Author Topic: Sleep tracking app shows difference in sleep pattern  (Read 910 times)

JayDeeSee

Sleep tracking app shows difference in sleep pattern
« on: June 14, 2022, 12:34:49 PM »
Just as the title says. Ive used a sleep tracking app on and off over the years and have really started to pay attention to differences in sleep patterns while in and out of POIS state.

While out of POIS the app shows a normal sleep pattern, meaning I go down into deep sleep then up to REM sleep and then up to light sleep, and this pattern repeats 3-4 times through the night. While in POIS I go into deep sleep and stay there all night. It seems like I completely skip over REM sleep. I've tested this out several times and it's always the same. I can't help but wonder if this disturbance in sleep patterns is a contributor of a lot of our physical symptoms. What would cause such a noticeable difference in sleep patterns?

Anybody else have any experience with these apps?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 11:29:16 PM by JayDeeSee »

Quantum

• Administrator
Re: Sleep tracking app shows difference in sleep pattern
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 08:17:20 PM »
Just as the title says. Ive used a sleep tracking app on and off over the years and have really started to pay attention to differences in sleep patterns while in and out of POIS state.

While out of POIS the app shows a normal sleep pattern, meaning I go down into deep sleep then up to REM sleep and then up to being nearly awake, and this pattern repeats 3-4 times through the night. While in POIS I go into deep sleep and stay there all night. It seems like I completely skip over REM sleep. I've tested this out several times and it's always the same. I can't help but wonder if this disturbance in sleep patterns is a contributor of a lot of our physical symptoms. What would cause such a noticeable difference in sleep patterns?

Anybody else have any experience with these apps?

Very interesting observation, JayDeeSee.  I hope we will receive more feedback from those who will test their sleep patterns, in and out of POIS.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

ThisType

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 07:23:03 AM »
This in an area I've poked at a small amount from a different angle and your findings above are really interesting.

- choline helps you get into REM sleep (see the section on choline below)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3026477/

- a number of us find choline supplementation is needed to improve pois (e.g our intake or uptake isn't sufficient for some reason otherwise)

So if you aren't going into REM sleep, maybe REM sleep is not being triggered because something like choline is lacking?

JayDeeSee

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 07:24:15 PM »
This in an area I've poked at a small amount from a different angle and your findings above are really interesting.

- choline helps you get into REM sleep (see the section on choline below)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3026477/

- a number of us find choline supplementation is needed to improve pois (e.g our intake or uptake isn't sufficient for some reason otherwise)

So if you aren't going into REM sleep, maybe REM sleep is not being triggered because something like choline is lacking?

This is a suspicion I've been having too. I just started experimenting with Alpha-GPC and acetyl L Carnitine. I will report back after a while.

I just cannot shake the idea that there's something wrong with our neurotransmitters and that is the core of this curse.