Author Topic: Dry fingers  (Read 8891 times)

Vandemolen

Dry fingers
« on: June 13, 2012, 06:13:55 AM »
Does anyone else has dry fingers when in POIS? I have. Since I have a smartphone I noticed it's difficult to tap with my finger on the smartphone. And when I pick up a cup of coffe it hurts. Normally I can pick up that cup with the same temperature.

What could be the cause of dry fingers?
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

rock27

• NDL_Group
Re: Dry fingers
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 01:06:37 PM »
I don't know, but the whole skin is drier. My theory is that the body uses the water to dilute the allergy-attacked parts in the body.

Nightingale

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 07:11:23 PM »
No, I can't say I have drier fingers after "O"
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 07:03:24 AM »

I had dry fingers, including dermatitis  - - severely - - in POIS - before my testosterone treatment.

I think it has to do with nerve endings at the fingertips.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 08:23:29 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Hoping

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 12:02:00 AM »

I had dry fingers, including dermatitis  - - severely - - in POIS - before my testosterone cure.

Van and Demo...Can you describe this a bit more? What do/did your fingers look like? Can you describe the sensation a bit more? Demo, what did your dermatitis look like??

Demo, I've seen you mention this many times and always dismissed it as something I don't experience as a symptom. However, a light just went off for me. My finger nails become inflamed, dry, cracked, and sort of start to recede a few times a year. I saw a dermatologist about it and determined it wasn't fungal. He said it was actually psoriasis of the finger nail. My brother has a similar problem on his nails, and psoriasis is genetic. (I've never discussed POIS with my brother). Every now and again, this dryness spreads to the front of my finger nails (where my finger prints are) and patches of skin start to peel. It almost looks like a peeling sunburn. Anyway, I've had some really bad flare-ups over the last month or so and coincidentally have been in POIS a good amount over the last month (moved in with my girlfriend...). I'm not sure if there's a connection for me, but I'm definitely intrigued.
Experienced POIS since 2002.
My symptoms include: brain fog, depression, physical and mental fatigue, memory problems, social anxiety, concentration problems, myalgia, inflammation.

Vandemolen

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 05:26:44 PM »

I had dry fingers, including dermatitis  - - severely - - in POIS - before my testosterone cure.

Van and Demo...Can you describe this a bit more? What do/did your fingers look like? Can you describe the sensation a bit more? Demo, what did your dermatitis look like??

Demo, I've seen you mention this many times and always dismissed it as something I don't experience as a symptom. However, a light just went off for me. My finger nails become inflamed, dry, cracked, and sort of start to recede a few times a year. I saw a dermatologist about it and determined it wasn't fungal. He said it was actually psoriasis of the finger nail. My brother has a similar problem on his nails, and psoriasis is genetic. (I've never discussed POIS with my brother). Every now and again, this dryness spreads to the front of my finger nails (where my finger prints are) and patches of skin start to peel. It almost looks like a peeling sunburn. Anyway, I've had some really bad flare-ups over the last month or so and coincidentally have been in POIS a good amount over the last month (moved in with my girlfriend...). I'm not sure if there's a connection for me, but I'm definitely intrigued.
Late answer. But my fingers look normal, but they are just very dry when in POIS.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 07:43:35 PM »

Van and Demo...Can you describe this a bit more? What do/did your fingers look like? Can you describe the sensation a bit more? Demo, what did your dermatitis look like??

Late answer. But my fingers look normal, but they are just very dry when in POIS.

Late answer. Sorry, Hoping! This is one of my worst POIS symptoms: dry, scaly (tiny, flaky white streaks) fingertips. And also “bald”, “super-smooth” and “hot” fingertips. Why is it so horrible? After all these years, I still can’t explain the agony!  It must be somehow tied in to my psychic condition (which feels like a pre-frontal lobotomy!). So the fingertips might be a “barometer” (due to nerve endings?) that tells me how I’m faring in POIS...overall. TRT has improved this, but is still far from eliminating it.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 08:34:57 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 07:49:37 PM »
My dermatologist (a self-styled ‘King of Dermatology’) didn’t believe me about
dermatitis-with-POIS (“Impossible!” he said), so he told me to come back in at my  next POIS onset. I did...and he was...bewildered...”I owe you an apology! Your POIS indeed produces temporary dermatitis!”, said The King of Dermatology :)

I should have wagered with him!!

He prescribed me a useless medicated hand lotion :)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 08:28:07 PM by demografx »

Vandemolen

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 08:33:46 PM »
I think POIS not only causes dry fingers. But the whole body dries up. When in POIS my forehead is fat. That’s because my sebaceous glands and sweat glands get a signal from the brain that I am drying out. I also get a dry nose and dry throat.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 08:39:00 PM »
Thanks, Van.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 08:44:47 PM »
I don't know, but the whole skin is drier. My theory is that the body uses the water to dilute the allergy-attacked parts in the body.

Interesting, Rock!

Vandemolen

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 12:10:05 PM »
Since a few weeks are also dry without POIS. Two things have changed the last weeks: I started with Clomid. And I have candida. Clomid doesn’t say dry skin is a side effect. So I think it’s the candida.

Vandemolen

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 10:07:43 PM »
Since a few weeks are also dry without POIS. Two things have changed the last weeks: I started with Clomid. And I have candida. Clomid doesn’t say dry skin is a side effect. So I think it’s the candida.
I am pretty sure my dey fingers are caused by candida. Since a few days I am on miconazole. And I feel much better. Also my fingers are less dry.

I have candida because of the use of antibiotics. But even in periods that I didn’t use antibiotics I had dry fingers because of POIS. So I think POIS creates an environment where candida can thrive. Maybe POIS kills the good bacteria?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 10:10:24 PM by Vandemolen »

FernandoPOIS

• 40 year old. POIS Since I was 28. Dopamine heals.
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2019, 02:04:08 PM »
My fingers are very dry and are almost always flaking. My doctor thinks it's due to stress, but I can not relate to POIS.

There may not be a triggering agent such as candida but there may be something about contact like detergents, shampoos, etc.

In conditions of chronic stress, the skin becomes dry and allergies happen more easily. Just like in the mouth where we get less saliva and appear dental problems, bad breath, etc.
My POIS only happens with masturbation. Normal sex does not generate POIS symptoms. My POIS is related to me mood and the health of my cervical spine. Dopamine/Inflammation/Body constitution (genetics) are factors that contribute to POIS.

Vandemolen

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2019, 02:33:21 PM »
Before I said my dry fingers is caused by candida. But I do not think so. I think in my case it is because of the lack of sleep. My tongue is even more with than just after using Fluconazole. I think my immune system now is very weak.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2019, 03:49:47 PM »

Demo, what did your dermatitis look like??

FernandoPOIS

• 40 year old. POIS Since I was 28. Dopamine heals.
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2019, 04:04:05 PM »
My fingers are exactly the same. If I use sertraline, they start to floss even more. I believe it is because sertraline works by decreasing the action of acetylcholine.
My POIS only happens with masturbation. Normal sex does not generate POIS symptoms. My POIS is related to me mood and the health of my cervical spine. Dopamine/Inflammation/Body constitution (genetics) are factors that contribute to POIS.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2019, 06:14:20 PM »
 ;D

Gino

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2019, 01:47:09 AM »
Before I said my dry fingers is caused by candida. But I do not think so. I think in my case it is because of the lack of sleep. My tongue is even more with than just after using Fluconazole. I think my immune system now is very weak.

Hi Vandemolen. I just saw this older post where you used fluconazole. I want to know if you also experienced the issue after eating food containing mushrooms and/or yeast heavy food such as bread & beer?