Author Topic: My stack (Primrose Oil, Humic acid + Andrographolide + Apogen, Drotaverine)  (Read 2590 times)

yesyesyes

Aviron Rapid - A combo of Humic acid + Andrographolide + Apogen - It's supposed to be anti-viral and boost your immune system. I think it works on the adrenals as well, preventing their wasting that POIS causes (I haven't had lower back pains in a long time). This plus the EP oil and washing have significantly lowered my symptoms. If I take too much or for too long I get rage/anxiety episodes so I just take just 1/2 pill two times on the 1st and once on 2nd post-O days. It's also a mercury chelator (the reason for the rage?). I'm so glad here we get all three in a pill called "Aviron Rapid".

Drotaverine (No-Spa) - a selective inhibitor of phosphodiesterase 4 (PDE4) - sometimes it works better, other times poops up. As I'm underweight I take very low doses, like 1/3 of a pill. I take it at most once a day, otherwise I get weird side effects. No more than 1 or 2 days after O.

Evening Primrose Oil - I take 1 to 4 tablets per day for 2-3 days after O. It's anti-inflammatory.

Optional: Any OTC antihistamine.
Also good for general health: CoQ10, L-theanine, Selenum, Zinc, fish/krill oil - haven't taken any for a while but I have thyroid issues so those are all helpful but didn't significantly helped with POIS specifically.

I try to drink lots of water, avoiding sugar as it releases cortisol AND sometimes I get nocturnal emissions from it lol.

In addition to POIS, I have excessive T, cortisol, insulin 30 min after eating (insulin resistance), T3 and DHEA-S, yet normal TSH and T4. Various allergies plus subclinical hyperthyroidism/Graves disease. I will try to lower my T with herbs for now like lavender, valerian root, hawthorn, peppermint, lemon balm.
Still looking for DHEA and T3 lowering herbs as the pill used to block the thyroid is pure poison, I got terrible side effects. :)
Somehow the adrenals, thyroid and gut are all connected to POIS.

The thing is every time my symptoms react differently. On better days even the Primrose oil is enough, but on the worst ones I need large doses of Aviron Rapid to have energy during the day and some Drotaveine/No-Spa. ;) Another good guideline is *no more than one O per week*. More than that and I need huge doses of the bolded supplements.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 01:06:46 PM by yesyesyes »

yesyesyes

It's strange though that on a severe post-O day the Aviron Rapid (Humic acid/Andrographolide/Apogen) pill seems to be the thing that gives me back my energy. Yet, on a less severe day or a non-Pois one it can make me have panic attacks or rage. Maybe it's too stimulating for the adrenals and POIS depletes them? Chi energy? It's a mystery, but  suspect the adrenals have to do with POIS somehow as I used to get lower back pains after POIS before when I didn't drink enough water.

Anyone who has tried Primrose oil, Drotaveine, Humic acid, Andrographolide or Apogen?
I think trying each one (Humic acid, Andrographolide or Apogen) separately would be good, to see which one's the one that makes the difference for POIS/depleted adrenals.

Also a warning from my experience: even if you have weak adrenals like me don't fall for Ashwaganda peddling. It was too stimulated, made me feel panic attacks and I suspect it made me go from hypothyroid to hyperthyroid, which is much harder to control as the anti-thyroid drug is pure poison. Other useless stuff are SАМе (S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine), 5-HTP and SJW - too many side effects, no benefits whatsoever. I have normal serotonin levels.
---------------------------
More about those supps:

Andrographolide has been studied for its effects on cell signaling, immunomodulation, and stroke. Study has shown that andrographolide may bind to a spectrum of protein targets including NF-κB and actin by covalent modification.

Apogen? is a patented protein extracted from Spirulina that contains active compound including Allophycocyanin(APC), C-phycocyanin(CPC), spirulina growth factor, sulfated polysaccharide, peptide, nucleic acid, amino acids and trace elements. Apogen? has been scientifically tested and proven to support immune system during immune challenge. It protects you against a wide range of viral infections.

Humic acid derives from the word ?humus,? which refers to organic matter that makes up compost, soil and other biological substances. Humus is the biodegradation of dead organic matter, primarily decomposed plant and animal residue.

It is not a single acid. Instead, it is a complex mix of different acids containing carboxyl and phenoloate groups, and is among the most bio-chemically active materials. As a supplement it acts as an antioxidant and detoxifier. Other studies have found that humic acid can regulate a body?s immune cells to keep them from attacking healthy cells as can happen during radiation therapy. Researchers also state humic acid acts as an anti-viral agent.

Evening primrose oil extracted from plant seeds is usually sold in capsules. The supplement contains the fatty acid gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). Current research does not show primrose oil to be helpful in eczema or atopic dermatitis. And some studies suggest that supplements that contain gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), including evening primrose oil, may be of some benefit to people with rheumatoid arthritis. But more research is needed before it could be recommended. - the usual stufff they say for plant substances "not enough research, go buy a prescribed medication", duh!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 01:55:40 PM by yesyesyes »

yesyesyes

Re: My stack (Primrose Oil, Humic acid + Andrographolide + Apogen, Drotaverine)
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 01:15:18 PM »
Update: I dropped the Drotaverine as it has weird side effects like brain zaps.
Mostly on Evening Primrose Oil now but I have to get Aviron Rapid, they work better together. :)