Author Topic: What do you guys think of psych meds?  (Read 459 times)

gettingbetter01

What do you guys think of psych meds?
« on: October 03, 2022, 02:11:01 AM »
I found out that I probably have POIS about a week ago after having symptoms for about to years. By far most of my symptoms are psychological, and for this reason I think the cause could also be psychological.

I feel depressed

anxious, especially in social situations

confusing thoughts

derealization. i hate this, i feel like nothing is real.

Eyes not focusing, i also have a lazy eye though.

I do have these symptoms outside of POIS as well, mainly social anxiety and derealization, not near as bad though.

My symptoms have gotten so bad over the past 4 months that I haven?t been able to do anything. I wanna cry things have been so bad. I haven?t been able to work, go out with friends or family or do anything besides stuff around my house. I went to the grocery store the other day, and that was honestly a big step for me, as pathetic as it sounds.

Things have been so bad, I?m only 21. I was thinking since my symptoms are mainly psychological something like a SSRI or SNRI would be helpful. I would still focus on my gut health, and do what I can to improve it. I will also check hormones and other causes of POIS.

I?m just so desperate, and I feel like I need something to help me through it while I get stuff checked out. What do you guys think? Do any of you have experience with psych meds?

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: What do you guys think of psych meds?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 02:36:21 AM »

Do any of you have experience with psych meds?

Been on either Prozac or Lexapro “forever”
(30+ years), and it has clearly helped my depression but has done nothing for my POIS.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 02:52:34 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

xeon

Re: What do you guys think of psych meds?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 09:41:04 AM »
They are totally not helping with POIS. In fact they ruined my life.
And I almost died several times of serotonin syndrome.
I'll stay away from them.
I'd rather try YouTube subliminals, at least they're free. And you can experiement. There are loads for boosting Serotonin but also 1 or 2 for lowering it as some depressed people have high serotonin. Lots of sub channels have been deleted I guess Big Pharma and supplement makers hate them.

BTW some really work because I got a six pack and lost bodyfat from a subliminal for blocking myostatin and I don't even believe in the thing. I also didn't train, just noticed my muscles in the mirror. I hope someone comes with a POIS subliminal cure though.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 09:54:37 AM by xeon »