Author Topic: Etcosp's case - discussion  (Read 3393 times)

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
Re: Etcosp's case - discussion
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2022, 09:30:43 AM »
Global notes:
  • I have respiratory allergies for part of the year and asthma (including exercise-induced).
  • I have recurring psoriasis.
  • I often have very dry skin which makes it irritated.
  • use of any of my hands for a mid amount of time. (10+ min) often makes them super cold. This can happen to a single hand (vasoconstriction : sympathetic system activation ?).
  • I always have a dry mouth in the morning (but I snore), often partially dry at other times of the day (especially in the evening - linked to anxiety periods ?).

Increased DNMT1 expression was observed in blood DNA from patients with psoriasis.
Hypermethylation of the Dnmt1 promoter was also responsible for reduced gene expression levels in various tissues of animal models of asthma.

https://www.mdpi.com/2218-1989/9/12/298/htm

You said that you have both psoriasis and asthmatic symptoms besides POIS, so I thought this would interest you. I don’t have either, but still many of the supplements that benefit asthmatics (e.g. saffron) also work in my case. Resveratrol and Relora are two supplements that could potentially reverse DNA hypermethylation as they inhibit DNMT1.
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

etcosp

Re: Etcosp's case - discussion
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2022, 02:04:37 PM »
Wow, I would never have heard of this. I'll keep searching extensively about this topic and look at options for experimenting on this, tho I'm probably not gonna be able to do so before months. But since you said it has to do with hypermethylation, I wanted to point out that my homocysteine level (indicated among my blood tests results) is normal. Not sure it's related to DNMT1 from what I read. Your post is very informative anyway, thank you for that !