Author Topic: POIS Theory Master List  (Read 36494 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: POIS Theory Master List
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2024, 09:47:32 PM »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2024, 01:39:50 PM »
Two case reports (3 patients in total) of "succesfully" treated POIS patients by Omalizumab. #64 en #74 in POIS paper thread.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omalizumab#Mechanism_of_action

Lemal. 2019. Omalizumab Therapy for Mast Cell-Mediator Symptoms in Patients with ISM, CM, MMAS, and MCAS

Chang. 2006. Anti-IgE as a mast cell–stabilizing therapeutic agent

Fig 2 Activated mast cells release and secrete 3 groups of mediators responsible for immediate-phase and delayed-phase reactions. VEGF, Vascular endothelial growth factor; FGF2, fibroblast growth factor 2; LT, leukotriene; PG, prostaglandin.

Fig 4 Potential target sites for mast cell–stabilizing agents. A, The Fc?RI-initiated stimulatory signal-transducing pathway, the Fc?RIIB-initiated inhibitory signal-transducing pathway, and the mechanism by which the latter pathway inhibits the former pathway. B, The mast cell–stabilizing effects can be classified into those that reduce sensitivity and those that reduce the potency of the mast cell. SHIP, Src homology 2 domain–containing inositol 5-phosphatase; ITIM, immunoreceptor tyrosine–based inhibitory motif; ITAM, immunoreceptor tyrosine–based activating motif; PLC?, phospholipase C?; IP3, inositol-1,4,5-triphosphate; DAG, diacylglycerol; PKC, protein kinase C.

Fig 5 Multiple proved and potential pharmacologic and immunologic effects of anti-IgE. Therapeutic anti-IgE binds to (1) IgE and (2) membrane-bound IgE+ B lymphoblasts and memory cells, which each leads to a series of subsequent or indirect effects.

Regarding figure 4, I had posted something about SHIP in the MCAS thread:

Multistep IgE Mast Cell Desensitization Is a Dose- and Time-Dependent Process Partially Regulated by SHIP-1

Kaempferol suppresses the activation of mast cells by modulating the expression of Fc?RI and SHIP1
« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 10:52:47 PM by demografx »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2024, 09:04:03 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/1dbr187/pois_has_given_me_an_allergic_reaction_in_my/
For some reason it’s caused an allergic reaction in my esophagus and acid reflux and it hasn’t gone away after 4 months.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2024, 02:37:37 AM »
Measuring IgG4/IgE pre and post hyposensitization therapy in POIS patients to rule out immunoglobulin class switching when treatment is (partial) successful. More ratio's could be measured:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immunoglobulin_class_switching
« Last Edit: June 21, 2024, 02:47:16 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2024, 02:57:20 AM »
The point of measuring a large amount of different cytokines is that certain sets of abnormal cytokine levels may point towards certain cells as source. It is difficult to determine the type of cells being involved when you only measure a small selection of cytokines.

StressPOIS

« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2024, 12:28:55 AM »
Got a straightening of lumbar spine in my X-RAY. yet to consult the doctor. Noticed @hopeoneday and perhaps @sisphyus had the dame thing. Not optimistic because they haven't found their cure yet. I don't know if it's the symptom or the cause. Maybe the inflammation is getting in my spine or the spine is causing it.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2024, 04:09:35 PM »
Periodic changes in serum testosterone levels after ejaculation in men
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12506329/
The purpose of this study was to determine the changes in sex hormone level in men after ejaculation. The serum testosterone concentrations of 28 male volunteers were investigated daily during abstinence period after ejaculation. We found that fluctuations of testosterone levels from day 2 to day 5 of abstinence were minimal. On day 7 of abstinence, a peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline (P<0.01). After the peak, no regular fluctuation was observed. Ejaculation was the premise and beginning of the 7 days' periodic phenomenon. If there was no ejaculation, there was no periodical changes in serum testosterone level. These results indicate that the periodic change in serum testosterone level is caused by ejaculation.

What is the periodic change of T levels in POIS after ejaculation?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2024, 03:49:28 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-term_potentiation#Properties

In neuroscience, long-term potentiation (LTP) is a persistent strengthening of synapses based on recent patterns of activity. These are patterns of synaptic activity that produce a long-lasting increase in signal transmission between two neurons.[2] The opposite of LTP is long-term depression, which produces a long-lasting decrease in synaptic strength

Associativity refers to the observation that when weak stimulation of a single pathway is insufficient for the induction of LTP, simultaneous strong stimulation of another pathway will induce LTP at both pathways

LTP is persistent, lasting from several minutes to many months, and it is this persistence that separates LTP from other forms of synaptic plasticity

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2024, 05:00:11 AM »
Do we need more sensory testing in POIS patients?
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=4213.msg45055#msg45055

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2024, 04:02:53 PM »
Histamine levels drop in systemic circulation post ejaculation for healthy male humans.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1439-0272.2011.01222.x

There is only one location in the brain that contains histamine releasing neurons:
tuberomammillary nucleus
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0301008200000393

Mast cells in brain

Mast Cells in Gut and Brain and Their Potential Role as an Emerging Therapeutic Target for Neural Diseases

In small quantity, MCs are also present in the brain. Here, they are located in area postrema, parenchyma of thalamus and hypothalamus, leptomeninges, pineal organ, infundibulum, choroid plexus, and in dura mater of the spinal cord.

Area Postrema

Leptomeninges

Pineal Gland and Choroid Plexus

Infundibulum

Dura Mater Spinal Cord

parenchyma of thalamus and hypothalamus

Where is this?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 09:41:24 AM by Muon »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2024, 10:18:41 PM »
Muon, great looking graphic.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2024, 11:02:10 AM »
Anyone think there's hope in this reasearch?

Trending News: Interleukin-24 Found as Catalyst of Pro-Inflammatory Autoimmune Disorders
https://www.pharmacytimes.com/news/trending-news-interleukin-24-found-as-catalyst-of-pro-inflammatory-autoimmune-disorders

It essentially descibes a potential new treatment new treatment that targets a specific symptom may have a positive impact for patients with schizophrenia. If POIS really is a pro-inflammatory disorder that causes all the psychiatriachal symptoms, this can potentially be beneficial for POIS attacks.

Let me know your thoughts!

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2024, 05:01:17 PM »
Komisaruk's cancelled Heart Rate/Heart Rate Variability Study should get a second chance in my opinion.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2024, 04:15:36 AM »
Brainstem Dbh+ neurons control allergen-induced airway hyperreactivity (Su, Yujuan, et al. 2024)

Here we mapped a full allergen circuit from the lung to the brainstem and back to the lung. Delivery of noradrenaline antagonists to the NA blunted hyperreactivity, suggesting noradrenaline as the transmitter between Dbh+ nTS and NA. Together, these findings provide molecular, anatomical and functional definitions of key nodes of a canonical allergen response circuit. This knowledge informs how neural modulation could be used to control allergen-induced airway hyperreactivity.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 04:21:46 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2024, 01:18:41 PM »
Quote from female:
If I really reflect, I can pinpoint when the symptoms got wayyyy worse to the same time when I started experiencing my POTS symptoms; this being after bad emotional trauma from an abusive relationship. I'm not sure if there is a link here between prolonged trauma and autonomic nervous system/dysregulation?

Changes in Autonomic Nervous System Activity are Associated with Changes in Sexual Function in Women with a History of Childhood Sexual Abuse

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2024, 11:48:48 PM »
some poiser have low or high testosterone -> testicular glands
(and some with low testosterone seems to have  some results  reducing POIS symtoms with testosterone replacement therapy.)

some poiser have low or high cortisol -> adrenal glands (this is my case)

some poiser have low or high t3 / t4 -> thyroid glands ( Iwillbeatthis's and marrtintintin's case)
Iwillbeatthis seems to have some result  reducing POIS symtoms treating  thyroid

but what do all these glands have in common ?
answer : hypothalamus

hypothalamus gives orders to other glands with -> acth, tsh, gh, etc ...
then the differents glands produce testosterone, thyroid hormones, cortisol, etc ...

so all those hormonal problems (that seem common to a lot of poiser and maybe the origin of POIS) could come from a specific gland but maybe our gland is ok and the problem could come from the hypothalamus on a higher level or maybe both.
thats why sometimes treat the gland gives some result reducing POIS symptoms but not always 100%

there could be many reason why your glands or hypothalamus would be defective but the main reason would be chronic/traumatic stress (a lot of poiser seems sensitiv to stress) or intoxication that tires or disrupts the glands.

but before focus on why we need to know which.

so for any new poiser my suggestion would be to do a blood test to check all this hormones before and after an orgasm to identify which hormones/ glands seems to be defective.
blood test : acth, tsh, gh, somatomedins, prl, fsh, lh, msh, oxytocin, adh, epinephrine, norepinephrine, cortisol, corticosterone, t3, t4, inhibin, testosterone,

note that as i tried to explain in my case (https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=4556.msg48987#msg48987)
there could be many reasons why some of us could still have normal level for a hormone.
that's why doing a blood test after an orgasm even if it would be such a pain could be really helpfull to see clearer.
since an orgasm seems to break everything, a blood test after orgasm could  reveal more thing.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2024, 05:47:16 AM »
Did it start converting to Estrogen or is it some kind of CNS tolerance?
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/147v8ps/woman_with_pois_and_havent_posted_in_a_long_time/

Heather01111:

I haven't posted in a long time. I am a woman with POIS. I thought I had found my fix for this which was testosterone supplements. It did help for a few months but then it stopped. I was so happy and then so depressed about it that I kind of gave up hope. My body started to just convert the testosterone into estrogen apparently and it quit working. What I have found though is if I don't do the testosterone cream everyday and I only use it after sex along with an oxytocin nasal spray my headaches/train wreck feeling only lasts for about a day or 2 instead of 2 weeks. I am still searching on the cure as my sex life still sucks and somebody should start a gofundme page for my poor husband as he has to deal with me. This is such a hard thing to have. I try to stay optimistic, but if I let mywelf go there I just feel broken as a woman.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2024, 03:14:29 AM »
Does low vitamin D predict a response to steroids or COX inhibitors?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2024, 02:14:06 AM »

Hopeoneday

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2024, 08:25:56 AM »
Yes, neurotransmiters regulate body functions, buuut the katch
"16" with this theory is that it should be
at least 500 milions of poisers on earth wright now.

But if something is disturbing receptors(autoimune..etc) in poisers,
that is another story.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2024, 05:10:06 AM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.