Author Topic: B3 + Matcha tea with L-theanine  (Read 881 times)

Mushnikk

Re: B3 + Matcha tea with L-theanine
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2021, 11:31:58 AM »
For me L-Theanin and CBD Oil work very well

berlin1984

• Global Moderator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2021, 02:26:59 PM »
Mushnikk, when before/after O? In which dosage?
My Protocol with adaoptogens, neurotransmitter precursors, energy production supplements helps with 80% of the symptoms with intercourse, 50% with masturbation.

Mushnikk

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2021, 03:32:21 PM »

500mg L-Theanine 45min before O, CBD oil (5 drops of 15% full spectrum oil) before O and the following two days two drops. Plus general immune supplementation, workout, intermittent fastung and a low sugar/low fibre diet covering all nutrients work very well for me. The L-Theanine and CBD combo worked before that. I believe my symptoms to be gut related (SIBO, dysbiosis) inducing a malfunctioning immune system leading to virus activation: nanna1s theory. Both L-theanine as a immune activator and CBD oil with an opioid interaction fit in there I believe.

Gino

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2021, 10:23:05 PM »
Did an experiment with niacinamide 500mg and matcha tea 2 hours before orgasm... absolutely no change in my symptoms, currently in the middle of awful POIS symptoms.

Will maybe try again in a couple weeks with a different form of niacin.

Hi Charles_b I'm sorry to hear this didn't work for you. When you're ready can you list out the process and products you used? I want to know how similar/different it was to my experience:
- I took a B3 tablet (niacinamide 500mg) at least 2 hours beforehand, usually 4-6 hours beforehand. No alcohol and only ate a light meal.
- I took a half-teaspoon level of matcha powder in hot water only 30 minutes beforehand. I still wanted to 'feel' the caffeine in my system.

I hope you have a better experience in the future. When I did have symptoms I have benefited from tea (caffeine) and a cold/immunity supplement (Echinacea, Zinc, Vitamin C).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 10:35:12 PM by Gino »

Gino

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2021, 10:33:12 PM »

500mg L-Theanine 45min before O, CBD oil (5 drops of 15% full spectrum oil) before O and the following two days two drops. Plus general immune supplementation, workout, intermittent fastung and a low sugar/low fibre diet covering all nutrients work very well for me. The L-Theanine and CBD combo worked before that. I believe my symptoms to be gut related (SIBO, dysbiosis) inducing a malfunctioning immune system leading to virus activation: nanna1s theory. Both L-theanine as a immune activator and CBD oil with an opioid interaction fit in there I believe.

Hi Mushnikk,

I didn't realise L-Theanine was available separately from tea!

My original post mentioned "L-Theanine" because I was told that caffeine from tea, including in matcha powder, naturally also contains L-Theanine. Coffee does not.

"no amino acids exist in coffee (in particular, L-theanine) – as they do in green, white and high-quality black teas – which makes the effect of coffee significantly less tolerable." Source: https://www.greentea.net/caffeine/

aswinpras06

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2021, 03:47:39 AM »
Hi Gino

Did you have  flu like symptoms,chest congestion and reaction to hot/cold showers during Pois. 

Because niacinamide and matcha tea are very good mast cell stabilizers and they work very well for those with mast cell activation and histamine intolerance.

Gino

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2021, 05:58:42 PM »
Hi Gino

Did you have  flu like symptoms,chest congestion and reaction to hot/cold showers during Pois. 

Because niacinamide and matcha tea are very good mast cell stabilizers and they work very well for those with mast cell activation and histamine intolerance.

Hi aswinpras06

I had flu like symptoms for days during POIS: body aches, low energy, fevers, nasal congestion but no chesty cough.

Not sure about reaction to hot/cold showers. I generally have cold extremities (hands, feet) so would avoid cold water. How are these related to histamine?

aswinpras06

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2021, 09:08:08 PM »
Thanks Gino for describing your symptoms.  Mast cell activation disease and high histamine levels can trigger all these symptoms. 

For more info read about mast cell activation disease and histamine intolerance in google.

Many of us here including myself (I also have cold hands and feet) have same symptoms like pois after having a bath or shower.
These are triggered by mast cells and preventing them is very difficult.

Great to know that you have found vitamin b3 and matcha tea working for you.  Hope they continue to work for a long time in preventing your pois. 

Charles_b

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2021, 10:28:19 PM »
Did an experiment with niacinamide 500mg and matcha tea 2 hours before orgasm... absolutely no change in my symptoms, currently in the middle of awful POIS symptoms.

Will maybe try again in a couple weeks with a different form of niacin.

Hi Charles_b I'm sorry to hear this didn't work for you. When you're ready can you list out the process and products you used? I want to know how similar/different it was to my experience:
- I took a B3 tablet (niacinamide 500mg) at least 2 hours beforehand, usually 4-6 hours beforehand. No alcohol and only ate a light meal.
- I took a half-teaspoon level of matcha powder in hot water only 30 minutes beforehand. I still wanted to 'feel' the caffeine in my system.

I hope you have a better experience in the future. When I did have symptoms I have benefited from tea (caffeine) and a cold/immunity supplement (Echinacea, Zinc, Vitamin C).

Thanks Gino - I used niacinamide 500mg as well, had a matcha tea (in a teabag, so maybe not as potent as the matcha powder straight in water), and waited 2 hours before O.  My plan is to try Nicotinamide Riboside and maybe some actual matcha powder next time.  Pretty low risk/high potential benefit experiment, I appreciate you sharing your success with it :).

Have you had continued success with this, or have you hit a point of diminishing returns at all?

Gino

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2021, 06:46:19 PM »

Have you had continued success with this, or have you hit a point of diminishing returns at all?

Still as effective since I started in early January. I'm definitely better with matcha power vs green tea bags. I haven't tried matcha tea bags though.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2021, 08:32:58 AM »

Still as effective since I started in early January. I'm definitely better with matcha power vs green tea bags. I haven't tried matcha tea bags though.

Great news, Gino :)   

Now that it has been over 3 months, and the placebo effect period would have ended by now, I would like to add your successful method in the niacin (B3) section of my "POIS Types Chart and their possible treatments"( https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.msg19448#msg19448  ).  I would add details on your specific regimen, that is, the addition of organic Macha tea. 

Would it be ok with you If I add you as a reference member in my chart?
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Laotzu1980

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2021, 05:05:45 AM »
I tried B3 and an L-Theanine supplement included in my prepack this time. Did nothing for me.

Gino

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2021, 05:10:53 AM »

Hi Quantum. Definitely please do. I'm very happy with the results so far.

I'm thinking that I remove the reference to L-theanine in the title since most teas have this anyway. The main difference seems to be that matcha is the consumption of the whole leaf rather than being drained tea leaves.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 05:14:39 AM by Gino »

The One

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2021, 04:15:09 PM »

Hi Quantum. Definitely please do. I'm very happy with the results so far.

I'm thinking that I remove the reference to L-theanine in the title since most teas have this anyway. The main difference seems to be that matcha is the consumption of the whole leaf rather than being drained tea leaves.
Just in case you didn't see my reply in my thread.

I'm planning on replicating your stack.

Here's what I'm thinking of taking:
-500 mg Niacin (2-6 hrs before O): https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Niacin-500-100-Capsules/dp/B004LVW8TU
-Matcha Tea (Immediately to 30 mins before O): https://www.amazon.com/Ch%C3%A9rie-Sweet-Heart-Matcha-Powder/dp/B07P6454Z1/
-Vitamin C + Echinacea (Daily): https://www.amazon.com/Solaray-Echinacea-Vitamin-Capsules-Count/dp/B000I4DIU2/

Do these check out? Also, do you have a better Matcha recommendation? I'm having a hard time finding yours.