Author Topic: If sexual thoughts alone cause it, then what is the fix?  (Read 1046 times)

gettingbetter01

If sexual thoughts alone cause it, then what is the fix?
« on: October 03, 2022, 08:16:17 PM »
If sexual thoughts alone cause symptoms, then what is the fix?

First sorry for posting a lot recently. I just found out I have this, and I?ve been trying to get as much info as possible.

I definitely need to improve on my gut health, and I?m seeing a gastroenterologist soon about my stomach issues. I also picked up a probiotic with a prebiotic and I?ll probably try it tomorrow.

But if sexual thoughts alone cause this then would it really be a gut issue? I?m thinking it?s more neurological, but if that?s the case then how do I go about fixing that?

I developed POIS about 2 years ago after failing nofap several times, so I think somehow I have a deep belief that pmo is bad even though that?s not really what I believe it is for normal people. I was thinking maybe DNRS could help with this, if that?s actually not a scam.

Also I took a drug called phenibut for a long time, and I developed POIS a few months after stopping. Phenibut works on gaba receptors, so I?m also thinking I could possibly have a problem with gaba, dopamine and serotonin.

It?s kind of a headache trying to be my own psychiatrist, and a lot of you guys have more experience and knowledge on POIS than I do so I would GREATLY appreciate any advice. Thank you

also i don?t get an erection during these sexual thoughts, so i don?t think a sperm allergy would apply to me. it?s not precum that?s causing it, it?s the thoughts.

swell

Re: If sexual thoughts alone cause it, then what is the fix?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 12:06:40 AM »
All fixing begins with step#1:  Communicate issues clearly:  Spend some time editing your posts.  If people do not understand you well.  Then the feedback you get will be sub-optimal. 

Your body is interconnected.  Each persons biology is different.  Your genes react to your "emotions".   

Example 1: Wear a glucose monitor.  Try to eat something, but then stop and do not eat it.  Your glucose/insulin will react, despite the fact you never ended up eating.

Example 2: Placebo effect.  If somebody gives you a sugar-coated pill and tells you this costed $1k and proven to be effective, chances are high that the drug will actually help you.

The bottom line is you have POIS, since you are overly sensitive person (I believe most POIS'ers are), with your past experiences having shaped your current behaviors/responses, to an extend that your behavior/actions are causing your body's homeostasis getting disturbed.

How you manage it?  a) Educate yourself - there are many MANY ways to manage pois, b) check the resources here.  Others can point you to the reference thread that lists a long list of treatments/herbs etc.  c) Improve your diet, i.e. meet the minimum daily value of Protein, Fats, Carbs.  d) Understand your body, crying out to you for help.  In my view most diseases, may it be diabetes, POIS, etc. etc. is your body shouting out to you and putting itself in a freeze state as it tries to recover back into homeostasis.  In POIS luckily it is a 7 day temporary period.  You can either understand your body, and change your state i.e. recover, or you can keep enjoying your POIS  for eternity.  Obviously, choice is yours.

If sexual thoughts alone cause symptoms, then what is the fix?

First sorry for posting a lot recently. I just found out I have this, and I?ve been trying to get as much info as possible.

I definitely need to improve on my gut health, and I?m seeing a gastroenterologist soon about my stomach issues. I also picked up a probiotic with a prebiotic and I?ll probably try it tomorrow.

But if sexual thoughts alone cause this then would it really be a gut issue? I?m thinking it?s more neurological, but if that?s the case then how do I go about fixing that?

I developed POIS about 2 years ago after failing nofap several times, so I think somehow I have a deep belief that pmo is bad even though that?s not really what I believe it is for normal people. I was thinking maybe DNRS could help with this, if that?s actually not a scam.

Also I took a drug called phenibut for a long time, and I developed POIS a few months after stopping. Phenibut works on gaba receptors, so I?m also thinking I could possibly have a problem with gaba, dopamine and serotonin.

It?s kind of a headache trying to be my own psychiatrist, and a lot of you guys have more experience and knowledge on POIS than I do so I would GREATLY appreciate any advice. Thank you

also i don?t get an erection during these sexual thoughts, so i don?t think a sperm allergy would apply to me. it?s not precum that?s causing it, it?s the thoughts.
POIS Free, 2+ yrs (occasional/predictive lapses)
Pois symptoms: Peripheral (Skin: Urticaria, dryness, pale blotchy skin), Exasperation of: [Nerve weakness, Muscle weakness + Mental (CNS: Brain Fog, Irritation, Isolation, Speech lethargy, Anxiety)].
Other conditions: ASD, ADD, GA

hapl

Re: If sexual thoughts alone cause it, then what is the fix?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2022, 02:34:09 PM »
No one really understands what's happening, but there are lots of possibilities. It does feel strange that arousal can cause these symptoms, but my health is poor overall (from chronic illness) and I can get the same effects from just working on some writing, or cooking something complex.

There seems to be a gut connection for many neurological issues. This isn't that counter intuitive because neurotransmitters can be made in your gut. We still don't understand the mechanisms and it's very hard to measure real neurotransmitter activity in vivo. So whether it's POIS or Parkinson's, a gut-brain connection is well established even if poorly understood.