Author Topic: Progecitor's summary  (Read 4491 times)

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
Re: Progecitor's summary
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2022, 10:52:13 AM »
So here are the results:
sTSH:                        2.300 mU/L (0.300-4.200)
Total calcium:            2.47 mmol/L (2.10-2.60)
Phosphate:                0.86 mmol/L (0.8-1.45)
Glucose:                    5.5 mmol/L (3.6-6.0)
IgF1:                        138.8 ug/L (107.8-246.7)
17 beta-Estradiol:  45.80 ng/L (7.6-42.6)
FSH:                         3.91 IU/L (1.5-12.4)
LH:                           4.88 IU/L (1.7-8.6)
PRL:                         6.14 ug/L (4.1-21.4)
Testosterone:            22.160 nmol/L (9.90-27.80)
SHBG:                      48.29 nmol/L (11.4-52.3)
DHEAS:                    7.150 umol/L (2.400-11.500)
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
Re: Progecitor's summary
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2022, 09:10:37 AM »
Butcher’s Broom root (Ruscus aculeatus) [470 mg per capsule; Rd:1]: I took daily 3 caps without an O. I think it helped with gut issues almost moderately and it also appeared to have a weaker benefit on bloodshot eyes. I am not completely sure, but several times after consumption within an hour I felt a little anti-depressive effect. This wasn’t strong and didn’t last much though. The legs felt a little less fatigued, but this could have been a placebo effect as it is indicated to improve lower body circulation and it may also reduce orthostatic intolerance, though I only have that with tryptophan and SSRIs. It also lacked any apparent side-effects, but the dosage I used could be much for long-term use. For now I can give it a weak-moderate score.

Goldenrod tea (Solidaginis herba) [made from 2 tablespoon of herba with 1.2 liter water]:  I drank daily four cups and also had an O. While not spectacular it still managed to mostly prevent a POIS onset and even after O I felt just like usually. Particularly I didn’t develop any bloodshot eyes, but this was probably the most it did. Gut issues were weak-moderately better, specifically stool consistency was better, but the burning pain remained usual. I couldn’t notice a particular anti-depressive effect and other symptoms were also average. I didn’t notice any side-effects either. I feel I can give it a moderate score for now.

Willow bark tea (Salicis cortex) [2 tablespoon of herb boiled in 1.2 liter water]: I drank daily 3-4 cups  and had an O. I could definitely feel myself better from it. I can’t say the change was profound though. The benefit was felt mostly on pre- and post-O mornings, as I was more relaxed and felt less depressed, however I couldn’t feel a distinct anti-depressive effect during the daytime. It makes sleeping easier at least. Gut issues were possibly weak-moderately better, but the burning pain was still felt. The eyes were not particularly better and it only reduced bloodshot eyes a little at the peak of its effect, so I still developed bloodshot eyes moderately after the O event. Morning photophobia was passing, so rather average. Muscle fatigue seemed average, although I didn’t work much at the time. I couldn’t note any side-effects, particulary not heart issues, which is a great thing considering my problems with Aspirin. Though I clearly felt myself better in the mornings, but other symptoms were rather general, so I can only give it a moderate score.

Lady's mantle tea (Alchemilla xanthochlora) [2 tablespoon of herb made with 1 liter water]: I tested it only one day by drinking 3 cups and did not have an O. I did not experience any considerable change, so I decided to not test it further. The eyes remained weakly bloodshot as usual and gut issues also appeared mostly unchanged. I also felt some weak discomfort in the groin area and possibly of the urinary tract, but urination seemed normal (usually abnormal) and POIS was not enhanced at least. Based on this I put it into the ineffective category.

Iceland moss tea (Lichen islandicus) [3 tablespoon of the herb added to 1.2 liter of hot water]: I only drank 1.5 cup of the tea, but decided to skip on it as it seemed pointless. Interestingly not long after the first cup I developed some symptoms that was the opposite it was indicated to treat like coughing and some pain in the mouth. Later I also had some transient stomach burning and developed some moderate bloodshot eyes in both one, although it was not exactly clear if it was due to a non-protective effect or some direct induction. This was in the afternoon and I still decided to drink another half a cup before going to sleep. Somewhat interestingly in the morning I felt a little better and gut issues were a little better, though the eyes were about averagely bloodshot and photophobic. Furthermore I had a nasal congestion with reduced rhinitis which may indicate some beneficial effect. Other symptoms were rather usual though, so I can’t say that Iceland moss makes POIS worse, however its benefit also couldn’t justify its regular usage, so I put this in the mixed category.

Mullein tea (Verbasci folium) [2 tablespoon of herb added to 1.2 liter of hot water]: I drank daily 4 cups for two days without an O. On the first day I noticed some minor improvement in mood and gut issues seemed a little better, however eye symptoms were rather average. In the morning I did not notice much improvement, although drank 1.5 cups before going to sleep. On the second day I was exposed to some exercise intolerance and one of the eyes become really painfully bloodshot. Photophobia was also torturing me as usual. Lymphatic issues and muscle fatigue seemed average, so practically unchanged. While mullein may have some benefit it is certainly not considerable, so I can only give it a weak score. Retrospectively it may be a little better, if an infection was really messing up the test.

Spearmint tea (Menthae crispae folium) [2 tablespoon of the herb added to 1.2 liter of hot water]:
I drank two cups and while it seemed somewhat beneficial for gut issues, my eye issues remained really terrible which made me realize that it can’t be simply POIS acting up. There were also some people in my vicinity who had flu-like symptoms, so I was pretty sure that I got infected with covid again. In the next week I used a lot of well proven supplements combined and they still couldn’t ameliorate the brutally bloodshot left eye. The burning gut pain was also enhanced even though I had no sexual activity and ate nothing that could justify it. Interestingly I had no other symptoms of an infection, but this is the only rational explanation I can find. At least spearmint seemed somewhat beneficial, but I will probably have to retest it sometime for a more accurate rating.

Deep red grape pure, fresh juice: I drank about a liter per day for two days (about 3-4 cups a few hours apart) and had an O. It was most helpful for my eye issue as it could certainly make and keep them clearer. Gut issues were only a little better and I also had some mild diarrhea as this quantity is probably too much at once. It helped my eyes even when faced with exercise intolerance, so the benefit was still greater. This was a one time seasonal stuff, so it can’t be used regularly, still it was an interesting experience. My score for it is moderate.

Jujube [raw dried fruit; Rd: 10-15 g (about 2 pieces)]: I made teas with 4 pieces (20-25g). When used alone jujube seemed to have about a weak-moderate benefit on both eye and gut issues. Otherwise the overall feeling was usual. Then I made a combination tea of jujube (4 pieces), cardamom (5 pieces) and 30 pieces of Goji berry and had an O. Fortunately I did not develop any significant bloodshot eyes after the O, although the next morning felt close to average (e.g. regular photophobia) and gut issues also persisted. Breast lymph nodes also seemed smaller than usual, although I don’t check them too often, so it may have been circumstantial. I would say that the combination tea had about a moderate effect, which isn’t that much, but further combinations may prove better results. The taste of jujube is somewhat reminiscent to date palm fruit in my opinion and the tea tasted somewhat like coffee cherry fruit tea. I don’t actually know if this indicates anything in composition, but could be interesting to consider.

Bergamot (Citrus bergamia) [500 mg fruit extract per capsule with standardized 25 % flavonoids content; Rd: 1]: I took 2 per day without an O. I expected something more from Bergamot, but it wasn’t terrific. It had about a weak effect on the eyes and probably a weak-moderate on gut issues. My estimation is that short-term it has about a weak or weak-moderate benefit.

Suma Root (also Brazilian ginseng) (Pfaffia paniculata) [400 mg per capsule; Rd:1-2]:
I took two caps per day and had an O. This is another aphrodisiac that proved quite beneficial. I can’t say that it solved everything, but it certainly felt as one of the better stuff. Objectively gut issues appeared moderately good, although flatulence was also a little excessive at times. Eye issues were weak-moderately better. Sometimes my general low mood also appeared better. I can’t say that suma would be fantastic, but still really feels like it has a kind of positive impact on POIS. Its efficacy is possibly similar to Giloy. I haven’t experienced any outright side-effects, but its long-term applicability is questionable.
I forgot to check earlier, but the active compounds of suma root are beta-ecdysterone, saponins pfaffosides and allantoin. Now I can say that I have really experienced a particular odor reminiscent of ecdysteone and it is probably the most active compound.

Pot marigold tea (Calendulae flos) [2 tablespoon of the herb added to 1.2 liter of hot water]: I drank 3 cups daily for 2 days without an O. I have used this one in creams for a long time, but it only recently occurred to me that a tea can be also made from it. I found it to have quite a good anti-inflammatory effect on gut issues, although it was not perfect, but to about a moderate degree. It was less effective for eye issues and other problems though. For now I would give it a moderate score.

Spearmint tea retest: As I had some kind of infection last time I felt the need to retest this. Spearmint certainly has a positive effect. It could make eye issues better, however this was rather short-lived. Gut issues were also better maybe to a weak-moderate level. Its benefit is weak-moderate by my estimation.

Smallflower hairy willowherb tea (Epilobii herba) [2 tablespoon of the herb added to 1.2 liter of hot water]: I drank 3-4 cups daily for 2 days without an O. As I said before I used it in the past as a somewhat effective POIS treatment, but after a while it became less effective. Based on my current trial I found it only weakly effective. It is true though that even in the past I used it combined with lemon balm, so its individual effect wasn’t too great even then. By the way it is a traditional remedy for prostatic issues and the most probable way it helps is the inhibition of CYP7B1 which could theoretically increase androstanediols.

White horehound tea (Marrubii herba) [2 tablespoon of the herb added to 1.2 liter of hot water]: I consumed 3 cups daily for two days without an O. I drank its tea a few times in the previous years and even then I noticed its benefit on gut issues. My current trial also proved a similar experience. It was mostly beneficial for gut issues where it has about a moderate-good effect. Other issues were less reduced. Bloodshot eyes were about weak-moderately better, but not especially so. I think I can give it a strong moderate score, though my general low mood was perpetual as usual. Its tea is somewhat bitter in taste, but to a tolerable level at least. Retrospectively I noticed that the dose I used is too high as tea made from 1-2 teaspoons of herb is recommended daily and I took about thrice the amount for two days, however no issues occurred such like the indicated irregular heartbeat.

Horsemint tea (Menthae longifoliae herba) [2 tablespoon of the herb added to 1.2 liter of hot water]: I drank 3 cups daily for 2 days without an O. My experience with horsemint was much similar to spearmint. Their efficacy appears to be about the same, so I can give it a weak-moderate rating. I have to note though that I had some heart pain at one time, although I am uncertain if it was rather caused by some food interaction, even so using spearmint may be a safer choice.

Allegra [120 mg fexofenadine per pill; Rd: 1]: I took daily two pills and had an O. I tried it for one day several month ago and it didn’t appear useful, but I think I also ate something bad at the time. So now I did some revaluation and found that fexofenadine indeed has a positive effect. On the pre-O day the eyes definitely became clearer and felt better and was more aware the next morning. I had a low libido during masturbation and had a hard time cuming, although this happens from time-to-time with other stuff as well and I can’t make conclusions based on only one event. Post-O the eyes remained clearer for a while, but by evening the bloodshotness broke through the protective effect. On the next day the morning dose once again helped to make the eyes clearer, however the eyes were quite photophobic and painful nevertheless. Rhinitis was also reduced a bit and this time without nasal congestion, though some irritation still remained. It wasn’t that good for gut issues, but at least a little effective still. Even though I felt a little more aware in the mornings, I couldn’t experience a distinct anti-depressive effect and felt the waves of somnolence. I also had a few attacks of heart ache and suspect it as a possible side-effect, especially after drinking coffee, which may imply a negative interaction. It also felt like Allegra put some strain on my body and feels more like it fights my problems on a symptomatic level, rather than at its core. At first I thought I may be able to give Allegra a good rating, however based on my post-O experience I can only judge it as moderately beneficial.

Yellow toadflax tea (Linaria vulgaris) [2 tablespoon of the herb added to 1.2 liter of hot water]: I drank 3-4 cups for two days without an O. I could not find much of an effect on the eyes, but it may have about a weak-moderate on gut issues. It did not have a clear anti-depressive effect, however I think it may have made me a bit more aware and the mornings felt less hazy. I also didn’t experience any side-effects short-term, but it is clearly not the most effective herbal tea. For now I would give it a weak score.

Claritin (loratadine) [10 mg per pill]: I had an O and took 2 pills on that day, but only one on the other days. I expected something better form loratadine, so I was quite disappointed when a rather bad POIS episode developed after the O. It was rather useless for bloodshot eyes contrary to fexofenadine and cetirizine. Rhinitis may have been a little better, but not significantly and on the first day after O photophobia and depression was also rather strong. At least gut issues appeared weak-moderately better, though on the first morning I had a smaller diarrhea right after the morning coffee, which is a possible side-effect of taking too much on one day. Once again sexual desire was low during masturbation and it was a little more difficult to cum, however it was still better than with fexofenadine and it did not feel like it put such a strain on the body. Nevertheless its poor efficacy only earns it a weak score and makes it an unlikely choice for my treatment.

Rooibos vanilla tea [2 teabags added to 1.2 liter of hot water]: I drank 4 cups, but only on one day and without an O. While I could see some benefit on gut issues it wasn’t that significant and eye issues also remained relatively unchanged. I guess it is about as good as black tea, but it is unlikely that either of them would solve my POIS problem on its own. Thus I give it a weak rating.

Cetirizine retest [10 mg per pill; Rd:1]: I took 3 pills per day without an O. I wanted to see its effect compared to the other antihistamines. In the past I used it with some success, but alone it still can’t change my POIS considerably. This time I couldn’t see much benefit on eye issues and it probably only helps weakly with that. It had a more positive effect on gut issues maybe even to a good degree. Its effectiveness may be comparable to cat’s claw unless I am mistaken. Sometimes my mood also appeared a little lifted, but other times not particularly so or even got a little headache. While Cetirizine on its own is not terribly effective, but still this one appears to have the least side-effects among the antihistamines I have tried and consider it a good addition to a stack. My current rating for its benefit is moderate.

Marshmallow root tea (Althaeae radix) [2 tablespoons of herb put in 1 liter of cold water for at least 6 hours]: I drank 3 cups for two days and had an O. This is also something that helps a little, but not too considerably. It had about a weak effect on the eyes and a moderate on gut issues. My estimation is that it helps about weak-moderately.

Guggul (Commiphora mukul) [500 mg per capsule; Rd: 2x1-2]: I took daily 4 capsules and had two Os on consecutive days. I expected something good from guggul and it turned out to be so, however I can’t say that it is terribly effective though. It was quite apparent that I felt myself better on both post O mornings. However I could not experience a distinct anti-depressive effect during the days, but at least in the mornings I was certainly more aware than usual. Morning photophobia was also reduced a little bit due to this. Unfortunately it wasn’t so good for the eye bloodshotness problem though. I think it was only weakly beneficial in this regard. Gut issues appeared to be quite better at least, possibly to a good extent. It also reduced rhinitis somewhat. My guess is that individually guggul has a solid good effect, thus it may be a good addition to a stack, especially with something that helps with eye issues better. It is also worth noting that guggul is specifically indicated to have a positive effect on sexual health.

Lucuma (Pouteria lucuma) [fruit powder; Rd: 1 teaspoon, other sources: 1 tablespoon]: I consumed daily 5 teaspoons without an O. Eye symptoms remained generally unchanged during the test and I think it has about a weak or weak-moderate effect on this. Gut issues appeared somewhat better possibly to a weak-moderate or moderate level. Otherwise my mood was rather baseline and couldn’t notice anything out of the ordinary, so I would give it a weak-moderate score. It appears to be somewhat abundant in niacin and contains some flavonoids, which may make it a good choice. Lucuma is also considered an alternative sweetener and its combination with other sugar substitutives like glycine and fructose may deserve some thought.

Maqui (Aristotelia chilensis) [berry powder; Rd:0.5-1 teaspoon]: I took half teaspoon worth 3 times per day for two days without an O. It was not bad for the eyes, but not much good either. On gut issues I experienced weaker mixed effects. On the second morning I felt myself a bit more relaxed, however bloodshot eyes were also increased then. As a possible side-effect I often felt the beating of the pulse in my back. It wasn’t any painful, just a bit unpleasant. Altogether I can’t say too much good about it as maqui has either a weak positive or mixed-effect. Maqui is also a rich source of anthocyanins just like aronia and it may only exert its positive effect on a longer-term.

Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) [250 mg bark extract per capsule; Rd: 2]: I took daily 3 capsules and had an O. It could quite evidently clear the eyes about moderately. Bloodshotness or rather thicker red veins would still occur, but the white of the eye certainly seemed clearer. Gut issues also seemed about moderately reduced. I also felt more relaxed than usual, maybe even a bit too much and I was a little detached. By the way this one is also considered as an aphrodisiac, although I couldn’t experience an increased libido or endurance, but this is difficult to judge based on only one occasion. Allergic rhinitis also appeared somewhat reduced this time without apparent nasal congestion. I feel I can give it a moderate-good rating and it may come close to Ashwagandha in effectiveness. As a Terminalia species it is also somewhat comparable to Triphala.
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.