Poll

Have you been diagnosed with an enlarged prostate aka BPH?

Yes and I take medication for it
Yes and I had surgery for it
Yes I had surgery and still take medication for it
No, but I have been tested for it
No, never been tested
No, Never tested but I suspect I have it
Yes, but was offered no treatment or opted for no treatment

Author Topic: How many have been diagnosed with an Enlarged Prostate or BPH?  (Read 2583 times)

Disaster

If we can find guys who have this then it may help us with a theory some of us are working on.
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.

Clues

Re: How many have been diagnosed with an Enlarged Prostate or BPH?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 01:23:17 AM »
Hey. I have urination problems (that correlate with POIS symptoms) and I had my prostate checked at one point, maybe two years ago or so. The doc said the prostate was somewhat enlarged, but didn't offer any treatment for it. I guess it was roughly within the norm.

certainlypois2

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 01:05:41 AM »
Hey. I have urination problems (that correlate with POIS symptoms) and I had my prostate checked at one point, maybe two years ago or so. The doc said the prostate was somewhat enlarged, but didn't offer any treatment for it. I guess it was roughly within the norm.
What are your urination problems, I also have urination problems. I have to get up like 50 billion times at night. If I rub my testicles, I get the need to Pee.

Clues

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 01:45:47 AM »
What are your urination problems, I also have urination problems. I have to get up like 50 billion times at night. If I rub my testicles, I get the need to Pee.

I have to pee more often than normal. When I'm symptomatic (not just after orgasm, see my trigger list in my case report linked below), I often feel like I have to pee, but nothing comes out at first. It feels like there is pee in the bladder but that something is blocking it. It'll trickle for a bit, then I wait, and then some more comes, etc.

Two things that help for me:
  • Drinking a solid amount of water throughout the day.
  • Distracting my mind when I'm trying to pee. I often get caught in a stress loop, especially when symptomatic, where my mind is churning with random worries or obsessions. If I manage to think of something abstract with no beginning or end, e.g. a fractal pattern, the pee flows much more easily. So there is definitely a cognitive aspect to this issue for me.

EDIT: Btw, the thing you mentioned about having to pee after rubbing your testicles is super interesting. I did something similar where I had some unusual sensory input and suddenly felt an urgent need to pee, but I can't remember what the trigger was.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 02:19:17 AM by Clues »

Disaster

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 08:50:04 PM »
I am disappointed at the extremely low amount of people who took this poll so far. Not going to help us get answers if guys are not active here. I will also poll in the facebook group and add the results up.

I did this poll as a continuation to the Castration post where we are discussing how all 3 organs the testicles, prostate and seminal vesicles may be involved. If we can find people who had prostate reductions, too BPH medications or the like then we might get so e answers with that organ at least.

Completely unrelated I al having urination problems lately and I will make a post about it.. 
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.

Clues

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2021, 12:57:51 AM »
Disaster, personally I didn't take the poll because it's missing an option: Diagnosed with somewhat enlarged prostate but not offered any treatment.

Disaster

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2021, 12:09:59 PM »
Disaster, personally I didn't take the poll because it's missing an option: Diagnosed with somewhat enlarged prostate but not offered any treatment.

add that option for ya 😉

Disaster

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 01:52:47 AM »
If you answered Yes and you take medication or had surgery, did it lessen your semen and help your POIS at all?

VSmasher

• Kratom helps my POIS
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 05:07:41 AM »
I have symptoms of enlarged prostate. But no diagnosis. I'm afraid of doctors..
My POIS Symptoms:  Brain Fog, frustration, stuffed nose, anger, anxiety, intense hunger, low self esteem, swollen face, and feel zoned out.

mike_sweden

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2021, 12:07:23 PM »
i have had two different doctors feel my prostate, and not had any reaction, however not in pois mode, which had been more interesting obviously

we should only go to the doctor IN pois mode