Author Topic: Fluid Retention & POIS  (Read 678 times)

Forestdweller64

Fluid Retention & POIS
« on: May 04, 2021, 07:20:13 AM »
I'm new here. Brief TLDR bio:

Male. 32. Married. I have noticed POIS symptoms since 2012. Grew up masturbating to sexual content in magazines/digital content since I was 7. Almost always multiple times per day until three or so years ago. Life improvement with reduction of sexual stimulation (no xxxx, right?). POIS is worse from PMO than it is from sex with my wife.

I began exercising consistently a few months ago. That helped tremendously with POIS symptoms for awhile. I would time sex the day before my next high-intensity weight lifting session and things were okay. Then I began getting severe chest pain. Thought it was acid reflux, took stuff for that, no change. Got scoped, no hietal hernia or anything like that. The DR told my wife after the ECG "ma'am let's put it this way, it's the end of the month, and your husband is the healthiest patient I've seen all month." I'm sure you guys have heard that before when trying to get treatment.

All the other general biomarkers for heart health are normal and good to go. I've suspected POIS and frequent exercise may be playing a role here in this new symptom/pain. I can hear faint gurgling noises in the area and I'm beginning to suspect fluid retention in that area. Has anyone here had similar experiences? I'm planning on finally doing a 100-day no orgasm fast combined with a very strict diet protocol that I've wanted to do for years and years. I'm a few days into that.

I'm fed up with all of this and ready to heal. Whether my choices to heal are correct or not, I need to feel like I'm doing something to help myself. I'm not a huge fan of allopathic medicine when the treatment is not obvious. I'm watching my mother go through a 3rd round of cancer and the medicines they give her... that's no way to live.

I'm open to anything you guys have to say, suggest, or share. This may not be POIS-related but I know this is the place to find out.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 10:11:48 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Fluid Retention & POIS
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 10:26:03 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Forestdweller64!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Forestdweller64

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 08:07:49 AM »
Thanks, Demografx. Glad to be here. I've lurked for years -- tried a few of the suggestions. I really value what's going on here. I like how people from all over the world are coming together to share their experiences and what has/has not worked for them.

I feel like POIS has really altered my life course so dramatically that it's hard not to still be angry with the entire sexual part of our lives as human beings. Still working on finding the right answers for me!

Clues

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 09:27:59 AM »
Welcome to the forum Forestdweller64, and good luck on your journey! :)

BoneBroth

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 09:36:04 AM »
Hi there! Maybe you started to exercise a bit too tough. Your heart muscle might not be ready for this if you had a sedentary lifestile (plus the POIS inflammation) for a long time. I also get pain in the chest when starting to run and a analysis showed that I had a smaller heart valve that I should have. You should continueing to be physic active but advance slowly to more intense training that makes your heart beat faster. Do you have problem with bloating or gas?

Forestdweller64

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 04:01:08 PM »
I do have a lot of gas and have experienced a lot of bloating up until a few days ago. I use a mostly Vegan diet that helps a good deal with POIS, and that undeniably brings a bit of gas and bloating. I've learned that digestive enzymes are my friend in that area.

I have definitely considered and still consider exercising intensely while being the joyful owner of POIS to be a potential cause of the pain in the chest. However, exercise has been extremely helpful for POIS. I haven't been able to exercise for about a week or so due to the pain in my chest. I've got a DR. appointment next week and I'm going to see if I can get CT scan to see about the pain. When I put a stethoscope to the heart area I hear a lot of fluid and gurgling noises... that's why I'm thinking bloating. Whether that bloating is POIS-related, exercise-related, or something else entirely... I really don't know. With allopathic medicine I probably won't find out what caused it...but that's okay. I just want to heal it at this point and continue forward.

What I do know is that I'm more motivated than ever to find answers to these situations. I don't feel helpless or hopeless. I feel invigorated to take action and try new things. I hit that inner point that I'm sure some of you have hit in your own journey -- just not going to accept this stuff anymore. Going to keep being curious, try new things, gather and apply knowledge. I'll beat all of this, get off my ass and make something of my life.

BoneBroth

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 08:32:19 AM »
You might also have a clogged colon. I just visited a colon-cleanser therapist today and got four 1,5 litre enemas in a row accompanied with colon massage. The terapist could clearly feel that there was a hard blockage in the transverse colon (the upper part) and that might have been the reason of my lately constipation. Such blockage usually happens due to stress and worry since thats where such feelings express themself (in the Celiac plexus) and that has a bad influence on the peristalsis at that specific area, which make the poop stagnate there. The whole blockage could still not be dissolved so I have to do the whole procedure again soon. A CT-scanlast week also confermed the poop.

mike_sweden

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 01:58:30 PM »
You might also have a clogged colon. I just visited a colon-cleanser therapist today and got four 1,5 litre enemas in a row accompanied with colon massage. The terapist could clearly feel that there was a hard blockage in the transverse colon (the upper part) and that might have been the reason of my lately constipation. Such blockage usually happens due to stress and worry since thats where such feelings express themself (in the Celiac plexus) and that has a bad influence on the peristalsis at that specific area, which make the poop stagnate there. The whole blockage could still not be dissolved so I have to do the whole procedure again soon. A CT-scanlast week also confermed the poop.

magnesiumoxide works very well, google "oxycolon", swedish

Rollo

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 02:27:46 PM »
Before i knew it was POIS what i am having, i had a lot of screenings on my heart due to chest pains (that have stopped after 2 years) and a history of heart conditions within my family. But the doctors didn't find anything.
So it is not unlikely that those pains are linked to POIS for both of us. The Heart is a muscle after all and thus probably somewhat affected by POIS and stinging pains sometimes occur in other parts of my body aswell during POIS episodes (mostly in my joints so possibly in the cartilage between the ribs aswell?)

berlin1984

• Global Moderator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 03:16:30 PM »