Author Topic: Hairline split between tubes in testes  (Read 2204 times)

happy2

Hairline split between tubes in testes
« on: April 15, 2021, 04:29:10 PM »
My MD said when something like this happens its usually because of a hairline split between the tubes in the testes, where the semen shoots through and picks up all kinds of allergens, then when its released into the system all hell breaks loose.

Clues

Re: Hairline split between tubes in testes
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 02:02:02 AM »
when something like this happens its usually because of a hairline split between the tubes in the testes

"Something like this" meaning POIS? Many (most?) people on the forum have other triggers that result in the same or similar symptoms as orgasm does. Like exercise for example.

drop247

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 08:40:29 AM »
Nice to see you back Happy2. Is your POIS still in remission without medication? I wanted to ask why you decided to use Benadryl after orgasm instead of before?

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 01:58:23 PM »
Am I the only one who does not understand what hairline split means? Why nobody makes any medical research articles or anything like that about this? What are the researchers waiting for? More people who get POIS and then start failing at jobs/school/everything because of them becoming impaired by those symptoms?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 02:00:31 PM by Journey »

happy2

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 05:50:51 PM »
when something like this happens its usually because of a hairline split between the tubes in the testes

"Something like this" meaning POIS? Many (most?) people on the forum have other triggers that result in the same or similar symptoms as orgasm does. Like exercise for example.

It’s a capillary thing.

happy2

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 05:54:56 PM »
Nice to see you back Happy2. Is your POIS still in remission without medication? I wanted to ask why you decided to use Benadryl after orgasm instead of before?

Yes, still in remission.  Sheer intuition, after pouring over hundreds of comments on different websites, I decided to do after.  I think.  It was a long time ago.  Nocturnal emission, maybe after was my only option.

happy2

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 06:10:28 PM »
Am I the only one who does not understand what hairline split means? Why nobody makes any medical research articles or anything like that about this? What are the researchers waiting for? More people who get POIS and then start failing at jobs/school/everything because of them becoming impaired by those symptoms?

They WILL get on it, just keep holding on.  They need enough outcries and theories to go off of, so some brain can come along and figure it all out.

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 05:58:25 AM »

They WILL get on it, just keep holding on.  They need enough outcries and theories to go off of, so some brain can come along and figure it all out.
What things could help solve this capillary issue? When I was sick with a cold in 2020 February I felt overall warmer and had more bloodflow and I had no POIS back then despite 2 orgasms and 1 nocturnal emissions within 3 days whereas all other times in my life just a single orgasm would put me in a state of strong fatigue and brain fog for like a week

Could being sick have opened up some blood vessels or something because I also felt a lot more pleasure in the middle deeper area of my penis while masturbating back then while being sick with that cold and the orgasm felt a lot better and more properly too

Charles_b

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2021, 01:07:22 PM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood?testis_barrier#Auto-immune_response

Could this be a mechanical issue/injury with the blood testis barrier?  Linked article says this can cause an autoimmune reaction to sperm. 

The first day I ever had POIS was after a vasectomy consultation, where the doc also checked for an inguinal hernia and sort of pinched the area around my testes hard.

That night was my first POIS episode.

If this somehow is the case, I wonder how it could even be fixed if our bodies are not able to naturally repair it after all these years.  Unfortunately it seems that science is still experimenting on mice to see if there exists an easy way to check the integrity of this barrier:

https://www.oncotarget.com/article/12823/text/

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 04:43:14 PM by Charles_b »

Charles_b

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 01:09:25 PM »
?When the blood?testes barrier is breached, and sperm enters the bloodstream, the immune system mounts an autoimmune response against the sperm, since the immune system has not been tolerized against the unique sperm antigens that are only expressed by these cells.?

LookingForACure

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2021, 06:50:37 PM »
?When the blood?testes barrier is breached, and sperm enters the bloodstream, the immune system mounts an autoimmune response against the sperm, since the immune system has not been tolerized against the unique sperm antigens that are only expressed by these cells.?

I recently tested negative for anti-sperm antibodies in my blood despite my POIS. My understanding is that vasectomies cause barrier issues and as a result, the vast majority have elevated ASA. And yet, most don't have POIS. So I think the ASA/POIS relationship is certainly not perfect, not to say that there is nothing to this theory.