Author Topic: Vitamin supplementation WORKS - start taking them!  (Read 161315 times)

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: Vitamin supplementation WORKS - start taking them!
« Reply #240 on: May 22, 2013, 12:58:58 PM »
Yeah I know it's no known cure. I'm referring to the one in this thread. I wanted to know if that's the one people are using or if it's changed. Probably not. "Vitamin B Complex works for some, makes it worse for others, and in many the effects tend to wear off after a time."  "and in many the effects tend to wear off after a time" Where did you find this? I don't think I find it in this thread, maybe I missed it? Already tried niacin and it works for the part after orgasm, but I still have problems overall and I think it's related to dopamine which is the problem this "cure" is trying to fix, am I right?

Whatever, I will just try it and see how it works.

If you follow the various B Complex threads, you tend to find that they have to be constantly adjusted. And some have mentioned that while it worked initially, with time (2, 3 weeks) it seemed to wear off. One can expect that you have to tweak a program, but it never seemed to end. That usually happens when you are chasing the symptoms rather than the cause.  It IS complex of course. and again everyone is different. When I did the B Complex, my sex was better, I had better staying power and was basically hornier, but my POIS was a fair bit worse. My "protection" went from 80% - 90% to 20%.

I never did try without niacin though as Nightingale did in the first post of this thread... so I don't know if that had something to do with it, and to tell you the truth, I didn't really follow the regime to the letter either.

There is more on the B Complex theories throughout the forum. Dopamine and serotinine are definitely involved. search B-Complex in this forum or look up posts by Kurtosis, Nightingale and others that are "perscribers".
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
Re: Vitamin supplementation WORKS - start taking them!
« Reply #241 on: May 22, 2013, 03:48:29 PM »
Have read through a lot of the thread. I have 2 questions: Shall I go for the cure that's mentioned in the start or has anything changed? And I also find this about Ginkgo: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/29/new-doubts-about-ginkgo-biloba/?ref=health - What do you say about this?

EDIT: 1 more actually. What do you say about green tea? Good or bad?

No, the majority of evidence shows ginkgo is good stuff. From your link: "In the new ginkgo study, mice were given up to 2,000 milligrams of extract per kilogram of body weight, or just over 900 milligrams per pound of body weight, five times a week" - this is an insane dose.

From wiki: "Ginkgo supplements are usually taken in the range of 40-200 mg per day. In 2010, a meta-analysis of clinical trials has shown Ginkgo to be moderately effective in improving cognition in dementia patients[39]"

Personally I find that huperzine works better for cognition, which also has good scientific evidence backing it up. Kurtosis found that ginkgo worked better for him.

I've been drinking green tea almost every day for the past 2 years or so and have had only positive effects although I think it mainly just potentiates fenugreek for me.

I took a highly bio-available b-complex for a while and it helped a bit with some physical pois symptoms, but it doesn't compare to my main treatments.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:08:56 PM by Vincent M »
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

brainfogfun

Supplements really do improve my pois
« Reply #242 on: January 25, 2022, 08:30:03 PM »
I've been dealing with POIS for close to ten years. I basically gave up on trying to find an answer and after taking different supplements on and off. After a few years of not trying anything I decided to start messing around with supplements. After two weeks I'm really seeing an improvement.

I started:

Magnesium glycinate
Vitamin D
Zinc
Lions Mane mushroom
A B vitamin complex
A pro biotic
Potassium
A Men's daily vitamin
Big doses of Vitamin C
CBD

I still deal with the depression, although I believe that is related to other things. But I FEEL a lot better. Last year this time I would have serious aches and pains after just one orgasm. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

The key here is finding what works for you. It might take some experimenting but for me, supplementing really does help. Good luck!

Lihua

• a Chinese man's case and situation of all the POISers undergoing desenz in China
Re: Supplements really do improve my pois
« Reply #243 on: January 25, 2022, 10:44:44 PM »
congradulations! how much do you relieve?
all Chinese can send me a personal message, I have a wechat group. There are doctors researching POIS in Guangzhou, Beijing, Harbin.

BoneBroth

« Reply #244 on: January 26, 2022, 04:10:51 AM »
Please could you specify how much you are taking for each supplement, CBD specifically. is it THC in your CBD?

FernandoPOIS

• 40 year old. POIS Since I was 28. Dopamine heals.
« Reply #245 on: February 02, 2022, 07:56:29 AM »
It's worth trying just the CBD because I think it's the one that's working.
My POIS only happens with masturbation. Normal sex does not generate POIS symptoms. My POIS is related to me mood and the health of my cervical spine. Dopamine/Inflammation/Body constitution (genetics) are factors that contribute to POIS.