Author Topic: POIS since last 18 years  (Read 2966 times)

Sunny1986

POIS since last 18 years
« on: January 27, 2022, 05:14:03 AM »
Hello All,

I have been suffering from masturbation and nocturnal emission weakness since I was 17 years old. In Jan, 2004, I first discovered that after masturbation, I used to feel very weak and lethargic. But, I continued doing masturbation, even upto 5 times a day. Gradually , my body felt exhausted, burning sensation, irregular heartbeat, dizziness, extreme fatigue, body used to shake, it used to feel as if my heart, eyes and other body parts would pop out.

Then I decided to stop masturbation, but then I started having nocturnal emission regularly. Sometimes even 3 times at night and 5 times a week. After each emission, I used to feel all the above symtoms.

I told my parents, went to different doctors, nobody understood me. I told them whenever I masturbate or there is nocturnal emission, within few hours I feel as if I am going to die. It's unbearable and I want to commit suicide.

I went to around 20 doctors, but everyone told me that's its in my head and some said I have severe anxiety and depression. So, then my parents took me to a psychiatrist, he gave me SSRI and it instantly worked..I was feeling normal again, there was some dizziness and unrefreshing sleep. But apart from that everything became fine and I was doing great in life.

Then my parents stopped my medication without informing the doctor and then in a year's time symtoms reappeared. I used to have stoamch problems, they all came to a conclusion that my problems were related to upset stomach. They took me to a doctor and he gave me medicines, after taking those medicines my condition worsened and since then I have tried many medications and doctors, nothing worked. Now even SSRI have stopped working. I searched on internet couldn't find anything as I thought I was the only one suffering from this. But, yesterday while browsing I found about forums for POIS.

Is there any cure for this?

BoneBroth

Re: POIS since last 18 years
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 06:11:58 AM »
Hii Sunne,

Welcome to the forum! To directly answer your question. I've been on the forum many years and have not seen any cure that works on everyone, but many users have reported hughe improvements with a few specific protocols or single remedies (mostly based on safe natural supplements/foods/methods). Methods that can be somehow confirmed to a certain level are collected in this thread. However, there are also less confirmed methods that seems to be working for a few users but are not in the list.

This is the thread that the forum admin recommend you to start with. There you will find a thread about how to avoide nocturnal emissons. Perhaps the most intresting thread is the "Lifestyle Diary and POIS Summaries" where users tell their own story and things that has helped them. Each user also use to have a link at the bottom of their post where they link to their own story (me for example).

I've also had, and have, huge issues with nocturnal emission. They cause me horrrible, horrible, horrible POIS effects. I'm continously tring to figure out whats working/not working for me and during the years I have managed to handle some symptoms (fo rexample acne) and got a better understanding on what to avoid and what to eat etcetera. I also have a theory on what causes POIS and how to minimize it. Its all in my bio below. To make a long story short, now I belive that the state of the intestines, digestive organs in combination with stress and too frequent orgasms are the main culprits and if you work with theese things you might experience improvements fast.

To shorten the period of symptoms, i've start to eat two cloves of raw, pressed organic garlic (tip from user warrioronthetrot, just before and after orgasm/NE and it seems to be working. The garlic has to be pressed, leaved for 15 minutes for the allicin to form and then taken with milk to avoid the burning sensation in the stommach. Also avoiding all foods that makes you produce gas and bloating improves my symptoms. Read up om FODMAPs and try to eliminate each food that makes you gassy. For the NE, it helps to train the brain to avoid thinking erotics thoughs by focusing (redirecting thoughts) to other parts of life. That will "cool down the addiction/dopamine centra in the brain. Getting a intresting and funny hobby, sport or a more meaningsful job might help a lot.

Good luck! Feel free to ask me any question!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 07:03:46 AM by BoneBroth »

Sunny1986

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 08:05:12 AM »
Thanks a Lot BoneBroth😊
I will try these remedies and hope something works for me.🤞

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 02:24:46 PM »
Hi Sunny1986!

It caught my eyes that you mentioned that your POIS started in Jan, 2004 when you were 17. The funny thing is that my POIS exacerbated in Dec of 2003. Well we are probably around the same age, so no big deal, but others have also said that their POIS got really bad when they were 17. At this age clearly some crucial change takes place in the body. Well adolescence is just about that really, but that doesn’t get us closer to what exactly happens. In my case some genes are probably dysfunctional to begin with or simply got silenced by hypermethylation as a result of some epigenetic change. This gene is probably of less relevance before this time, but becomes crucial for proper sexual function right from this age. Of course this doesn’t necessarily make our POIS alike, but it could be that you would benefit from some of the treatments I use. Have you ever tried any testosterone booster as that helped many here. I think one needs to try several forms before claiming them ineffective. I had the most success with yellow maca extract capsules, but even that doesn’t solve everything, just makes POIS much more bearable. Others claim that fenugreek works much better in this regard, but that only had a lesser effect in my case. It has to be noted that different maca products also showed varying effectiveness for me, but the one that works is really reliable and safe to use. Saffron could be another good thing to try if you have depression, although not every POISer have depression and only a few reported about saffron so far. I had some similar experience with medical care and SSRIs as you, although tryptophan still works on my depression, but in some way it also increases POIS, so it is not a purely beneficial treatment for me. In the earlier years of my POIS I also had frequent headaches and gut cramps. Interestingly the painkiller that I most often use for headache also contains drotaverine. Drotaverine and other PDE4 inhibitors also proved beneficial for me and other POISers. There were some cases when headache couldn’t be alleviated with painkillers alone. What I realized is that fresh air is crucial for headache relief. For this reason I always keep the window slightly opened all the time. There were countless times when I had the beginnings of a headache only to realize that the window is shut. After doing an airing I usually got a full relief. Gut issues clearly play a role in headaches so managing those also help. In the past I also had gut cramps all the time, until I realized that this was caused by eating common bread. Then I switched to whole breads which completely stopped gut cramps, but resulted in crazy burning stools. This also increased most other POIS symptoms as well. Nowadays I only eat some special bread and about 1 kg in a week, so not a great amount. I also often eat croissants that don’t seem to cause any issues. I don’t think I have gluten intolerance as some other POISers do, but it is still a good idea to play around with several different breads or completely skip them if feasible.
So don’t give up, there is surely something that can help even you. In the past 10 years I haven’t treated myself due to resignation, only recently to realize the many options I actually have. I hope you also find something beneficial soon.
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

Sunny1986

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 01:50:01 AM »
Hi Progecitor
I even heard about testosterone booster, I was thinking of taking the same but under supervision of some doctor. Currently I am on SSRIs and Lemotrigine, but they aren't working. I have also heard about NSAID's, but will first talk to doctor before taking it. Also, I took benzodiazapines, and they actually worked for me. I was able to love normal life. But my doctor told me it should not be taken long term as it has may side effects. As soon as I stopped it, my problem resurfaced. I hope I can find some cure ASAP.
I hope you too find solution and recover ASAP
All the Best👍

Progecitor

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2022, 05:32:56 AM »
Could you maybe specify some of the medication you take? Different SSRIs can have vastly different effectiveness and side-effects. Do you take the same SSRI as you took in the past when it still worked for you? Sertraline (Zoloft) was quite effective for me, but unfortunately it also increased POIS in another way. I have the same problems with L-tryptophan, so nowadays I try to avoid it. However I took L-tryptophan and maca together for a few month and they worked rather well together at the time, so maca is possibly a good combination for SSRIs. You shouldn’t take L-tryptophan though as a combination with SSRIs could lead to a somewhat dangerous serotonin syndrome.
I also took a benzodiazepine drug called clonazepam (Rivotril) for years. This actually increased most of my POIS symptoms, but at least it managed the constant panic I was suffering from in those times. I have been thinking for years that all benzos must be bad, but recently I had to reconsider this. I suspect that lorazepam would be actually good for my problems and some POISers really used it with success. It is true though that others claimed that clonazepam is beneficial for them. So could you specify which benzodiazepine(s) worked for you?
Clonazepam is an anti-epileptic drug, but I have never had any seizure episodes. Lamotrigine is also an anti-epileptic drug. Have you actually had any epileptic episodes and if so, are they in connection to sexual activity?
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

Sunny1986

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2022, 01:41:53 PM »
Hi Progecitor

I used to take Prodep 60mg which is an SSRI. Now, also I am taking Prodep 60, but it's not effective anymore.

No, I haven't had any epileptic episodes, doctor gave me Lamotrigine as a mood stabilizer. It's been 3 months but I am not able to see any major change by taking Lamotrigine. My dose has been increased to 200 mg, there is a slight improvement in mood, but it's negligible. Instead, I have now got constipation because of it.

I took benzodiazapines for 6 months. It was Clobazam 5mg. My mood was good, though there was constant general weakness in my body. Then another doctor told me to stop taking Clobazam as its habit forming and not good in long term use. So, I stopped it.

Doctors have been diagnosing me with depression. But I know it's not that.

Progecitor

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 02:18:47 PM »
Unfortunately I have no experience with fluoxetine, so I can’t relate to that. However there is a bit of information about it on the site. You should search for fluoxetine or prozac, if you haven’t already and you may find other treatments based on the experiences of those who had a benefit with it. I haven’t even heard about Clobazam, but it is good to know that it may have a benefit on POIS. I guess you got prescribed to Lamotrigine as they have both anti-epileptic and anxiolytic features. Based on what you said before it may be a good idea to check other anxiolytics as well. I don’t have a particular problem with anxiety nowadays, but some of the beneficial supplements I took also have anxiolytic property. Testosterone itself can exert anti-anxiety effects. Gotu kola and damiana were also beneficial for me and they are also indicated as anxiolytics.
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=4061.msg43858#msg43858
(ctrl+f: anxiolytic)
Saffron and L-theanine also exert anxiolytic activity and they were effective for me and for several other POISers as well.
https://e-jmm.org/search.php?where=aview&id=10.6118/jmm.21002&code=3165JMM&vmode=FULL
https://sci-hub.se/https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0278691516304501?via%3Dihub

FAAH inhibitors are generally believed to reduce anxiety.
https://www.mdpi.com/1420-3049/25/17/3846/htm
Saffron and CBD oil are model FAAH inhibitors. They also worked for several POISers, although I no longer believe that endocannabinoids could explain all the peculiarities of POIS.

Of course there is even more information about anxiolytics on the site. I hope this helps!

Sunny1986

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2022, 11:22:56 PM »
Yes, Clobazam worked for me, but the problem was that it cannot be taken for long term as one has high chances of developing Dementia and other brain disorders.

You might have heard these names - Onfi, Sympazan, Frisium. These all are alternate names for Clobazam in different countries.
Yes, I was also thinking about using CBD oil, but my doctor was against using it. He said it may help you , but it can also worsen your condition. He told me to go through tried and tested medicins. But it nothing works, I might have to take this route and try different alternatives to find cure.

It's good to know that Gotu Kola and Damiana were effective for you. I will also try these, hope they also work for me.

I don't even know of doctors are understanding my problems. They just prescribe medicines and sometimes don't even try to listen to whole conversation. I am not able to exercise and run. Earlier I was very active in sports and used to run marathons. But now am feeling some kind of problem in my muscles and bones. My bones pain and seems weak and lethargic to me. But my test results are fine.

Hope I find cure , so do you ASAP

kakaw112

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2022, 12:41:03 PM »
Fluoxetine user here. It worked very weirdly for me. The day of O(suppose morning), then Fluoxetine reduces the symptoms until the end of the day. I sleep at the end of this day , I get nightmares sometimes. Now it feels like all this stress and fatigue has been accumulated since 24 hours. It comes out the next day like its floodgates have been opened when I am not on the SSRI on the next day. I hope I find something which will work for me.

And oh boy it gives pimples. 2mm diameter ones which leave scars.

Many antihistamines have various side effects some of which are very serious which makes me want to avoid them. 

Sunny1986

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2022, 06:53:48 AM »
Even I now don't know what to do, which treatment will work for me or not.

Hope you find cure ASAP.

All the Best 👍

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2022, 02:03:58 PM »
SSRIs (sertraline, fluoxetine etc) did nothing to stop my POIS symptoms, which are primarily brain fog. However, they did make me feel better about not being able to think and socialize properly  :)

So I'm pretty neutral about SSRIs in general. My solution to POIS turned out to be an SNRI, and I'm reasonably certain that it was the norepinephrine component of the drug that made it work for me - I've taken several SSRIs and not one of them affected my POIS.

Sunny1986

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2022, 03:22:04 AM »
Can you please tell me which SNRI worked for you. I have been trying many solutions but nothing is working for me.

Since last 2 days, I have been vomitting and having severe stomach cramps. Also weakness and fatigueness in bones and muscles. It's becoming very difficult to pass even a single day. Mostly I have been sleeping all day but still not getting any relief.

Somebody told me to try NSAID, DHEA and testorone. But, I am skeptical as it might worsen my situation even more.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2022, 05:06:03 AM »
Can you please tell me which SNRI worked for you. I have been trying many solutions but nothing is working for me.

Since last 2 days, I have been vomitting and having severe stomach cramps. Also weakness and fatigueness in bones and muscles. It's becoming very difficult to pass even a single day. Mostly I have been sleeping all day but still not getting any relief.

Somebody told me to try NSAID, DHEA and testorone. But, I am skeptical as it might worsen my situation even more.

Hi Sunny,

The SNRI that works for me is called milnacipran. There is a thread with a lot of information about it here:

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3312.0

It is available on prescription in the USA (Savella) and in some European countries (Ixel), but if you don't live in one of these countries, it is difficult to buy. It's a powerful drug that can have side-effects, and you shouldn't take it unless supervised by a doctor.

I should also point out that my POIS symptoms don't include any issues with my stomach. A lot of people on this forum believe that there are many different causes for POIS symptoms. Milnacipran works incredibly well at stopping my brain fog (my main symptom), but it might not do anything to help issues regarding vomiting and stomach cramps.

Good luck in your quest to beat POIS, there is lots of knowledge on this forum, and a lot of people willing to help  :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 05:18:16 AM by hurray »