Author Topic: People without POIS seem to have more eye glow and less dry/pale skin  (Read 2669 times)

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
I am not sure if this is a connection but I have noticed that whenever I am in the state of POIS my skin seems paler and dryer and my eyes sort of having this weird empty look combined with droopy eye lids

Whereas people that do not have POIS from what I noticed do not have that eyelid drop and their eyes seem to have that natural glow and also their eye whites are cleaner and their skin seems to have this natural gold yellow type of tan

What could this be related to?

Is it something to do with some pituitary hormones or something like that because my mouth also is dry in the mornings when I am in a POIS state

Cosmic1982

Re: People without POIS seem to have more eye glow and less dry/pale skin
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 12:33:50 AM »
I think it's just your mentality in your state of pois

Hopeoneday

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 03:27:32 PM »
This is true , but not all poisers hawe it.
Some poisers hawe a droped ayed lids like MG patients...

I get bags under ayese, like some sort of alergic reaction, and faciall change,
faces muscules change...
Dr-pois.

Clues

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 03:09:48 AM »
skin seems paler and dryer

eyes sort of having this weird empty look

Yep, I get this as well. My skin, especially my hands and face, look 20 years older after orgasm. Generally red and more inflamed-looking skin. Dry and cracked skin on the hands, with a sort of white spiderweb of wrinkles. Also, bloodshot and sunken-looking eyes and dark bags under my eyes. Face looks more gaunt as well. My wife and I call it POIS face. ::) It's 100% consistent, one of the most reliable symptoms I get.

I think it's just your mentality in your state of pois

Nope, definitely not in my case.

BoneBroth

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 04:50:59 AM »
Well, it must be the inflammation that eats up the collagen/elastin and fat in the skin and other tissues. I seem to have inflammation in my body 29 of 30 days in the month. The day I dont have inflammation I cannot sleep with only a sheet and a thin cotton blanket because I freeze - and thats the normal condition.....

maniaqe

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 11:10:27 AM »
Same here. Skin looks bad, but most significant change is visible on hair - they get extremely stiff and unpleasant in touch. I've noticed that "Solgar Skin, Nails & Hair" helps. Also HMB (L-glutamine) works well to reduce overall symptoms a bit (skin and hair too).

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 01:24:34 PM »
Several members experience a 'dry finger tips' reaction while in POIS.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 01:54:21 PM »

I’m one. Don’t know why, but the feeling is
maddening!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

certainlypois2

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2021, 09:06:50 PM »

maddening!
I think i have experienced this, especially during excessive orgasm bouts.

Clues

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2021, 03:38:14 AM »
Well, it must be the inflammation that eats up the collagen/elastin and fat in the skin and other tissues. I seem to have inflammation in my body 29 of 30 days in the month. The day I dont have inflammation I cannot sleep with only a sheet and a thin cotton blanket because I freeze - and thats the normal condition.....

I started supplementing with collagen about 3 weeks ago, and it's almost certainly improved my skin, including after orgasm. Some people on the forum report improvements in cognitive symptoms etc as well while taking collagen. I'm not sure about that in my case yet, but I did have the least bad post-orgasm symptoms I've had for a long time at the start of this week.

Apparently there is some research indicating that collagen might help repair the gut and reduce inflammation.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3792777/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12589194/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25368996/

EDIT: Btw I get the dry/cracked fingertip thing as well. Also, btw, I'm not implying that collagen from supplementation directly replaces collagen in the skin or elsewhere. I have no idea how it actually works.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 05:01:48 AM by Clues »

BoneBroth

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2021, 07:09:25 AM »
Yes, I get dry, tender, and sometimes "red-dotted" fingertops as well after O. Even normal keyboard work is hurting them. It might be related to low vasopressin levels (lowers skin moisture and blood pressure) or other hypothalamus hormones that regulate collagen regrowth at the same time as the overproduction of cortisol (to cotrl the inflammation) further breaks down the collagen. Vitamin C is essential for collagen repair as well as manganese, copper, foods high in anthocyanidins (such as blueberries, cherries and blackberries) and aminoacids proline, glycine, glutamine, and arginine that are found in collagen, bone broth, meat and eggs etcetera.  Read all about here.

certainlypois2

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2021, 08:10:26 PM »

maddening!
Does testosterone fix it.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2021, 01:05:33 AM »
Does testosterone fix [dry fingertips in POIS]
Only partially.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

BoneBroth

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2021, 04:31:35 AM »
You cant just rebuild broken tissue with testosterone forever, you have have to slow down the collagen break down process also. There's only one way: lower inflammation and cortiol levels, improve blood quality, leaking gut and restore the function of the whole hormonal system (hypothalamus/pitutary, adrenals and kidneys and liver).

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2021, 11:10:46 AM »
You cant just rebuild broken tissue with testosterone forever, you have have to slow down the collagen break down process also. There's only one way: lower inflammation and cortiol levels, improve blood quality, leaking gut and restore the function of the whole hormonal system (hypothalamus/pitutary, adrenals and kidneys and liver).
What strategies have you been utilizing together for achieving this?

BoneBroth

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2021, 01:15:40 PM »
Detailed specification in my summary. I'm doing so many things at the same time so I dont know what works and what is not. But something is definitly working! Here is a top-ten list of what I believe makes symptoms worse:

Primarily:
1.Having disrupted sleep quality and not beeing tired when going to bed due to:
 - Bad going-to-bed procedure: Getting in bed after midnight. Not relaxing two hours before bed, playing PS4 or working at the computer late, watching action movies etcetera.
 - Experience mental stress before going to bed.
 - Sitting too long time at the computerwork during the days without doing some kind of excercising at least one time every hour, including two 20 minutes walks outside.
 - Not getting sun light early in the morning.
 - Eating (specifically meat) too late
 - Overstimulated brain. It might take hours for the brain waves to calm down efter intensive mental work and they must be calmed in time for bed time otherwise you will have a raging brain, nightmares and hot body tempertaure during night.
 - Not sufficiently varied stimuli (watching the same walls all day).
2. Having upset stommach and gasses/bloating due to eating hight starchy foods (particularly pizza, hamburgers, bread, pie, deserts, cream, wheat) the same day.
3. Having too frequent O and "erotic thoughts"
4. Not taking the Quantum or Nanna1 packs 1-3 hours before bed

Secondary:
5. Experience constipation (I had improvements after start taking a supplement that really gets the gut going with magnesiumoxide and some herbs)
6. Not drinking enought of water (comprimises the liver, kidneys and detoxification)
7. Drinking alcohol
8. Drink too ,uch coffee after noon
9. Not taking the daily vitamin C
10. Not taking liver detoxifications cures enought frequetly (1 time every 3-6 months)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 01:24:50 PM by BoneBroth »