Author Topic: Breathing issues with POIS  (Read 2916 times)

Kit

Re: Breathing issues with POIS
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2021, 12:27:00 PM »
Hey aswinpras06,

Of course!

Kit

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2021, 05:07:46 PM »
Hi Iwillbeatthis,

Are you also using Usnea to treat a breathing issue?

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2021, 06:18:49 AM »
Hi Iwillbeatthis,

Are you also using Usnea to treat a breathing issue?

No I'm not but I've seen in multiple places is good for respiratory illness.

"Usnea has a specific affinity for the lungs. It assists in respiratory infections and illness acting as a herbal antibiotic."

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2021, 08:13:30 AM »
Cross-posted from Testosterone thread.

Sleep study last night. As expected (this was my 2nd study), I showed severe sleep apnea

Improved POIS symptom relief (took regular dose of 6mg testosterone & Tylenol PM - - includes 50mg Benadryl - - right before study)

Slept better than in YEARS. Mood lifted. Chronic fatigue lifted as well.

Resisted mask wearing for years. Now ready to wear it!!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

mike_sweden

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2021, 11:30:47 AM »
i recently moved to other town in sweden and another apartment, this very much reduced my clogged nose problems

Kit

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2021, 11:31:05 AM »
@Mike_sweden I believe you! Strangely, I was able to “unblock” whatever was blocking my airways during POIS at night on bed, by rubbing my top and middle knuckles gently and firmly, up and down or in circles on the top of my head. Maybe I activated a nerve? I only tried it once and I don’t know if it will work again.

P.s. I felt the unblock on the left side of my chest, in between my left pec and sternum.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 11:50:44 AM by Kit »

Kit

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2021, 03:23:46 PM »
Masks can definitely make me worse. I needed the vaccines to stop the use of wearing a mask in public places. But I also feel that the vaccines made me worse. It is tough. But yeah, wearing a mask on for too long can definitely bring in a “difficulty breathing” episode. I try to stay away from wearing a mask for too long because I am already sick and I think you guys should too, especially those who have issues with breathing. But regardless of wether you guys are vaccinated or not, I still think it is important too practice social distancing.

Sometimes, I am so focused on this entity called POIS, I sometimes do not realize that something as simple as wearing a mask less often can help with my breathing issues. Maybe this is my own personal problem, but I just wanted to share this with everyone.

Take care everyone!

Journey

• INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2021, 04:40:46 AM »
Masks can definitely make me worse. I needed the vaccines to stop the use of wearing a mask in public places. But I also feel that the vaccines made me worse. It is tough. But yeah, wearing a mask on for too long can definitely bring in a “difficulty breathing” episode. I try to stay away from wearing a mask for too long because I am already sick and I think you guys should too, especially those who have issues with breathing. But regardless of wether you guys are vaccinated or not, I still think it is important too practice social distancing.

Sometimes, I am so focused on this entity called POIS, I sometimes do not realize that something as simple as wearing a mask less often can help with my breathing issues. Maybe this is my own personal problem, but I just wanted to share this with everyone.

Take care everyone!
Start doing Buteyko breathing

Kit

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2021, 11:01:30 PM »
Hi Journey, I have tried before, but I can revisit.

mike_sweden

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2021, 10:48:01 AM »
after having moves from one city to another my constipated nose problem is completely gone, something to consider as a clue.

think it was dust and mold in old apartment.

Kit

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2021, 11:29:25 AM »
Nice, Mike!

mike_sweden

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2021, 09:53:16 AM »
Nice, Mike!

it is a big relief :-)

mike_sweden

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2021, 03:48:21 AM »
investigate allergies, i had a checkup a week ago and they found mite and timothy allergy, that means also cross allergies against similar proteins found in tomatoes and nuts and so on