Author Topic: POIS Experiment With Tulane University Team  (Read 12943 times)

Quantum

• Administrator
POIS Experiment With Tulane University Team
« on: August 03, 2021, 12:04:08 PM »
Great News!  Dr. Caleb Natale, Urology Resident at Tulane University in New Orleans, LA, is looking for approximately five volunteers in order to do a POIS preliminary basic science experiment. He hopes that these results will guide research to find a possible pathophysiological mechanism behind POIS.

Dr. Natale has been working on POIS studies with Dr. Hellstrom and Dr. Nguyen, from the Tulane University Urology Department, and you may remember that he was involved in the POIS Survey done here with POISCenter in 2019. He is in search of willing participants who would be able to provide samples of seminal fluid for use in this experiment. His clinic is located in New Orleans, LA, so the participants could either provide samples at their facility or Dr. Natale could provide materials for participants to ship back to him if they live within the continental United States.

In this experiment, informed consent forms will be required, as well as some demographic information from the participants. Dr. Natale would also appreciate any relevant medical records that patients would be able to provide.

Dr. Natale understands that ejaculation causes POIS symptoms, but is hoping there might be some members willing to provide samples.  I told him that I was confident that we would find participants here, on POISCenter.
All interested members just have to reply here to this message, or contact in PM either me, Demografx, Limejuice, or Berlin1984, in order to receive Dr. Caleb Natale contact information, and Dr. Natale will come back to you for the continuation.

* Stay assured that if you contact us through private messaging, your application will remain confidential!

This is a great opportunity for us to help with POIS research!  I am sure we have enough members from the continental USA to find 5 participants!

« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 02:32:59 PM by berlin1984 »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!

Great News!  Dr. Caleb Natale…is looking for approximately five volunteers in order to do a POIS preliminary basic science experiment.

Quantum:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 12:43:11 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator

Great News!  Dr. Caleb Natale…is looking for approximately five volunteers in order to do a POIS preliminary basic science experiment.

Quantum, if someone volunteers, do you know if that volunteer would be able to receive their own (private) analysis of what their own semen shows/reveals? Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 06:28:40 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Quantum

• Administrator

Quantum, if someone volunteers, do you know if that volunteer would be able to receive their own (private) analysis of what their own semen shows/reveals? Thanks!
Good question.  I would think so but should be confirmed with Dr.Natale.
I am sure that those who will apply will have the opportunity to receive answers to their questions from Dr.Natale.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator

Great News!  Dr. Caleb Natale, Tulane University…is looking for approximately five volunteers in order to do a POIS preliminary basic science experiment.

Good question.  I would think so but should be confirmed with Dr.Natale.
I am sure that those who will apply will have the opportunity to receive answers to their questions from Dr.Natale.

Hi, Quantum!

Congratulations again! Since this forum began (in 2007), I’ve been waiting for this: a plethora of POIS Research!

If you need a 5th Tulane volunteer, count me in!

But I’d prefer a *younger* POISer to be the 5th volunteer (I’m 75 and
not-all-that-representative-of-the-POISer-population that I’ve seen here in all my 14 years at this forum :) )

Also, in the meantime, Quantum,  if you can please kindly get an answer from Dr. Natale for me (you know him, I don’t) to my above question, that would be great.

Many thanks!
Demo
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 11:35:54 AM by demografx »

Quantum

• Administrator

Hi, Quantum!

Congratulations again! Since 2007, I’ve been waiting for this: a plethora of POIS Research!

If you need a 5th Tulane volunteer, count me in!

But I’d prefer a *younger* POISer to be the 5th volunteer (I’m 75 and
not-all-that-representative-of-the-POISer-population that I’ve seen here in all my 14 years at this forum :) )

Also, in the meantime, Quantum,  if you can please kindly get an answer from Dr. Natale for me (you know him, I don’t) to my above question, that would be great.

Many thanks!
Demo

I have sent your question to Dr.Natale, and will give you his answer as soon as received.

demografx

• Administrator

I have sent your question to Dr.Natale, and will give you his answer as soon as received.

Quantum, thank you very much!

Quantum

• Administrator

Demo, here is Dr.Natale's answer to your question:
"I would not mind sharing the results with him. However, I am looking for some specific markers of immune response, not completing a full semen analysis. I am actually more concerned with the environment surrounding the semen than the actual semen itself.   Thanks"

demografx

• Administrator

Demo, here is Dr.Natale's answer to your question:
"I would not mind sharing the results with him. However, I am looking for some specific markers of immune response, not completing a full semen analysis. I am actually more concerned with the environment surrounding the semen than the actual semen itself.   Thanks"

Wonderful, Quantum.

Thanks again!

VSmasher

• Kratom helps my POIS
I'm in
My POIS Symptoms:  Brain Fog, frustration, stuffed nose, anger, anxiety, intense hunger, low self esteem, swollen face, and feel zoned out.

demografx

• Administrator

Quantum

• Administrator
I'm in
Great, VSmasher, I have just sent you the contact information.

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
Maybe someone could post it to Reddit.
Muon?

https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/

commander_meh

I?d be willing to sign up too if they need another volunteer

demografx

• Administrator

Great!

Quantum

• Administrator
Yes, commander, I am sending you the contact info in PM right away.  Thanks for your involvement!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 11:20:38 AM by Quantum »

rollercoaster

You can count me in, I'm in TX. I am south Asian male in my early 30's.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 09:22:37 AM by rollercoaster »
POIS type 1.  Clusters 1, 3, 4, 7. Other symptoms -
1. Orthostatic Hypotension
2. Sunken eyes
3. PE,ED
4. Mild pain, irritation in groin
5. Redness, heating of ears
6. Pulsating, exploding, swelling and pressure in head & face, esp when bending down, chewing hard
7. Frequent urination and thirst

demografx

• Administrator
Great, rollercoaster!

Quantum

• Administrator
Information sent, rollercoaster, thanks for your involvement!

Spartak

Great news indeed!
Best of luck, if I lived cin US I would participate as well :)
Hope there would be some study in Europe one say :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 05:00:23 AM by Spartak »
no sugar diet helps me a tiny bit, also makes my mind much calmer in general. Sugar is definitely something my body does not handle well. Also I noticed that other inflammations like a hangover are better since I quit sugar. I avoid sweet fruits as well.