Author Topic: TCM Bone Broth works! hurray!  (Read 1482 times)

BoneBroth

TCM Bone Broth works! hurray!
« on: June 19, 2022, 08:49:20 AM »
Except from a temporary improvement in januari/februari the gut-situation was becoming much worse for me this year (2022), untill I tryed a TCM bonebroth last week. I've been recommended this one from my chinese doctor during many years, but I haven't been so dedicated to the soup until now. I told him that I could not eat meat and that the soup was probably full of histamines. But he ensured me that this soup would not give me ANY reactions at all and if I had any reactions it would be from anything else that I ate. That was 100% sure he said. Remembering that he use to have right and he has done miracles with his patiens, I gave it a new try, without eating the meat first, but then eating alot of the meat just the next day because I was so damn hungry and it tastes so well.

And just like that, all symptoms was 90% better in 1-2 days! before it took 1-2 weeks to have the skin reaction (excema/rosacea) to calm down but now it went from bad too almost gone in 1-2 days! I havn't had an O yet, but the headache, muscle pain etcetera is almost gone! BUT! When I eat something else between the bone broth, some symptoms comes back again in smaller amount (muscle pains, neck pains, head ache). But when I get back to the broth the symptoms goes away again in a short time (hours)! Its probably catalysed by doing more and longer walks also (15 000 steps a day according to my pedo-meter). Thats keeps the circulation going and helps the ingredients from the soup to circulate in the blood system.

This bone broth seems to be making wonders, although i have just tryed it for about a week. Have to try it longer to be sure. Just before I had been loosing weight again to the lowest levels so far, and I was excluding one vegetable after the other untill I was afraid that I could not eat anything soon. Extreemely leaky gut I thought! Meat was out of the question and I had to follow anti-histamin/anti-fodmap/anti-lectine lists like a nerd. I just had sallad, cuecumber, millet, coconut milk for many weeks! And I could become ill for a week by just having one little piece of dark chocholate or a cup of coffee.

Now I'm eating chicken and lamb (just the first day on the lamb though) soup like crazy! How strange is that? No "weaning on" either, just on the soup right away! Well I've heard that chicken soup is very anti-inflammatory. This soups is though a mixture of chicken (or lamb), jujube-, goji- and longan (dragom eye) berries, sea salt, garlic, ginger and walnuts (walnuts gave me horrible reactions two weeks ago, but not when boiled in the soup!). I have a strong feeling that those ingredients works together to make this effect and the chineese doctor sais that this becomes a medicine when boiled together, and a food at the same time.

This is the reciepe:

Put all ingredients below in a BIG saucepan and simmer for three (3) hours (not heavy boil). Drink how much you want during the day. Dont leave in fridge for more than three days.

Reciep updated 2022-06-20
  • 4-5 liter water (not important exactly how much, it should cover all the content though)
  • One whole chicken (with bones, preferably ecological), chicken drumdstick or lamb meet with bones.
  • 8 dryed jujube berries (chinese red dates), cut in half
  • 10 dryed Longan berries (dragon eye)
  • 10 dryed Lotus flower berries
  • 20 goji berries
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 8 corn of white pepper smashed. I skipped this because I'm sensitive to spices. But maybe it could work anyway.
  • 5 cm ginger (preferably it should be pounded/smashed, but I cut mine in thin discs)
  • 6 walnuts, preferable cracked from whole nuts with peel
  • 0,5-1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 4 table spoons of clear distilled alcohole, about 40% like vodka. Put it in the last 20 minutes of the simmer. I havnt put this in the soup yet though, and still it works

OBS! If you have hight blood pressure you should take the half dose of white pepper, alcohole, ginger and garlic. You will probably have to visit a chineese shop to find some of the berries.

My own additional supplements (per day): 1-3 gram Vitamin C (for collagen production), 2-4 capules Omega 3 (against inflammation), prebiotic supplements, aloe vera juice.
I took all those supplements before too, so thats not what makes the diffrence.

Theory
My chinese doctor is very concerned about my weight loss and says that I'm eating the wrong foods. The vegetables (salat, millet, coconut milk, vegetable soup etcetera) is not giving my organs enought energy. The problem (including POIS) is the lack of energy and vitamins (he probably means minerals as well and all nutrients: collagen, glucosamin, amino acids etcetera)  and this soup is an "energy rocket" that improves the circulation and organs according to traditional chineese medicine. The POIS symptoms is also a sign of lack of enery (partly because of loosing too much semen during a long time and not having enought energy to compensate, because of stress etcetera, leaky gut). This TCM bone broth with its ingredients seems to remove my gut inflammation almost completely and instantly and perhaps heals the open junctions in the longer run.

My stommach is not bloated when only eating this bone broth, so I belive the bloating is caused by a temporarly food-inflammation! I will probably have to eat this every day for a long time before my intestines are so healed that I can eat normal foods again. But now I already feel great! Except from when going back to the othet foods. I don't know excatly what foods are worst but I have a hard time not to cheat with some banana, fruits, bread, coffee, chocolate, millet, coconut yoghurt. The SIBO bacteria must still be at the wrong place in the small intestine because I get a horrible gas reaction when I eat ripe bananas (I try to eat then green, that helps a bit). I might have to work with the SIBO bacteria more aggresive in the future.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 04:34:20 AM by BoneBroth »

hapl

Re: TCM Bone Broth works! hurray!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 11:20:23 PM »
That's interesting - why do you think you didn't have histamine issues? Have you with other bone broth recipes? I've had issues in the past with chicken soup - I like it, but seems to not work well for me.

Did your Chinese doctor give you the exact recipe, or how did you find those specific items being important (ginger, jujube, etc)?

BoneBroth

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 03:40:37 AM »
Hi hapl! I'm quite sure I have histamine issues. About one month ago I got horrible reaction (skin issues/headach/muscle pain) after I ate canned tuna (which is one of the most known histamine sources). The next week I had the same reactions from raw walnuts and mushrooms and they are also on the histiamine list. I tryed bone brothe as powder (grass fed beef) and I think it also gave me reactions, the same with clean collagen peptid powder from fish, beef and vegetables. I'm not 100% sure though, but I ate that during a period of bad reactions.

However, when consuming a lot of the chicken TCM soup I had none reaction, the other way around - the symptoms went away almost completely (although there are walnuts there too, but coocked)! Now I've been on the beef variant of the TCM soup since yesterday and I had moderate reactions though I'm not sure if its the beef or the two slice of fiber bread and corn/lentil cheese noodles we ate to the movie yesterday. But the TCM chicken soup was like a medicine!

Yes he gave me the reciep many years ago since we work in the same house, and I tryed it before too, but maybe I wasn't using it enought or didnt notice the improvement then. I wasn't in such a bad condition before. Its not very important to make it exact. Iif you take 5 or 7 jujube, or 15 or 25 goji beries doesnt matter much, more then in your economy.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 04:27:49 AM by BoneBroth »

hapl

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 09:48:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Goji and jujube are easy to find, the longan and lotus flower berries might be a little harder to source. Might try to find a TCM doctor or someone who can supply all this stuff.

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2022, 01:33:16 AM »
Sounds delicious!

And has old POIS friends in there like goji and ginger. (no i'm not reducing your effect to those two ingredients  :) )

BoneBroth

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2022, 02:35:13 AM »
I belive the ingredients should be taken together for best effects, but I found a goji thread on poiscenter here.

Observer write:
"Goji berrys are certainly having a possitive effect, and i will say that they are better than fenugreek *AFTER* the orgasm, to reduce the symptoms. *BEFORE* the orgasm, the best alternative for me is Fenugreek!"

and
I have the Goji berrys now, but it´s an 250 g amount. I have been feeling the last 2/3 days with one of the worst POIS episodes since i began to take garlic or fenugreek. The reason? I had a Nocturnal Emision. As i have said fenugreek is not as useful when your POIS symptoms are stronger(or maybe you have to take too much), but it continues to work. This feeling reminded me what i used to feel in the past and to recognize the clear difference of TAKING/NOT TAKING fenugreek before the O.  This afternoon i was feeling with medium brain fog. Then, i ate a fruit, went to shop and bought the Goji Berrys. I wanted to know the effect. Well, now i can tell you. I take 3 or 4 berrys(Of course, this is less than your suggestion Habibou) and my brain fog dissipated . I don´t know if we are talking about some strong placebo effect, but time will tell. Currently 4 or 5 hours later i feel very well maybe with a little cognitive symptoms, but nothing disturbing
Wolf berry write (Wolf berry is another name of goji berry):
Chinese wolf berries ( Dried berries) amount 12-13 in the morning cured all my POIS symptoms I'm serious when I say this I have tried many treatments many nootropics none of them help at all
Ramore write:
Tried Goji berries and it worked too, better, since you only need to choo a handful of it once or a few times a day. And the effect is very good. Completely shutting pois for me.

My chinese doctor also gave me this short juice version to strengthen the kidneys:
20 goji berrries
10 jujube berries
5 walnuts

Simmer for 1 hour and drink a cup every day

BoneBroth

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2022, 06:15:25 AM »
Update! The TCM chicken soups acts like an inflammatory off-switch! Before I had troublesome leaky gut symptomps between one and two weeks after some meals. Now its like the symptoms are turned off some hours after I had a plate of the soup. Thats fantastic! During this time I have been able to enjoy four hotel breakfasts and lots of cups of coffe. That was impossible before I started with the soup! My bowels are much more regular and the colour of the poop is normal again after beeing mustard coloured for almost a year! I just wish more people here tryed the soup and reported the result.

I had two O after I started with the soup and can now say that the pois symptoms are still there but in a milder form than before. That could be explained by a longer restraining period prior to the soup (restraining from O has always had a positive outcome for me) or the soup itself. I belive the restraining period and the holliday (less stress) though. The soup does not seems to work as an off-switch for all the pois symptoms, at least not all of them. Theres still some brain fog and nightmares and acne. By the way I have found a new method for the acne - near infra read / infra red light therapy - it even takes away the itching/redness after mosquite bites. I combine it with massaging the skin and taking mega doses of vitamin C and Omega 3 for the acne. That works quite well.

Anyway, this off-switch is a "life saver" for me and, combined with beeing more active (increasing blood circulation), I belive its essential to initiate a healing of the gut lining. I'm continuing with the soup and will try to report progress here continiously. Its hard though to avoid O and enjoyments like coffee, yoghurt, bread, sausage etcetera when you start feeling better. So last weeks has unfortunately been an on-off symptom switching period. I guess when you have been ill for so many years, its hard to hard to resist even the smallest enjoyment.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 01:31:07 PM by BoneBroth »

hapl

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2022, 08:53:17 PM »
I've been having soup every day. It seems to agree with me more than regular chicken soup (which gives me more of a histamine reaction), but not sure I'm seeing other benefits. I have a lot of fatigue issues even when I'm not having a POIS episode though, so I'm more severe.

5 jujube
4 longan
handful of goji
fresh ginger
salt
chicken (I eat the chicken I cook in the broth)

Missing several things, but not sure if it'll help me overall. I still think I have some low grade infection for years, though. Hard to tell.

BoneBroth

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2022, 10:16:50 AM »
hapl: Maybe the vegetables and berries counteract the histamine in the chicken broth. I need the chicken to gain weight though.

My last "soup batch" didnt have the same effect. It didnt taste as good either. Maybe my own fault. I found an unopened package with two years old goji and longan-berries in the pantry. The goji berries were kind of darker red instead of the clear red colour of new ones and the longan berries didnt have the same sweet taste. Also I used a cheaper jujube berry product AND non organic chicken. So the conclution is that a money saving strategy doesnt seem to work well agains pois! LOL. I'm going for a hunt for new fresh ingredients.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 01:04:11 PM by BoneBroth »