Author Topic: Can POIS lead to less cognitive perfomance in long term?  (Read 1437 times)

Bernardo17

Can POIS lead to less cognitive perfomance in long term?
« on: July 15, 2021, 01:19:46 PM »
Hi

I'm Bernardo, 20y, from Portugal and started to feel the POIS symptoms almost 2 years ago.
My symptoms include brain fog, problems with word finding, poor concentration mood disturbances.
The symptoms start 2-3 min after de O and in the day after they get worse, and disappear after 2-3 days.

My question if this can lead to less cognitive perfomance in a long term, if POIS affects only after the orgasm (2days-2weeks) or can be harmful for the brain.

Thank you!

Clues

Re: Can POIS lead to less cognitive perfomance in long term?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 01:54:59 AM »
Hi Bernardo :)

I'm 41 and have had POIS at least since I was 20. In my case it does not feel like permanent cognitive damage has happened.

My POIS symptoms are triggered by more things than just orgasm, and even while abstaining from orgasm, my symptom strength fluctuates constantly. When I'm at peak wellness I function very well cognitively. I can think clearly and articulate properly, and have a very stable mood. I feel "normal".

The only cognitive aspect of my condition which I sometimes suspect might be permanent, is poor long-term memory. My short-term memory seems to fluctuate with the other symptoms. But my long-term memory is consistently abnormally bad. E.g. I remember very little from my childhood and youth especially, and even stuff that happened last year, that my family remembers clearly, is often completely wiped out for me.

This is just my experience, but hopefully it can be encouraging to hear about. :)