 2016, 04:30:26 PM »
Happy solstice to everyone!

Whatever is your country, religion, culture, everyone on this planet live this solstice at the same time, be it the winter solstice in the North hemisphere, or the summer solstice in the South Hemisphere, because we all go around the sun at the same pace, on the same Earth :-). 

So, beyond any cultural belief or view, happiness to you all, in those times where there are festivities all around the world !
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1865 on: December 30, 2016, 06:30:17 PM »
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 06:34:16 PM by demografx »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #1866 on: December 30, 2016, 10:21:05 PM »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1867 on: December 31, 2016, 11:33:16 AM »
Thank you, Quantum!

You have really contributed enormously to the POIS cause worldwide!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1868 on: January 05, 2017, 05:40:22 PM »

For POIS volunteers at Rutgers, too??

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 09:45:34 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1870 on: January 28, 2017, 12:13:11 PM »
"Vagus Nerve" in the news

http://www.webmd.com/brain/news/20160412/vagus-nerve-stimulation-treatment

I saw another splashy Vagus Nerve headline article in the paper edition of WebMD in my doctor's office today. (I hope science fares better with POIS than it did for the common cold I came in for!) There's a nasty virus going around, long-LONG lasting (weeks/months) so stay well!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 08:52:42 PM by demografx »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #1871 on: January 28, 2017, 03:17:21 PM »
I wish you to recover soon, Demo.  Drink a lot of source water, take vitamin C if no contraindication for you, lots of veggies and fruits, and rest.   Wash your airways with saline physiologic solution ( Hydrasense, Salinex, SInus Rinse, or the like)  4 to 5 times a day.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #1872 on: January 28, 2017, 03:26:01 PM »
Here is an great article by Mark Hyman, MD, who has a Functional Medicine approach:  http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/07/30/how-to-stop-attacking-yourself-9-steps-to-heal-autoimmune-disease/

If you want the short version, here is the end of the article :

"Nine Steps to Treating An Autoimmune Disease:

1. Check for hidden infections β€” yeast, viruses, bacteria, Lyme, etc. β€” with the help of a doctor, and treat them.
2. Check for hidden food allergens with IgG food testing or just try the UltraSImple Diet which is designed to eliminate most food allergens  ( see at http://drhyman.com/downloads/UltraSimpleCompanion.pdf   ).
3. Get tested for celiac disease, which is a blood test that any doctor can do.
4. Get checked for heavy metal toxicity. Mercury and other metals can cause autoimmunity.
5. Fix your gut. For details, see my blog on irritable bowel syndrome.
6. Use nutrients such as fish oil, vitamin C, vitamin D, and probiotics to help calm your immune response naturally.
7. Exercise regularly β€” it’s a natural anti-inflammatory.
8. Practice deep relaxation like yoga, deep breathing, biofeedback, or massage, because stress worsens the immune response.
9. Have an understanding of Functional Medicine, that addresses the underlying cause of disease.  "

--

The only thing I have changed is that I have added the link for the PDF document - you do not need to buy the book, just by reading this PDF you will know what this diet is about.  In short, it is all evidence for a turn toward an healthy diet:  eliminating refined sugar and white flour, replacing caffeine by green tea, getting rid of junk food, unhealthy additive, ....

This is a good checklist for any POIS sufferer to go through.  That's a very good starting poit, at least. 

Many of these subjects have already been discussed on the forum.

The rest of the article is informative and well written, too, and in lay terms.

Any comments ?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1873 on: January 29, 2017, 08:30:42 PM »
Thanks, Quantum, the press seems to be having a field  day with Vagus Nerve coverage.

https://www.yashodahospitals.com/blog/health-news/stroke-patient-recovery-by-vagus-nerve-stimulation
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 08:56:09 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1874 on: January 29, 2017, 08:38:35 PM »
From the above article, I wonder - if Dr K's tVNS POIS treatment proves to work well - if we will need FDA approval for POIS sufferers to use a tVNS device? Right now mostly epilepsy and depression sufferers have been approved for usage.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1875 on: January 30, 2017, 10:46:35 PM »
Matt, Welcome to the 500 Club! :)

(POISCenter tally of current members January, 2017!)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 10:49:24 PM by demografx »

certainlypois2

« Reply #1876 on: January 31, 2017, 03:30:53 PM »
From the above article, I wonder - if Dr K's tVNS POIS treatment proves to work well - if we will need FDA approval for POIS sufferers to use a tVNS device? Right now mostly epilepsy and depression sufferers have been approved for usage.
I think as long as it is approved for something else doctors can prescribe it for pois. Insurance covering it is a different question.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-label_use

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1877 on: January 31, 2017, 09:36:23 PM »
Thanks, CP2!

My TRT Rx is also off-label use.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:45:43 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1878 on: January 31, 2017, 09:48:53 PM »
Delete this [spammy POIS "remedy"] thread. It's just driving traffic to the scam site.
Excellent! Deleted entire thread.

Thank you, Neutral!

« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:21:34 PM by demografx »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #1879 on: February 10, 2017, 08:52:21 PM »
An article that is very valuable info, from my point of view, for POIS sufferers: 

http://upliftconnect.com/depression-and-inflammation/