Author Topic: Got Cured  (Read 7181 times)

an-y-more

Re: Got Cured
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2021, 04:53:04 PM »
Not diagnosed still but for me it now was MCAS 99%. Used quercentin/vit c/galangal for a week (with meals) and noticed some improvements. Just went to the pharmacy and bought antihistamines and after an O I am just as sharp as if nothing happened. I am literally studying right now on 6h of sleep after a hot shower etc. and two pizzas. Things that without the AH certainly would have ruined more than just today.

Used loratadine. If you don't know that you don't have MCAS and don't have a AH history, just go and buy antihistamines for a couple bucks. I didn't know this simple solution could literally save my life.
Does your loratadine contains pseudoephedrine?

lw

« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2021, 03:46:08 AM »
I strongly recommend taking cold showers before going to sleep.

BoneBroth

« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2021, 05:08:28 AM »
"and two pizzas". Those times are gone. If I eat ony half a pizza I get horrible POIS symptoms and bloating for days. POIS is definitly a gut issue for me. Most certain it caused by bad "pizza"- bacteria that feast on starchy foods. As long as my gut is calmed and not bloated the POIS symptoms are lower or almost gone. It's a battle to keep it that way. I have to use oregano oil, garlic pills, gut cleansing pills, bonebroth, L-glutamine, coconut oil, billberry. Additionally I have to take walks 2-4 times a day (improve gut movements) and not eat after 18:00 (regenerating the gut). After O the gut is specifically sensitive and only accepting fluent foods. That has made me loose 10 kg in weight and its very hard to gain it back.

lw

« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2021, 11:34:08 AM »
I think POIS is connected with some kind of deep stress and being unable to sleep properly. I wonder if research about this has been done - Quality of sleep by poisers

BoneBroth

« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2021, 04:48:42 PM »
I agree, getting enough sleep is super important for hormonal health and long term sleeping issues can ruin the hormonal balance. For me keeping a strict going to bed rutine is crucial for the sleep quality. Also:

Getting light/sun
Getting exercise, walking
Not watching TV/Computer/phone 1 hour before sleep. calm down the brain
Not going to bed after 11 pm. According to Chinese medicine the liver detoxes itself between 11 pm and 2 am. If you'r awake that time, poisons are beeing concentrated and are still in the blood system the following day.
Cool bedroom
C-vitamin (acid neutral) before going to bed

lw

« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2021, 07:16:59 AM »
I strongly advice doing cold showers before going to sleep. EVERY DAY, that's important.
That will reduce pois symptoms greatly.

Progecitor

« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2021, 12:42:46 PM »
I may have to point out that galangal is actually called Kaempferia galanga and not without a reason. The compound called kaempferol that I so highly praise can be found in the rhizomes in high concentration.
Kaempferia galanga, commonly known as kencur, aromatic ginger, sand ginger, cutcherry, or resurrection lily, is a monocotyledonous plant in the ginger family, and one of four plants called galangal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaempferia_galanga
As I pointed out in my research thread kaempferol and quercetin probably has a synergestic effect.
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3733.0
Actually I have found out about galangal in this article and it also contains other interesting information such as chocolate having a FAAH inhibitor property due to N-linoleoylethanolamide and N-oleoylethanolamide.
https://stellarmedgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Beyond-Cannabis-Plants-and-the-Endocannabinoid-System.pdf