Author Topic: Nausea and slow gastric emptying for the past 3 weeks  (Read 1574 times)

Bob Morane

Nausea and slow gastric emptying for the past 3 weeks
« on: September 26, 2021, 11:57:32 AM »
In the past I have experienced nausea as one of my POIS symptoms. But nausea usually does last for few days only and gradually goes away. But not this time. Others symptoms are gone but nausea and slow gastric emptying do remain present even after 3 weeks. I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion to make these remaining symptoms go away. It is very annoying to say the least.

Rollo

Re: Nausea and slow gastric emptying for the past 3 weeks
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 01:57:16 PM »
How often did you have an orgasm during those 3 weeks?

Bob Morane

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 04:06:06 PM »
How often did you have an orgasm during those 3 weeks?

None! That is the problem.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 06:25:36 PM »
Have you ever tried liver detox ?  More info on that in this thread: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2431.msg21823#msg21823  .   Bill Ballantine tried it and got good results  ;) 

For nausea, there is also ginger ( here we have it as Gravol - Natural Source - ginger tablets.  It is non-drowsy, of course, no dimenhydrinate in the natural version)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 06:29:50 PM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Bob Morane

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 11:35:48 AM »
Have you ever tried liver detox ?    Bill Ballantine tried it and got good results  ;) 
For nausea, there is also ginger

Thanks Quantum - I believe this is an old recipe from Professeur Clairembart to help l'Ombre Jaune with his liver issue ;-)   RIP Henri Vernes!
(Note: above is just an inside joke attempt for older French speaking people - nothing serious)

Nausea and ginger - I think I have overused large quantity of raw organic ginger and actually irritated my sensitive digestive track, I have overused supplements in general too including herbals. So for now I am stopping all supplements and simply eating good organic food and chewing well to let my oesophagus and stomach rest. A long needed reset for me. I may add some liver herbs later like you suggest - milk thistle, artichoke or black radish (it's the season for it) or dandelion root tea.

I noticed recently at the drugstore that Gaviscon also makes a powdered ginger only capsule for nausea. I think this is rather new.

I have a question for you: if one has a sluggish liver would it show in a blood test? I just had a routine one and my results for liver health are good:
ALT (U/L) 16
AST (U/L) 15
GGT (U/L) 14
Albumin (g/dL) 4.4

Thanks for your generous posts and comments. Very appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 11:46:34 AM by Bob Morane »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 08:30:12 PM »
Have you ever tried liver detox ?    Bill Ballantine tried it and got good results  ;) 
For nausea, there is also ginger

Thanks Quantum - I believe this is an old recipe from Professeur Clairembart to help l'Ombre Jaune with his liver issue ;-)   RIP Henri Vernes!
(Note: above is just an inside joke attempt for older French speaking people - nothing serious)

Nausea and ginger - I think I have overused large quantity of raw organic ginger and actually irritated my sensitive digestive track, I have overused supplements in general too including herbals. So for now I am stopping all supplements and simply eating good organic food and chewing well to let my oesophagus and stomach rest. A long needed reset for me. I may add some liver herbs later like you suggest - milk thistle, artichoke or black radish (it's the season for it) or dandelion root tea.

I noticed recently at the drugstore that Gaviscon also makes a powdered ginger only capsule for nausea. I think this is rather new.

I have a question for you: if one has a sluggish liver would it show in a blood test? I just had a routine one and my results for liver health are good:
ALT (U/L) 16
AST (U/L) 15
GGT (U/L) 14
Albumin (g/dL) 4.4

Thanks for your generous posts and comments. Very appreciated.

Well, that makes sense, maybe L'Ombre Jaune ( The Yellow Shadow) got his nickname because of liver issues, giving him a yellowish complexion ;)

The blood tests you gave results for are testing the general liver health.  When hepatic enzymes like AST and ALT are elevated, it is a sign that the liver is in a form of distress.  So, the doctors will look for hepatitis, bile ducts problems, diabetes, or one of the many other possible causes of elevated enzymes.  However, it is usually not a way to screen for a sluggish liver.

A sluggish liver is more associated with one or more defective enzymatic detox pathways. The liver has a very important detoxification role and is equipped with many enzymes for this detox.  The P450 "multi-enzymatic" complex takes care of phase I, and phase II detox is composed of about 6 different pathways ( methylation, acetylation, sulfonation, and so on).  If you have a less-than-optimal performance somewhere in phase I ( for example, in CYP2A6)
or phase II ( for example, in acetylation), you will sometimes have symptoms of a "sluggish liver".  But, "sluggish liver" is a general term, not specific of what detox function, in particular, is partly defective. The best way to have more information about which pathways are below average in terms of performance is to have your genome sequenced.

I, for one, had confirmation through my genome sequencing that I am a slow acetylator, among other things.  This means that my phase II acetylation pathway is not very efficient.  So, I am intolerant to substances that are metabolized by acetylation, like caffeine ( me taking half a cup of coffee may be like someone else taking several cups of coffee, because my liver has a hard time breaking it down and eliminating it).

When you have your genome data, you can go to a website like  https://geneticgenie.org/ , upload your data, and get a report on your detox functions, among other things.  You can see such reports from members here, in this thread:  https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3694.msg42193#msg42193 , including my own methylation and detox reports, at https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3694.msg42202#msg42202.  In my detox report, you will see two red results at the bottom for the NAT2 gene, which are genetic proofs of my slow acetylator status.

For someone who does not have his genomic data, careful observations about what you have an intolerance to or a hard time to digest may help you identify what hepatic detox pathways have limited efficiency in your own case.  For example, intolerance to alcohol may point to reduced activity of the ALDH2 liver enzyme.  It's a kind of detective work ;)    Obviously, genome mapping puts an end to the guesswork.

And, thanks for your good words about my posts and comments  :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 08:47:18 PM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Aladin

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2021, 01:42:16 PM »
@Bob Morane: suffering from the same symptoms since 3 weeks here.  Any improvements from your side in the meantime?
Any advice?