Author Topic: Exercise and POIS  (Read 7175 times)

Scary sheep

Exercise and POIS
« on: December 01, 2014, 01:48:19 PM »
I find that exercise during POIS can greatly reduce recovery times. When I was running cross-country and track in high school, I would recover within 2-3 days if I had practice, but now that I am less active, my recovery takes about a week. Does anybody else notice any correlation between exercise and recovery time?
Symptoms last 6-7 days. Onset of muscle weakness after 30 seconds. Symptoms include: brain fog, fatigue, depression, pale skin/dark circles under eyes,  digestive problems, difficulty taking a full breath, irritability. NONE of these are present out of POIS.

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: Exercise and POIS
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 06:06:09 PM »
For me it's mixed.

I find sometimes excersize helps, if I can do it.Sometimes the exercise seems to take 5 times as much effort and the body feels terrible. Other times, it helps take the mind off the POIS.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Nightingale

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 10:14:49 PM »
For me, exercise has been so important in my health and POIS I've turned it into my profession (I'm a personal trainer).  While I can't say that I'm sure exercise reduces my recovery right after POIS, it ABSOLUTELY helps me with the nagging long term effects like brain fog and low energy.

If I cycle/swim/run at a high intensity intervals for long periods of time, the effect is best. It really does fit well with the vagal nerve tone theory, with perhaps the parasympathetic nervous system (PNS) becoming less overactive and allowing the body to be in a more "awake" state.
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

Prancer

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 10:37:25 PM »
Exercise helps me by reducing some of my brain fog and by allowing me to get better quality sleep at night. During bad POIS, I might not feel like exercising (ugh! tired!), but once I get going, I find it pretty easy to continue. And I think that's very cool Nightingale's a personal trainer...didn't know that!

Huser

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 03:21:59 PM »
Hiking is my cure. If I have sex in the evening and go hiking next day, I don't get POIS symptoms. If I don't do that, I have symptoms few days or weeks.

Mushnikk

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 02:14:16 AM »
Hiking is my cure. If I have sex in the evening and go hiking next day, I don't get POIS symptoms. If I don't do that, I have symptoms few days or weeks.

Same for me with cycling, it greatly reduces my POIS symptoms

Clues

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 06:28:18 AM »
Interesting reading guys!

Personally I get POIS symptoms after exercise. If I do a hard workout, the symptoms are as bad as after orgasm.

I do feel amazing during exercise. But the symptoms hit me later in the day or the day after.

I've managed to reduce my post-orgasm symptoms significantly over the last year or so. Based on this thread I'm tempted to give exercise another try and just take it carefully.