Author Topic: pois disappeared during "long" covid  (Read 3097 times)

zeramis123

pois disappeared during "long" covid
« on: August 19, 2021, 07:48:49 AM »
Ok so.
Had covid, symptoms went away, lost sense of taste and smell.
After i didn't feel quite myself.
I lost the ability to feel hunger, proper sex drive, appreciation of music, most kind of deep pleasure seemed shallow, like a shadow.
I could still get myself off but it didnt feel quite the same.
If i had to guess i would say my sympathetic nervous system was dulled.
Interestingly i can orgasm freely without ANY pois symptoms.
Ive been taking lions mane and last night i was able to enjoy a pizza and feel pleasure and i listened to music, i cried.
Anyway just letting you guys know. CYAAAA

zeramis123

Re: pois disappeared during "long" covid
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 07:49:56 AM »
oh and feel free to AMA this was the extremely short version of things XD

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 09:25:28 AM »
That is quite interesting, zeramis, and it raises many questions.  Thanks for sharing your experience.
This could mean that, at least in your case and maybe other cases, there is an immunological as well as a neurological part to POIS. 

How many weeks or months have passed since your initial COVID is finished and that you entered "long covid"?
It will be of interest to note if, when your smell comes back ( it usually does after 6 months or so), and that your other neurological symptoms end, if POIS will return.  I wish you that it does not come back.  Keep us updated, zeramis, in the coming months.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

zeramis123

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 01:49:44 PM »
its only been about 3 or 4 weeks since my infection.
My own theories on this are a bit "out there".
Personally I believe or i have suspected that pois has a strong correlation with disorders of the autonomic nervous system.
With the sympathic "dampening" I have and am experiencing i'm finding i have less feelings in general, but also less anxiety and higher verbal fluency.
Brain fog anxiety and lack of verbal fluency along with worry and shame based feelings were at the core of what i experienced during pois.
Generally i would say my verbal fluency and ability to communicate is actually higher than my "norm" even after an orgasm at this point.
I've always suspected pois has a trauma response component, i suffer from early childhood complex trauma symptoms which have also more or less disappeared.

Spartak

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 11:55:58 PM »
That is interesting, my pois is also scientifically weaker since I had Covid 7 months ago.
And also after vaccinations it got a bit weaker as well, strange.
My whole well being also improved after COVID. I also sleep better, had problems to fall asleep before it,  I feel better in general, like kore stable mentally and happier.
Strange disease for sure.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 11:58:03 PM by Spartak »
no sugar diet helps me a tiny bit, also makes my mind much calmer in general. Sugar is definitely something my body does not handle well. Also I noticed that other inflammations like a hangover are better since I quit sugar. I avoid sweet fruits as well.

zeramis123

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2021, 05:14:01 AM »
I'm also sleep better, bizarre. I have a strange sense of detached wellbeing generally since my ability to feel things has started to return, MAY IT LAST XD.
I'll elaborate a little on CPTSD and why i think it's important here.
Complex ptsd is defined, unless i'm mistaken, as a prolonged period of stress/trauma which impacts the nervous system leading to myriad "vague" problems, as opposed to regular ptsd which is a short burst of severe trauma which imprints the nervous system heavily and severely over a short time. The analogy that comes to mind is the difference is your brain being pressed in with a clamp in cptsd and hit with a hammer in ptsd.
There is no actual difference between the two in reality, however the symptoms express themselves quite differently.
They both however respond to triggers that are reminiscent or are EXPERIENCED to be reminiscent of the original wound, the sympathetic nervous system is heavily involved as far as I know.
My emotional dysregulation problems due to CPTSD have been dampened significantly along with the POIS.
The nervous system is at the core of your being, and the sensory inputs make up the experience of being alive.
The way i personally look at supplementation or taking meds of any kind is that at their core they are modulating the nervous system.
My intuition is that disorders of sympathetic and parasympathic balance are at the very root of at least my form of POIS, I've thought this for a while and I would argue possibly every form due to my views on biology.
Dietary and non dietary inflammatory factors, poor posture and nerve signalling due to muscular imbalance or suboptimal bone structures and compensatory muscular distortion, purely genetic problems, epigenetic influences and psychological trauma. We are an integrated whole system.

I'm not sure any of this stuff will make sense to anyone, there's always a possibility i'm just talking nonsense XD.
The only thing i'm quite sure of is covid does something to the nervous system.

Good luck and if anyone wants to discusss anything i mentioned please reply and ill get back i've spent years researching, however Im aware of how little i really know compared to some on these forums.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 05:50:40 AM by zeramis123 »

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2021, 06:49:16 AM »
In 2020 February I caught some sort of cold after walking back home from school without enough neck cover and had lots of coughing, mucus and I had a nocturnal emission the next night and interestingly I slept very deep for 10 hours in a row without waking up a single time during that night and woke up completely POIS free, at first I just noticed that suddenly my mind seemed to work better and stuff was easier to comprehend and there was not this dull fuzzy dream-like feeling in my head that I otherwise have very bad in POIS but even on abstinence no matter the length of abstinence it still remains like 40%

Then I tried to have 2 conscious orgasms/ejaculations and I had zero difference - that weird POIS cascade activation feeling just did not kick in and activate AT ALL

The orgasm and masturbation felt more pleasurable than when my POIS is trigger-able and in this middle deeper area part of my penis I felt pleasure to more intensity than during the times when my POIS is activate-able

When I healed and had not orgasmed in a healed state yet I still seemed to have had 60% of POISfree state remain although I could feel a bit of symptoms coming back on their own once I healed without having even orgasmed yet in a healed state but once I did orgasm POIS came back full force and interestingly I had less of that deep pleasure sensation in the middle area part of my penis, yet just a day ago before that I could have 2 completely POISfree orgasms

It is clear there is some neuro-immune dysregulation that being sick with something or any other form of immunostimulation can fix temporarily

zeramis123

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2021, 07:48:41 AM »
Very interesting. I'd like to touch upon something you mentioned that evoked thoughts i had previously explored. I believe that us, with this similar pois type are somehow in a constant state of mild pois even during abstinence. central nervous dysfunction due to alterations in immune function are also my best guess. On a side note, i used to be a heroin addict which apparently effects the th1 to th2 ratio and i was pois free then.

Prospero

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2021, 08:11:02 AM »
Very interesting. I'd like to touch upon something you mentioned that evoked thoughts i had previously explored. I believe that us, with this similar pois type are somehow in a constant state of mild pois even during abstinence. central nervous dysfunction due to alterations in immune function are also my best guess. On a side note, i used to be a heroin addict which apparently effects the th1 to th2 ratio and i was pois free then.
Huh, heroin addict? Opioid withdrawal, opioid receptors dysregulation and endorphin secretion anomalies have been much discussed here since the Chinese paper from 2015 (Jiang & al.). Was it before you developped POIS, or after?
Opioids like tramadol and codeine have been succesfully tried by some people (like me) as a post-orgasmic medication to relieve POIS symptoms. (Just as an experience though, as for me I want to avoid chronic opioid use.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 08:16:00 AM by Prospero »

zeramis123

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2021, 09:00:11 AM »
at one point during my research i was very interested in trying low dose naltrexone but cant get my hands on it.
I had pois before my opiate addiction.

Wave

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2021, 10:44:43 PM »
Do you mind if I ask which Lion?s Mane supplement you?ve been using? I?m going through a similar experience?

Are you still POIS free?

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2022, 10:35:03 AM »
Interestingly i can orgasm freely without ANY pois symptoms.

Orgasmed yesterday on the 5th (confirmed) day of my covid infection. So probably on 7-9th day of infection.
Feel remarkably good today (except for covid sore throat and snotty nose).

So there is something to it...  :P

certainlypois2

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2022, 01:20:12 PM »
Best recovery from Pois and best sleep in ages during Covid. I kinda want to get covid again  :).

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2022, 06:54:37 PM »
Best recovery from Pois and best sleep in ages during Covid. I kinda want to get covid again  :).
CP2 ;D
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2022, 11:25:29 PM »

CP2 ;D
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2022, 12:40:57 PM »
I think I also experienced something similar, although I wouldn't go so far to claim that covid made POIS better. I took a lot of POIS medication during both covid cases, so I would rather attribute my better mood to that. However as I recall with lavender tea I specifically noticed that it had a much better anti-depressive effect during the infection and later felt a little disappointed when tried it out of the infection and seemed less effective than expected. For a day I also felt better from the vaccinations, but I have no idea why it was so.
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2022, 04:18:13 PM »
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 04:24:56 PM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2022, 04:20:32 AM »
One poiser get pois from covid, odher worsened from it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/yof00n/pois_symptoms_worse_after_getting_co_vid_anyone/

Imunity shifts? Gut microbiota?
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3688.msg38893#msg38893

An alternative explanation may be that COVID besides inducing may also aggravate senescence. Some newer strains of covid may also have a preference towards the infection of the reproductive system contrary to the respiratory system. The pro-inflammatory environment created by senescence can also force shifts in the residing microbiome, which themselves may conserve the new temporal balance.
Regardless of the actual mechanism post-covid sufferers will likely benefit from the same treatments as ourselves and CFS people have been using with some success.
One such example could be ViraCon, but probably many more can be found with thorough seeking.
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/blog-articles/random-thoughts-update-on-impressive-covid-improvement-and-the-viracon-i-posted-about-previously-in-oct-30-covid-blog.3207/
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.