Author Topic: Warrior's Journal (My POIS Solution, Experiments, & Theories)  (Read 24604 times)

Warrior

Re: Warrior's Journal (My POIS Solution, Experiments, & Theories)
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2022, 02:58:31 AM »
animal-based diet effect on POIS

Congrats!
So far, I also think Paul Saladino's recent diet (meat+organ meat+fruit+A2 (raw?)dairy+honey) sounds very good.
I bought the dessicated organ pills mentioned somewhere above and I'm very happy with the energy they give me.
Yep, to me it makes a lot of sense and I honestly just feel like vegetables make my POIS worst (I think thats because I have a leaky gut and hence will be sensitive to a tonne of foods).

Right now I basically follow an animal-based diet with AIP spices/herbs to flavour things up, while going heavy on bone broths and fermented veggies (which is foundational in the GAPS diet). My goal is to reverse all of my symptoms completely and to reverse food sensitivities.

Warrior

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2022, 09:55:50 PM »
Noticed lately that my energy levels following releases are still very inferior to when I abstain (even when using my POIS solution). I haven't experienced extreme fatigue for years now (due to POIS solution) but it is still noticeable.

So I've been experimenting with iodine, about 150mcg and have found it has definitely improved my energy levels in POIS state. Will be adding it to my stack. Still playing around with dosages. I initially took 1000mcg from LifeExtension but found that was way too high. Taking around 100-150mcg seems to do well.

Need to be careful when taking iodine. Lots of good info on the web with the nuances associated with taking iodine. Can cause issues (like anything) if taken irresponsibly.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 10:24:34 PM by warrioronthetrot »

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2022, 03:29:37 AM »
Do you not use iodized salt?

Warrior

« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2022, 04:05:03 AM »
Do you not use iodized salt?
No I don't, but it's probably a better idea than supplementing so I will get some next time haha

berlin1984

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2022, 05:30:13 AM »
I like those seaweed chips: https://www.google.com/search?q=tao+kae+noi

(yeah, probably unhealthy because of the other ingredients there, but i only eat it from time to time and i'm hoping it has iodine :) I also sometimes eat sushi...)

Warrior

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2022, 02:35:56 AM »
Reintroduced eggs recently and they've honestly been amazing for my POIS recovery. I basically feel like I've been abstaining for weeks (in terms of energy, confidence, etc) after a day or two post release (taken along with raw garlic, fenugreek, and animal-based/gaps diet). Without them, I still feel POIS-free, but do feel a lot more drained (especially in energy).

They are a nutrition powerhouse.

It may also explain why I prefer Natures Own 150 B Forte over other popular active B-complexes. The one that I take has choline/inositol in it. I think the choline may be whats having a significant impact (both in the Natures Own B complex & in eggs).

Edit:
Animal-based diet without eggs is not as effective as a perfect health diet with eggs. However I wonder what would happen if I did an animal-based diet with eggs? The thing in question is whether I am sensitive to veggies/other plant foods that the PHD includes.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 12:45:23 AM by Warrior »

Warrior

« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2022, 12:38:59 AM »
I have some very interesting results to share.

I did a CBC after 11 days of abstinence. Right after the test was done, in the evening, I released twice. In the morning, I went to do another CBC. (Ordered both tests privately).

For many years I have had low neutrophils.

In the first CBC, my neutrophil count was 3.6. In the second CBC, taken the morning after 2 releases, my neutrophils were 2.1. This change literally happened in under 24 hours. I am currently not sick at all. This sudden and significant change in neutrophils are most likely caused by POIS.

Going to bring this experiment & result up with my functional med doc next time I see him.

Here are the results:

22/12/2022 2:50pm
https://gyazo.com/636415511d8fb29b7dac4104a63b3f48
Neutrophils 3.6

23/12/2022 8am
https://gyazo.com/abda0a1a284d88c8917f2d7d2fcc00ab
Neutrophils 2.1

I also have many blood tests dating back to 2020 with consistently low neutrophils, always around 1.8. I believe that my POIS solution has reduced the time my body is in the POIS state, and therefore gives my body a greater chance to get neutrophil ranges back to normal (hence 3.6 result after 11 days of abstience).

Also, the display of results between both days are different because I went to different pathologists (one I normally go to was closed).

« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 01:03:24 AM by warrioronthetrot »

Warrior

« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2023, 01:59:49 AM »
Experimenting with "Perfect Health Diet (PHD)". The most successful diet so far for my POIS has been an animal-based diet. There is no doubt in my mind that gluten makes my POIS chronic. What is uncertain though are all the foods in between - how sensitive am I really to rice, potatoes, nuts, etc. PHD emphasizes animal foods, vegetables, nuts, and safe starches like white potatoes and white rice. It does not eat other grains, legumes, vegetable oils, and processed foods. The tough thing when trying to compare diets are all the different possible variables. Did I feel worst on an AIP because it wasn't as sunny and I didn't eat as many animal foods compared to when I follow an animal-based diet, or did I feel worst because I was actually sensitive to the vegetables? Hopefully PHD can potentially answer this. Lots of animal products, starches, nuts, and vegetables.

Link to their website: https://perfecthealthdiet.com/the-diet/

Warrior

« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2023, 03:08:17 PM »
Currently getting a lot of testing done at the request of my functional medicine guy. Our goal is to rule out autoimmunity or histamine as the root cause of my POIS. These are the results I've got back for an RA panel:

I recently got this done at the request of the functional medicine guy I am working with. I also ejaculated twice 12 hours before doing the test so I primed my body to be in a POIS state. We got the RA panel done in the attempt to rule out autoimmunity.

ANA: < 160 (ref range: < 160)
RF: < 14 (ref range: < 14)
CCP: < 5 (ref range: < 5)
ESR: 2 mm/h (ref range: < 11)
Uric acid: 0.32 mmol/L (ref range: 0.18-0.47)
CRP: < 0.7 mg/L (ref range: 3.0)
25-hydroxy Vitamin D: 104 nmol/L (ref range: < 50 nmol/L deficiency, < 20 nmol/L severe deficiency)
I am currently waiting on the result of 1,25 Vitamin D (according to my functional medicine guy, a different type of vitamin D that can be useful to potentially diagnose autoimmunity when you take into account the ratio between the two types).

Keep in mind my POIS symptoms are considerably low nowadays. I continue to get body aches (most significant in first hour or two), relatively low energy for a day or two, and slight mood changes (most significant in first hour or two, clears up after a good sleep). My symptoms also seem to be correlated with plant foods I eat so I currently abide by a strict diet to keep this at bay. It would have been interesting to get these tests done when my symptoms were at their peak years ago (chronic fatigue, chronic anxiety, chronic brainfog).

The only marker I've been able to see a direct correlation with my POIS is neutrophils. They drop immediately after experiencing POIS (and must take a bit of time to return to normal). I've tested this now multiple times with different blood tests.

I am also going to get tested for the HLA DR gene, which I believe can indicate vulnerability to autoimmune diseases.
According to my functional medicine guy, gluten can also effect histamine-related conditions. So nowadays I am much more open to the histamine theory in relation to my POIS. I also did a DIY sibo test which involves eating a few tablespoons of psillium husk. The idea is that if you severely gas, bloat, etc you probably have sibo - I did not experience any major symptoms. I do not experience many digestive symptoms in general.

An experiment that I am going to do is go on a low histamine diet for 5 days, taking 2g+ quercetin daily, and ejaculate while taking Tagamet 200mg. Then do the complete opposite - go on a high histamine/normal diet for 5 days, don't take any quercetin or tagamet, and ejaculate. Compare results. My functional medicine guy believes that this will give us a good indicator as to whether or not my condition is histamine related.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 03:11:14 PM by warrioronthetrot »

Warrior

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2023, 02:26:13 AM »
Been following a PHD for past few weeks. It simply just doesn't feel as good as when I am 100% animal-based, especially in regard to my POIS. My mood also doesn't seem as good compared to when I am eating animal-based. Seems like I need to take the raw garlic & fenugreek more when I follow anything other than an animal-based diet, whereas on animal-based I notice I hardly need to take the fenugreek and garlic - or I take it once around the initial release, whereas on anything other than AB, I seem to need to take the fenugreek & garlic multiple times. So strange. Anyway, gonna follow an animal-based diet again for the time being. Just a quick update/post for me to review in the future.

One thing is for sure: Waking up with mild tinnitus + having to take the garlic & fenugreek multiple times 8 hrs later or so after releasing (mild symptoms return). These only happen when I've done AIP, PHD, & GF diets.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 03:07:10 AM by Warrior »

Warrior

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2023, 05:15:49 AM »
An update on what my POIS is like nowdays under the following conditions (personal documentation):
All of these releases occurred while I am following an animal-based diet.
Dosed fenugreek, garlic, eggs, and B complex. Toying around with antihistamine (Tagamet) and quercetin, although honestly have not noticed any difference while taking them.

Released once last night & twice this morning/late morning after about a 7-8 day abstinence streak.

Journal entry:
Woke up feeling tired, like my body is sunk into the bed a lot more intensely. Whereas normally I wake up feeling energized. Still had a relatively deep sleep, its just that I wake up feeling more exhausted than usual. This is normal for my POIS.

After releasing twice in the morning around 7am and 11am, definitely felt it throughout the day. Generally fatigued, unmotivated, body aches, mood disturbances - ranges from light to moderate-light, a bit more anxious, etc. These are my primary symptoms nowadays. These generally seem to last a couple of hours, and today I noticed a significant easing up of them around 5-6pm ish (improvements in mood). Usually I will not release in the mornings so I do not need to experience all of this (when I release at night, I generally wake up feeling refreshed, even tho still tired, and easily go about my day after dosing fenugreek, garlic, eggs, and a meal, etc). All of this is normal for my POIS, and I've experienced all of this many times before.

Tomorrow I will wake up feeling generally refreshed, relatively POIS free (although not as good as when I abstain - I still feel better generally speaking when I abstain for a few days at least). My mind will be relatively calm and stress-free, I will have energy to do a relatively physical job, I will still be able to communicate with others feeling relatively grounded and confident, although I certainly am not at my prime. I could not release everyday (nor would I want to anyway, it feels much better when you give it a few days at least), otherwise my fatigue and weakness would be overwhelming to live in any meaningful way. I also feel more socially confident (thriving), grounded, a lot more energetic - significantly more energy, and creative when I abstain. Music sounds a lot better. Life feels like I am on a microdose of mushrooms when I abstain, thats how I would describe it. Whereas when I release frequently (along with my POIS solution), life becomes harsher, my body and mind are weaker, joint pain, more tired, more insecure and anxious, etc. Compared to what my symptoms used to be - immensely chronic fatigue, anxiety, and brainfog for days on end, it is still a significant improvement from that place. Lots of nuance here in describing symptoms and experiences.

Edit (the next day): I dosed another fenugreek & garlic before bed last night. Which makes it 3x garlic & fenugreek dose in 1 day. Once in the morning, once around 12pm, and once around 7pm. Felt like it the 3rd one (before bed) was necessary. Woke up feeling fine, zero tinitus. Tired and generally hungry. (Woke up at 5:40 as I had to go to work). I took another fenugreek & garlic in the morning, along with 3 eggs, 1 mango, and 1 B complex. Ate 2 bananas and some medjool dates for 10am lunch. Mind was relatively stable all day, calm, etc. Not as confident and grounded as I would be if I abstained completely and reached those thriving levels, but still confident enough to feel relatively secure. Music still sounded good on the way home, but not as good as it does when I abstain lol. Writing this edit at 3pm the next day, and right now feeling relatively good. I still think animal-based (diet I am on now at the time of writing) seems to handle my POIS episodes the best. I would say that by the time this morning rolled around, especially after taking another dose of garlic, fenugreek, eggs, B-complex, breakfast, etc my body had for the most part recovered fully from mental POIS symptoms, where my state of consciousness and experience is what is described below in the frequent releases section.

5:44pm at time of this edit: after a physical day of work (I work in a warehouse), ive eaten a steak, mango, some raw cheese, some raw milk with colostrum, some grapes, and about to whip up some white rice. I haven't eaten too much white rice in the past few days, but ive observed zero negative effect when eating it in the past. will be eating 2+ cups of it tonight, so will write down how im feeling tomorrow as well (day 2 of post-release). so far, i am still feeling good, clear, happy, etc. It's sometimes hard to describe the nuances in how I feel, but im doing my best so I can compare it to how I feel during my POIS episodes when eating more foods outside of an animal-based diet.

6:22pm edit: even at the time of writing this edit, i dont really feel much need to dose another fenugreek & garlic. I will tomrorow morning obviously, but i would be willing to bet that if i was on a diet that eats more plant foods (ie. phd, vegetables, etc) i would feel like i need to redose up as light POIS symptoms have resurfaced. it wouldnt hurt to redose now, but its more the fact that plant foods in general seem more inflammatory for my condition.

2day post release (25th 1:14pm): woke up with slight very tiny amount of tinnitus (probably not significant enough to even mention, but i will mention as a tiny tiny tiny amount was there, probably to be expected), took garlic & fenugreek as usual along with eggs, B complex etc. Felt good today, also had another meal of rice in the morning and felt good all day. Did not notice any negative effects from eating white rice. Mood has been good all day.

2day post release (25th 6:55pm): do kind of feel like another dose of fenugreek & garlic would be useful. Ate lots of white rice today in addition to animal-based
2day post release (25th 7:27pm): took fenugreek & garlic and feel a lot better. Felt POIS residue arising all afternoon- subtle but noticeable. Feeling a lot better. Also had a big bowel of rice with banana and milk in the morning for breakfast. White rice in morning is most likely what set it off (apart from POIS itself obvz)

I'm going to describe the difference between how I feel when I abstain & how I feel when I release frequently, while eating an animal-based diet:

Abstinence (after 1+ day, peaks around 7-14 days. red meat & eggs send me here):
- Very high levels of physical energy
- Endless passion for the world
- Music sounds incredible
- Experience of life and emotions feel are lot deeper and vivid, as if I am on a microdose of psychedelic mushrooms
- Very grounded
- Naturally more confident and calm
- Lots of energy which makes it easier to talk endlessly
- Hot feet
- Sometimes all the energy builds up into stress (failure to transmute sexual energy)
- Deeper levels of love
- Life feels easier, more effortless
- Fluctuations in mood still, but baseline lows are higher than what they would be when releasing frequently. And ofc, baseline highs are way higher than what they would be when releasing frequently.
- Thriving levels of self-confidence. To rank it out of 10: 8.5+ (a strong base to continue develop self-confidence through cold approach)
- Thriving in general & overall
- Sometimes too intense, which is why transmutation practices are necessary. The need to burn off excess energy is real.

POIS (2 hrs - 24 hrs, as long as red meat & eggs are consumed):
- Low to moderate levels of physical energy (lowest in first days post-release)
- Calm but tired, non-stressed
- Mentally ambitious, but not as much energy or drive to go after it
- Music sounds good, but certainly not incredible
- Life in general feels a lot more dull, and emotions are relatively more numb (not completely numb, but certainly more numb when compared to abstaining)
- Still grounded, but not as grounded when abstaining
- Life feels harsher, more difficult
- Still relatively social, witty, etc. Not thriving levels of self-confidence that I experience when abstaining tho. To rank it out of 10: 7. Today for example, still social/confident/grounded enough for small talk with strangers while doing my grocery shopping.'
- Easily fall asleep at night
- Joints and legs feel significantly weaker
- Back is generally more inflamed during this period

Immediately post-release (0-6 hrs):
- Mood disturbances i.e., generally more anxious, but nothing crazy
- Minor body aches all over in random places
- Fatigued, basically feel like not doing anything physical
- Still grounded, but generally less so than what is described in the frequent releases section
- Moderate anhedonia

EDIT: RED MEAT & EGGS basically recover me back into the "thriving"/"abstinent" state very quickly, something I did not realize at the time of recording all of these symptoms.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 10:04:03 PM by Warrior »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2023, 07:10:18 PM »
You could consider exploring neutrophil attracting molecules if they are available at labs near you.

Warrior

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2023, 02:55:10 AM »
Just recently found this supplement: https://au.iherb.com/pr/allimax-100-allicin-powder-capsules-180-mg-30-vegetarian-capsules/3418

Apparently its a higher-quality supplement for garlic/allicin. My experiments in the past showed me that garlic oil supplements were definitely inferior to taking raw garlic. Would be interesting to see how this would hold up - would make it incredibly convenient for nights out, etc. Probs would reserve it for situations that call for convenience, as it would be a lot more expensive than buying actual garlic.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 02:59:05 AM by Warrior »

Warrior

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2023, 03:53:25 AM »
Just completed a histamine experiment at the request of my functional medicine guy.

For 3 days:
2g Quercetin/day
Stay off all high histamine foods i.e. fermented veggies, kefir, aged meats, etc.
On day of release, take tagamet 200mg.
Released twice 17/02/23. Took tagament about a 2 hours before releases.

Essentially been following a gluten-free JERF diet including gluten-free oats.

Too early to tell at the time of writing this. My immediate post-o symptoms seemed very mild. I've always associated plant foods with post-o symptom intensity, but perhaps it is histamine related. I have taken the garlic & fenugreek early this morning (like I do daily now), so that could be having a positive effect, but that was approx 10.5 hours ago after a super active day at work. Also I had been abstaining for a few weeks, hence why I chose to release twice just to double check triggering of symptoms.

Again, probably still too early to draw conclusions + so many variables at play with POIS that can effect intensity including nutrition, arousal level, garlic & fenugreek, sunlight/vit d levels, days since last release, etc - so would ideally repeat experiment a few times.

Next day edit: mental symptoms definitely seem a bit more lessened, although I do admit it’s difficult to tell. Physical symptoms definitely seem about the same - physically drained. Note to self - this was the day i visited a friends pool & was clearly mentally drained / experiencing mental symptoms of social anhedonia. Then next day I remembered about power of eggs & meat, released once & noticed significant improvement straight away.

Edit 27/2/22: just released, after having milk kefir, red meat (most likely aged), zero Quercetin (apart from natural form from fruits consumed throughout the day) or Tagamet ingested (none consumed over past week). I also ate red meat & eggs 1-2 hrs before release which I believe carry powerful synergistic nutrients that directly improve POIS.

Interestingly, little to no body aches & tensions this time. Significantly less, despite having a higher histamine load. I intuit it is due to the nutrients from the red meat & eggs. I also don’t feel as physically drained, altho ofc I def feel the effects from releasing / the immediate POIS symptoms - feeling a bit off, body feels tense esp. face, moderate mood disturbances. Mental symptoms maybe feel a bit worst, but honestly it’s all too hard to tell. It wasn't a sunny day today & I worked in a warehouse all day, which is certainly going to effect my overall mood for the day compared to a bright sunny day. The only significant difference I feel is that my body aches & tensions do not feel as intense with this release. With that being said, the last time I did release was many days ago now - I think 4-5 days ago, so not sure if that would have an effect on the aches.

Overall, it is incredibly difficult to tell if there is any differences in symptoms when on the low histamine experiment vs high histamine experiment. Body aches & tensions didnt feel as intense on the high histamine experiment (still experiencing some), most likely because I ingested the red meat & eggs 1-2 hrs before releasing, priming the body with nutrients. Mood & energy symptoms feel about the same (mood disturbances, body is clearly going through an inflammatory event, tired/drained - maybe not as severe on the high histamine exp. due to red meat & eggs). Ive now tested quercetin & tagamet a few times, particularly the quercetin, and i havent really seen any improvements in symptoms. I also hven't really seen any tangible correlation in symptoms with histamine foods. Ironically, red meat (which is supposed to be aged) improves my symptoms significantly (i believe due to its synergistic nutrients along with eggs). Also after the histamine experiment was done, I was clearly experiencing social anhedonia the next day (even while maintaining low histamine for 1 extra day as part of experiment). Red meat & eggs have a profound positive improvement on these symptoms, where I do not experience social anhedonia when I red meat & eggs. Red meat technically should be high in histamine because it’s aged. It’s unlikely my issue is histamine related. I’ve also never noticed any differences in how I feel after eating high histamine meals, if anything, I tend to feel better ie. red meat or kefir.

Will update with how I'm feeling the next day.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 07:29:55 PM by Warrior »

Warrior

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2023, 04:42:38 AM »
I believe I have made a significant breakthrough in my POIS recovery.

COMBINING RED MEAT & EGGS
Only works if on an animal-based or perfect health diet. Animal-based is better. Red meat & eggs effectiveness stops working when eating lots of plant foods (normal diet or even gluten free whole grains, legumes, etc)

19/02/23 Food Diary:
Breaky:
- big bowel of wholegrain oats with raw milk (cold pressed raw milk)
- 3 eggs
- approx 200g of beef mince, carrots, and onions sauted with extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and parsley flakes
- 1 cup of home-made coffee with honey & cold pressed raw milk

Lunch snack:
- 2 bananas
- handful of walnuts

Late lunch coffee:
- 1 cafe flat white on reg full cream milk

Early evening snack:
- 2 plums

Dinner:
- another decent serving size of beef mince dish made this morning
- 2 eggs
- fruit smoothie with 2 bananas, handful of mixed fruit (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, & raspberries), and small handful of walnuts

I believe that red meat & eggs are a potent combination for restoring my body back to its non-POIS state and into the thriving state that would normally only be achieved through abstience (3-9+ days). I have recorded what I have eaten today incase other foods are responsible for a recognizable shift in recovery.

Yesterday I released once at night-time, and day before released twice at night-time for histamine experiment. Today I was noticably depleted and abiding in what I call a depleted POIS state. My experience comprises of the symptoms described in "frequent releases" part of https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3964.msg46195#msg46195. Today in the late afternoon/early evening, I experienced a distinct shift into a state that I only seemingly experience after 3-6+ days of abstience, experience is described in "abstience" part of https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3964.msg46195#msg46195. I believe the potent combination of eggs & red meat is responsible.

When I added eggs back into my diet after a long exclusion, I noticed an enormous improvement in energy levels & POIS recovery - I was still eating red meat at the time & that wasnt enough for my energy levels. I noticed the exact same phenomena happen with red meat. I excluded red meat (and meat in general really) for a few weeks, mostly due to a histamine experiment (many meats are aged) I was undertaking, and when I reintroduced it, I noticed another significant improvement in energy levels and libido. Just eating eggs on their own don't seem as potent when eating them with red meat, and the same can be said for eating red meat on its own - its a lot better when combining it with eggs.

So, I believe that many who experience improvement in their POIS from eggs, should consider combining it with red meat. I believe the nutrients are significantly synergistic, and play a key role in my POIS recovery. I believe I have now nailed my POIS recovery down to 1 day, where my symptoms on day 1 are still relatively low, described in "frequent releases" part of that post linked earlier.

The big picture lesson here is how important nutrition is for POIS recovery. Ultimately food is medicine. I no longer prescribe to any diet ideology or restrictions apart from gluten-free. Gluten/wheat-free is an absolute must for my POIS. Apart from that, I follow the principle of "just eat real food (JERF)" focusing on quality, variety, and intuitive eating. Red meat & eggs seem to be especially effective for my POIS recovery. Also, there would be many nutrients within the red meat and eggs that rely on other nutrients to work, another reason why JERF / an incredibly nutritious diet is important for POIS recovery.

Edit 27/2/22: another test done eating red meat & eggs. I actually think it also has a positive effect on the immediate POIS symptoms in that 1-2 hour period. Strangely, I am not experiencing as many body aches & tensions (and certainly no where near to the same degree) as I normally do. I ate a decent serving of red meat & 1 egg an hour or two ago (along with some fruit & white rice). I also had 1/3-1/2 cup of milk kefir, and the red meat was ground beef, which is most likely aged here in Australia. In other words, I’ve also had a significant amount of histamine foods and havent really noticed any difference when compared to the low histamine experiment symptoms, except for maybe intensity of body aches (still experiencing some aches/tensions). Will report back to see if that has effected anything.

After approx 2 hours, I feel basically normal with a few aches & moderate tiredness. Just realized something, as I am watching a video on how the geography of Mexico effects population - my dopamine / anhedonia, which would normally follow ejaculation, no longer exist! Red meat & eggs continue to fix this issue. Normally when I released in the past, I could feel my dopamine receptors getting all screwed up, having little ability to find pleasure in anything for at least a moderate period of time.

According to this experience - the power of red meat & eggs, you probably could release in the mornings & be fine within a couple of hours. Altho, you will still most likely be very tired (as i am now) & its better to sleep it off. I honestly feel incredible right now for releasing around 2 hrs ago. I also ate a smoothie with included a handful of walnuts, mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries), and banana, which may be helping. But in a nutshell: mental recovery time is now for the most part - 2 hours, following a gluten-free wholefoods diet (making sure to fill up), and following rest of protocol.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 12:47:48 AM by Warrior »

berlin1984

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2023, 04:29:04 AM »
Did you ever do a gene test? (23andme, Myheritage etc, wherever you get a .txt file with snps that you can run through Promethease)

I'd be curious if you have the same partial biotinidase deficiency as me.

Foods high in biotine

Warrior

« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2023, 11:53:43 PM »
Did you ever do a gene test? (23andme, Myheritage etc, wherever you get a .txt file with snps that you can run through Promethease)

Foods high in biotine

Nah not yet, I will do something like that a bit further down the track when I have the money. Right now I am seeing my functional medicine guy about once every month or so (slow progress), and we're now checking to see if my POIS is viral related. So he has me on reishi, schisandra, lysine, and NAC daily. The genes that I have tested so far are: MTHR (1 mutation from memory), and another one that makes me a bit more vulnerable to mould.

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2023, 02:08:07 AM »

Foods high in biotine

Nah not yet, I will do something like that a bit further down the track when I have the money. Right now I am seeing my functional medicine guy about once every month or so (slow progress), and we're now checking to see if my POIS is viral related. So he has me on reishi, schisandra, lysine, and NAC daily. The genes that I have tested so far are: MTHR (1 mutation from memory), and another one that makes me a bit more vulnerable to mould.

I am not sure about lysine, but the others should be plenty protective for the liver as well. So even if they work, it won’t necessarily prove a viral origin. It is rather sad that I got my second covid infection when I was attempting to test schisandra and I have never got around to test it again since then.
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

berlin1984

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2023, 02:27:03 AM »

FYI: It's only 39 EUR (USD?) right now at MyHeritage and I think they give you the right snp .txt file that you'd need..

Warrior

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2023, 01:43:04 AM »

Foods high in biotine

I am not sure about lysine, but the others should be plenty protective for the liver as well. So even if they work, it won’t necessarily prove a viral origin. It is rather sad that I got my second covid infection when I was attempting to test schisandra and I have never got around to test it again since then.

Not sure exactly which one of the 4, but they definitely delayed POIS onset symptoms. Usually, my symptoms are immediate. Taking those 4 (NAC, schisandra, reishi, & lysine) my POIS was a lot more delayed by an hour or so. I have a feeling it was the NAC.

The NAC also made me feel pretty terrible in general (at times) taking 1.8g+ daily, so I have since paused - like more anxious & anhedonia, very similar to POIS ironically. My functional med guy advices that when taking NAC make sure no holes are blocked (sweating well, pooping, & hydrated, etc). My diet also hasn't been amazing, and NAC is known to increase bodily detox, so it would make sense as to why I was feeling pretty horrible (not eating enough nutrition to support the process + not necessarily sweating, sometimes not hydrated, etc).

I am continuing to take the reishi, schisandra, & lysine daily, seeing where it leads. I've also asked to take a standard urine analysis. Doubt anything will come of it but worth a shot anyway.

POIS is basically no longer an issue for me - it doesn't hold me back at all anymore. My symptoms are quite mild & they clear up relatively quickly over the course of 2 hours & a good nights sleep provided I follow my protocol. My physical energy levels still take quite a big hit though, but this clears up after a day or so, & I can still push myself through normal activities. Red meat & eggs continue to prove themselves as superfoods for POIS recovery. My only motivation in seeing this functional medicine guy is to completely heal the absolute root cause, which I am not even sure is possible.

Has anyone actually completely eliminated ALL symptoms permanently?

It seems most people are only able to experience a reduction in symptoms, which is still amazing, because if you experience a big enough reduction, the idea of POIS being an issue becomes a thing of the past, even though one technically still has it - this is basically the boat I am in.

I am even considering canning my appointments with my functional med guy & just accepting the level my POIS is at - being content with how much it has significantly improved.