Author Topic: San Diego Sexual Medicine's POIS Research / Kit's Case  (Read 3233 times)

Kit

Re: San Diego Sexual Medicine's POIS Research / Kit' Case
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2021, 11:08:29 PM »
@Kit: I used codeine because I had a bad experience the second time I took Tramadol (seemingly serotonin symptoms). However I don't take codeine often (I did so only two times, in fact), because I somewhat fear tolerance in the long run, and also because it causes me constipation (like all opioids) while I'm already constipated ordinarily. So most of the time I only take Paracetamol after O. (My trials with both Tramadol and codeine were with brands associating them with Paracetamol; Paracetamol alone is already rather efficient [50 to 80% symptoms reduction], but not as much as with opioids [100%].)
Hi Prospero, sorry for the very late reply. I’m glad to hear you at least found something that has given you 100% relief and it is unfortunate that is not something that could be used in the long run, but I think that was for the best. Yes I do believe that Paracetamol is pro-cannibinoid. In the past couple months, I tried Tylenol 500mg and 1,000mg within 1-2 minutes after O, and I did not feel a significant change in my POIS symptoms. I took the Tylenol a little bit before bedtime, and I woke up feeling the same as if I had not taken anything. (brain fog, foggy feeling in the head, lightheadness muscle weakness etc.) I will keep experimenting with other relief methods and report here.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 05:56:51 PM by Kit »

Mr Raba

Re: San Diego Sexual Medicine’s POIS Research / Kit’s Case
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2021, 09:42:41 AM »
My personal belief after years of learning and experimenting is as follows. Note that this is a model I work. Just that. But it is based on scientific studies piecewise. That is many of the pieces are proven. The model I present is very simplified and not novel.

I believe that the enzymes my body needs to form effective skin, small intestine, and many other tissues that form barriers are being used up to create an alternative path for energy production. The key one being Glutamine. Many studies have shown that people with CFS (which I had simultaneous onset with POIS at age 27) cannibalize muscle to get to this enzymes and others.

When I take Glutamine for example  I feel my body shift to a higher energy state within minutes   Everything works far better. Mood, mental clarity, heart feels strong and my muscles feel nourished and up to anything. For about four hours. Then have to repeat.
The catch is that the immune system gets energy
as well making the reaction to O stronger, kicking in inflammation to high gear, creating more swollen stomach, joint inflammation, etc.

That is I believe my membranes leak. Which explains my reactions to shampoos, semen on skin, internal inflammation of pelvic area after O etc. The conduits that are supposed to contain semen as it is transported, gut as it digests, and possibly the blood brain barrier are leaking. The immune system thus coming in to clean up what leaks and perpetuating an inflammation cycle that uses up the same enzymes that are needed to seal the leak.

So in my opinion it is all inflammation based.

The key is to find the balance between keeping inflammation low while healing the leaky tissues. That has been the tough challenge.

Interestingly some people in this forum have found ways to go completely asymptomatic for a while by targeting their intestines with packs that work for them. And include generous portions of glutamine.

My guess is that  is why your skin reacts the way it does to semen.

I do not believe the spinal issues you are having are likely to produce all the POIS symptoms you are having.

I applaud your analytical and tenacious thinking. It will serve you well as you expand your search for what works for you.

Look at healthrising.org for a perspective on enzymes and CFS. You might be surprised to the overlap of symptoms with POIS.

I believe our bodies are over sensitized immunologically and neurologically  due to the immune system having to be in constant “clean up all that is leaking through” mode.

Note that living  fueled by glutamine as such is not a permanent solution. I found it not sustainable in large dosages. But may be a path to a permanent solution hopefully by healing the tissues that are leaking.

Simultaneous onset of CFS and POIS since Feb 1993. Married since 1989.

Helped by Immunocal (I explained how to take in previous posts).  Some relief on day one and day two.  It affects neurotransmitters.

Kit

Re: San Diego Sexual Medicine's POIS Research / Kit's Case
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2021, 06:25:05 PM »
Reserved

Kit

Re: San Diego Sexual Medicine's POIS Research / Kit's Case
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2021, 06:26:19 PM »
Reserved 2