Author Topic: Article: Successful treatment of POIS with human chorionic gonadotropin  (Read 4045 times)

POISse

While looking on the internet I found this article: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S221444201930453X

Has anyone ever heard of / experienced this treatment?

POISse

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Article: Successful treatment of POIS with human chorionic gonadotropin
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 06:40:20 PM »
Has anyone ever heard of / experienced [HCG] treatment?
If you do a POISCenter search, you’ll find previous posts on HCG
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 06:42:22 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

POISed2cure

Based on the above article, my Endocrinologist has given me HCG to test for a few weeks to see if it helps, and the Urologist agreed it was worth a try. Most doctors are clueless at dealing with POIS and they just allow me try whatever I ask them for. I guess they are able to guide whether it is safe to try or not based on my personal health, but that's about it. My testosterone is within the normal range but not by much. Just had my first injection in the hospital today. Will have 3 per week from now on.

Will report back.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 07:14:48 AM by POISed2cure »

hosien2008

• MM group
Hello
I did it and it didn't work.

POISed2cure

Hosien, how many injections did you have? How long did you do it for? Are your testosterone levels normal or low? If you just had a shot of HcG and then ejaculated the same day, it may be useless. Peak levels are after about 72 hours after receiving the first injection, but it can take the body a few weeks or months to adjust. I will wait until the evening of my second or third injection to O and see if there is any improvement.

HcG probably has the best chance of working for those with low T levels - either below normal range or borderline. Mine are borderline.

HcG successfully treated the person in the article nearly 100% but he did it for 6 months.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 09:44:33 AM by POISed2cure »

hosien2008

• MM group
Two doses of 5,000 units per week were very good for the first two months, but after ejaculation everything went back to normal.

hosien2008

• MM group
About a year ago or maybe more, t and hcg levels were slightly lower.

POISed2cure

You said "it was very good for 2 months"? Did HcG stop POIS for you for 2 months?

Or are you saying you took 5000IU twice per week for 2 months without any ejaculations, and then after 2 months you ejaculated and POIS symptoms were as bad as before?

Did you get your HcG from a hospital/doctor?

The article gave 1500IU 3 times per week, for 6 months (symptoms disappeared completely after 6 weeks). HcG peaks in the body at 72 hours, so maybe that's why.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 12:11:48 AM by POISed2cure »

POISed2cure

Just logging here. 2nd dose of HcG 1500IU by injection at hospital today. Next dose in 2 days time. Have not O'd since start of treatment. Experienced no side effects at all so far.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 12:12:29 AM by POISed2cure »

Lihua

• a Chinese man's case and situation of all the POISers undergoing desenz in China
Just logging here. 2nd dose of HcG 1500IU by injection at hospital today. Next dose in 2 days time. Have not O'd since start of treatment. Experienced no side effects at all so far.
hope it can help you. Please update the result as soon as possible...
all Chinese can send me a personal message, I have a wechat group. There are doctors researching POIS in Guangzhou, Beijing, Harbin.

POISed2cure

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2022, 05:08:00 AM »
Thanks man. Of course if it helps, I will update immediately.

3rd injection is tomorrow. I have not O'd for 2 weeks, but after tomorrow's 3rd injection, I might O and see if there is any difference. I will continue injections for 1-2 more weeks and then O again to see if there is any difference.

If anyone knows anything about this medicine or has tried it, please share experiences... 🙏

It would be helpful if Hosien could appear to aanswer the questions about his experience with it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 05:10:42 AM by POISed2cure »

hosien2008

• MM group
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2022, 06:18:39 AM »
Hello
This injection should be done under the supervision of an endocrinologist and according to your weight and age. I did this injection for two months. This ampule must be kept in the refrigerator and injected immediately. It worked well at first, but after the fourth week, almost again. Mood disorders return after ejaculation.

hosien2008

• MM group
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2022, 06:21:36 AM »
Endocrinologists believe that testosterone deficiency can not cause such severe symptoms, and several of them have told me that it is not a hormone. I have kept my testosterone stable for a long time with letrozole pills, but I still have a mood disorder after ejaculation. But you keep trying

hosien2008

• MM group
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2022, 06:30:45 AM »
I think the problem of chemical changes is pre-ejaculat and we have no problem with semen
I even had an abg test and there was no problem other than low calcium, high chlorine and high blood concentration in the blood and the kidney doctor told me that it had nothing to do with ejaculation.

hosien2008

• MM group
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2022, 06:33:28 AM »
Our urinary system may have problems with acid and alkali intolerance

hosien2008

• MM group
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2022, 06:34:50 AM »
When I push myself, a white discharge comes out of the urethra that relieves all the symptoms.

POISed2cure

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2022, 05:01:06 PM »
Thank you Hosien for sharing that info.

Yes, my injections are done in a hospital under supervision of an endocrinologist.

I think we need to remember there are different kinds of POIS; some members here were treated with Testosterone (against the suggestion of their endocrinologist). The Science article at the top of this post is a clear example of somebody who was treated with HcG (for testosterone), even 6 months after all his symptoms were gone. How would your Endocrinologist explain this I wonder? 😊

The body is a complex interrelated system and I think we need to be totally open to any treatment if we are going to find a solution for each individual case. There is an arrogance in the medical establishment community in thinking they know all there is to know, when in reality, science still knows relatively nothing about the body, let alone rare conditions like ours!

Best of luck to you... And thanks for your information!

followthrough91

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2022, 11:15:27 PM »
Hello,

Would Testosterone or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin injections be a viable option for someone who experiences P.OI.S symptoms; e.g., extreme fatigue, brain fog, concentration difficulties, body warmth, but has normal Testosterone levels?

I imagine that these injections are costly. Are there effective alternatives?

POISed2cure

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2022, 01:10:39 AM »
As far as I recall there are members in this forum who were successfully treated with TRT who did not have testosterone levels below the normal range and were not recommended it by their endocrinologist, but they went ahead and did it anyway - and were successful. I think Demo (admin of the forum) is one of them?

HcG injections may be a good alternative to TRT as evidence so far shows that unlike TRT, it does not negatively affect fertility levels (and actually enhances it). I have read many doctors are beginning to prescribe TRT together with HcG to help neutralise the effects of TRT on fertility. Everything I say here must be discussed with your doctor though to confirm, but you can do your own research.

HcG injection cost varies by country but usually you need several (about 3) per week, for at least 4-6 weeks (maybe a few months) to know if it treats your POIS. In the above article it was reported that POIS disappeared after 6 weeks of 3 injections a week, but his T levels were low.

I'm Australian, but currently in Thailand where injections are $50-60 per injection (I checked nearly every hospital/clinic). Countries with national healthcare may offer it cheaper. If you visit India, you could probably find it in a decent hospital for a few dollars a shot. It's not easy to find in Australian pharmacies, but hospitals/fertility clinics should have it as it is commonly used for both men and women for fertility.

I imagine HcG or TRT mainly has the potential to help those who have either low or borderline T-levels, and if you aren't at least near the lower part of the 'normal range', your endocrinologist may not even prescribe it to you.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 01:31:02 AM by POISed2cure »

hosien2008

• MM group
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2022, 02:07:16 AM »
The price of hcg ampoule in Iran without insurance is two dollars