Author Topic: Natural ways to raise estrogen?  (Read 1081 times)

VSmasher

• Kratom helps my POIS
Natural ways to raise estrogen?
« on: July 20, 2022, 06:42:54 PM »
Does anyone know any natural ways to raise estrogen?
My POIS Symptoms:  Brain Fog, frustration, stuffed nose, anger, anxiety, intense hunger, low self esteem, swollen face, and feel zoned out.

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
Re: Natural ways to raise estrogen?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 05:37:06 AM »

You know there is a whole thread dedicated to this.
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=4061.0

The most potent xenoestrogens are probably kudzu and soy. As I had mostly adverse reactions to both I wouldn’t recommend them unless research purposes are considered. Interestingly though some other known xenoestrogens like alfalfa, red clover, licorice were actually beneficial. Alfalfa helps a lot, but prolonged (a few days) consumption seems to give me the same trouble as zinc or cat’s claw. Licorice also helps a lot, but induces heart pain. DGL could be tested alternatively. Red clover only helps moderately, but I haven’t tested it that much to check for side-effects.
Besides xenoestrogens it is probably a better idea to test selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERM) as quite a few proved beneficial for members. Some notable ones could be tamoxifen or astragalus, but there are many more. Even clomiphene is a SERM, although it is mostly mentioned as a way to increase testosterone.
There are also some ways to reduce estrogen and could be a better idea to test these first. Damiana and mangosteen are two aromatase inhibitors that proved to be quite beneficial in my case. Although it didn’t help much short-term, but Calcium D-glucarate is considered another way to reduce estrogen. If any of these actually triggered POIS then it would be logical to think that a lack of estradiol could be the cause otherwise it wouldn’t seem likely. There were also a few members who complained of brittle bones that may be the result of very low estrogen levels.
The same problem may arise from the use of ERalpha antagonists like artemisinin and imatinib, although some members used them with great success.
So there are plenty of options and the only question is if more of us are willing to test them methodically and then report about the experiences.
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

VSmasher

• Kratom helps my POIS
Re: Natural ways to raise estrogen?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 07:01:20 PM »

You know there is a whole thread dedicated to this.
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=4061.0

The most potent xenoestrogens are probably kudzu and soy. As I had mostly adverse reactions to both I wouldn’t recommend them unless research purposes are considered. Interestingly though some other known xenoestrogens like alfalfa, red clover, licorice were actually beneficial. Alfalfa helps a lot, but prolonged (a few days) consumption seems to give me the same trouble as zinc or cat’s claw. Licorice also helps a lot, but induces heart pain. DGL could be tested alternatively. Red clover only helps moderately, but I haven’t tested it that much to check for side-effects.
Besides xenoestrogens it is probably a better idea to test selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERM) as quite a few proved beneficial for members. Some notable ones could be tamoxifen or astragalus, but there are many more. Even clomiphene is a SERM, although it is mostly mentioned as a way to increase testosterone.
There are also some ways to reduce estrogen and could be a better idea to test these first. Damiana and mangosteen are two aromatase inhibitors that proved to be quite beneficial in my case. Although it didn’t help much short-term, but Calcium D-glucarate is considered another way to reduce estrogen. If any of these actually triggered POIS then it would be logical to think that a lack of estradiol could be the cause otherwise it wouldn’t seem likely. There were also a few members who complained of brittle bones that may be the result of very low estrogen levels.
The same problem may arise from the use of ERalpha antagonists like artemisinin and imatinib, although some members used them with great success.
So there are plenty of options and the only question is if more of us are willing to test them methodically and then report about the experiences.

Very interesting because alfalfa and astragalus both help my POIS....they also increase my sex drive

How does male orgasm affect estrogen?????
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 07:04:35 PM by VSmasher »
My POIS Symptoms:  Brain Fog, frustration, stuffed nose, anger, anxiety, intense hunger, low self esteem, swollen face, and feel zoned out.