Author Topic: TMS - cure program  (Read 3721 times)

nipois

TMS - cure program
« on: February 09, 2021, 09:22:43 AM »
This is what cured me:

https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/

It's free. Good luck.

Danmh

Re: TMS - cure program
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 10:26:54 AM »
Hello Nipois

That sounds very interesting! What were your symptoms, how long did you suffer from them, and how quickly did the program cure you? And how long has it been since you cured your POIS?

nipois

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 01:51:10 AM »
Hi,
Q:What were your symptoms?
A: Nausea, headaches, weakness, mental fog

Q:how long did you suffer from them
A: Since my first ejaculation

Q: how quickly did the program cure you?
A: can't remember but it was a short time

Q: how long has it been since you cured your POIS?
A: 2 years I think.

Read the program and you will get most of the information you need to know.
I don't claim that it isn't possible that for some people there might be structural reasons why they suffer from pain coupled with the ejaculation moment.  But it seems to me that most people (and I wouldn't be surprised if this applied to basically everybody) are just affected by TMS (some people call it mind-body syndrome or neural pain,etc).
If I could recommend you something I would advise you to see your problems under the umbrella of TMS. ?pois? is just a subgenre of TMS (mind-body syndrome). 
If there's nothing wrong with your body (ask a doctor) then you're probably suffering from TMS. It's mental.
If you have backaches, headaches, anxiety, depression and other pains around your body not connected with your ejaculation problems, this program will help you as well. I've cured backaches and motions sickness and other problems as well.
Read the program carefully. Follow it diligently. It's science. Psychology. There's nothing magical or mystical. You don't have to worship anything or anyone.
Depending on the person you could be cured in a very short time (weeks, months). Everyone is different. Your main exercise will be somatic tracking. You will find the instructions for this exercise in the program.

This podcast might help you as well. It's from the same psychologist who built the program:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/tell-me-about-your-pain/id1503847664

Good luck.

nipois

Danmh

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 05:56:07 AM »
Thank you very much, I am definitely going to try it!

How long did your symptoms last for after orgasm, before you cured them?

nipois

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 06:35:04 AM »
Till the following day. But I think that's not too relevant. You can get better regardless of the severeness of your symptoms.  :)

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 07:50:20 AM »
Yeah I showed Nas this before and he misunderstood it thinking that it meant pois was only psychological, than rather it is about the mind body connection and turning off unconscious mechanisms in the body.

Basically John Sarno the guy who came up with TMS said it's the unconscious mind that uses the autonomic nervous system to decrease blood flow to certain parts of the body causing symptoms.

The reason why placebo works so well is because of the mind body connection.

I'm glad you managed to cure with it and I think many others can also with this, DNRS or Gupta. I do think if you have gut issues like mold, chronic infections, sibo you have to fix that first before this stuff works 100%.

As much as this forum can be helpful at times it can also be a curse as every time you are visiting this forum you are telling your limbic system you have a chronic illness and that you're in danger, these programmes advise not to visit forums at all or even call what you have Post orgasmic illness syndrome as it sends the wrong signals to your limbic system. Your limbic system is like a three year old so you have to train it in that way.

I have been neglecting DNRS training as this forum is addictive and I was too lazy and getting involved with other stuff in my life.

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2021, 08:03:17 AM »
I do think its better to do the whole DNRS 3 day programme so you understand it but here is the main exercise from it, I wrote it out especially for you guys.

The limbic system is like a three year old which is why you need to do silly exercises like this to retrain it, don't compare this to meditation, cbt psychotherapy neither of those helped my symptoms at all.

You need to do speak loudly when you are doing this exercise, when you are feeling a symptom coming on, they advise to train for an hour a day. If you have symptoms like a quiet weak voice this will fix it instantly after a few repetitions. You can edit what I wrote in the exercise to fit your triggers and symptoms. DNRS is especially helpful for chronic fatigue, multiple chemical sensitivities, POTS, autonomic dysfunction, brain fog, fibromyalgia, MCAS

1. Stop , Stop , Stop (moving hands in a downwards motion with each stop)
2. My brain(place fingers on temples) is stuck in a rut and is sending false signals to my body( touch chest) and my mind (touch temples)
3. In the past over firing of protective mechanisms led to brain fog/fatigue from: (list your triggers) ejaculation and this led to behaviours such as avoidance, isolation and anxiety
4. Now I know this was a result of limbic system cross wiring (make an x with arms) and I choose to rewire my brain (put fingers on temples)
5. Thank you (your name) great choice I love you and I’m so proud of you, thank you limbic system for protecting me in the past but you didn’t have the answers. Theres a new program I’m running
6. (Your name) What state are you choosing now?
7. I’m choosing “write what ever you want” eg: I am calm and confident in any social situation and I have no brain fog or autistic symptoms”

« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 08:46:58 AM by Iwillbeatthis »

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2021, 08:03:55 AM »
Yeah I showed Nas this before and he misunderstood it thinking that it meant pois was only psychological, than rather it is about the mind body connection and turning off unconscious mechanisms in the body.

Basically John Sarno the guy who came up with TMS said it's the unconscious mind that uses the autonomic nervous system to decrease blood flow to certain parts of the body causing symptoms.

The reason why placebo works so well is because of the mind body connection.

I'm glad you managed to cure with it and I think many others can also with this, DNRS or Gupta. I do think if you have gut issues like mold, chronic infections, sibo you have to fix that first before this stuff works 100%.

As much as this forum can be helpful at times it can also be a curse as every time you are visiting this forum you are telling your limbic system you have a chronic illness and that you're in danger, these programmes advise not to visit forums at all or even call what you have Post orgasmic illness syndrome as it sends the wrong signals to your limbic system. Your limbic system is like a three year old so you have to train it in that way.

I have been neglecting DNRS training as this forum is addictive and I was too lazy and getting involved with other stuff in my life.
Are there any techniques that can disable that unconscious autonomous nervous system very fast to see if there are any benefits from that within hours?

Journey

• MM group
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2021, 08:06:52 AM »
I do think its better to do the whole DNRS 3 day programme so you understand it but here is the main exercise from it, I wrote it out especially for you guys.

The limbic system is like a three year old which is why you need to do silly exercises like this to retrain it, don't compare this to meditation or psychotherapy neither of those helped my symptoms at all.

You need to do speak loudly when you are doing this exercise, when you are feeling a symptom coming on, they advise to train for an hour a day. If you have symptoms like a quiet weak voice this will fix it instantly after a few repetitions. You can edit what I wrote in the exercise to fit your triggers and symptoms. DNRS is especially helpful for chronic fatigue, multiple chemical sensitivities, POTS, autonomic dysfunction, brain fog, fibromyalgia.

1. Stop , Stop , Stop (moving hands in a downwards motion with each stop)
2. My brain(place fingers on temples) is stuck in a rut and is sending false signals to my body( touch chest) and my mind (touch temples)
3. In the past over firing of protective mechanisms led to brain fog/fatigue from: (list your triggers) ejaculation and this led to behaviours such as avoidance, isolation and anxiety
4. Now I know this was a result of limbic system cross wiring (make an x with arms) and I choose to rewire my brain (put fingers on temples)
5. Thank you (your name) great choice I love you and I’m so proud of you, thank you limbic system for protecting me in the past but you didn’t have the answers. Theres a new program I’m running
6. (Your name) What state are you choosing now?
7. I’m choosing “write what ever you want” eg: I am calm and confident in any social situation and I have no brain fog or autistic symptoms”
Interesting I will give this technique a try and then we will see if that works and does anything for those POIS symptoms however it is very likely there are physical causes for my POIS because when I was sick with a cold I had zero POIS symptoms despite not being abstinent at that time.

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2021, 08:13:39 AM »
u want” eg: I am calm and confident in any social situation and I have no brain fog or autistic symptoms”
Interesting I will give this technique a try and then we will see if that works and does anything for those POIS symptoms however it is very likely there are physical causes for my POIS because when I was sick with a cold I had zero POIS symptoms despite not being abstinent at that time.

This exercise isn't suggesting there is no physical cause, but it can stop the release of stress hormones which then cause symptoms like inflammation in the body which is why this exercise helps many people with MCAS. And it can reprogramme your limbic system to tell it that there is no threat from ejaculation.

Lots of things can cross wire (cause dysfunction) the limbic system whether its a virus, infecton, trauma, injury in body or brain so this limbic system gets stuck and starts producing symptoms for every sign of threat because your brain is scared of getting injured again.

I saw one or two people mention they are doing DNRS and never came back to the forum, my guess is that they cured.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 08:39:00 AM by Iwillbeatthis »

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 08:43:08 AM »
Here are limbic system trauma loops (pathways of the past)

1. Focusing on pain or body checking
2. Scanning your environment
3. Fortune telling
4. Obsessing about fear (of chemicals, fatigue, pain, anxiety)
5. Mood changes
6. Negative thinking patterns
7. Negative self dialogue
8. Believing that you cannot change or succeed because your illness is worse, not as bad or different.
9. Lack of self-love
10. Living by your feelings
11. Addictive behaviors
12. Being the Expert or comparing this program with other information.
13. Blaming
14. Justifying
15. Complaining
16. Over Analyzing – spending too much time asking “why?”
17. Stuck in the past
18. Comparing your results to others
19. Defining your self through the perspective of illness or symptoms.
20. Procrastination
21. Needing to be in control
22. Rushing
23. Perfectionist tendencies
24. Confusion and indecision
25. “Yeah, but…”
26. Over responsibility for others
27. Going back to old behaviors that don’t help

The expression of this impairment can be unique to each individual. When we are in this looping system our energy is consumed with our internal physical environment, the external environment around us and revisiting past trauma or forecasting future trauma. We are constantly on the lookout for potential threats that seem to be causing symptoms.

You may also notice that you are consumed by body symptoms and that you carefully plan where you go and how you can avoid the triggers that seem to cause the symptoms. Or you are concerned about how you will manage with such little energy. Or maybe you spend much of your waking hours trying various ways to find physical comfort and alleviate chronic pain that you may be experiencing. You also may find that you have repeating negative thought patterns that are filled with worry, anxiety or fear. You may find that you are emotionally over reactive or perhaps you may experience unwarranted and extreme mood swings.

When you are in a limbic system trauma loop it is common to experience feelings of dread, worry, panic, fear, anger, resentment, anxiety, hopelessness or sadness. And when you are in this state, it is easy to understand that coping behaviors like isolation or avoidance go hand in hand with a limbic system trauma loop.

However, what we need to realize is that the resulting repetitive thoughts, feelings and behaviors are all symptoms of the loop itself. When we choose to entertain these patterns it can also perpetuate the loop.

The key to shifting out of a limbic system trauma loop is to bring our focus of attention inward. We need to move our focus away from physical, psychological and emotional symptoms and step into the curious and loving observer of self. It is in this unique human reflective ability that we have the power to harness brain function. In this state we can examine how our repetitive thoughts, feelings and behaviors may be sustaining and contributing to this cycle.

With this new understanding we can consciously choose to think, feel and behave in ways that will change our brain patterns and interrupt the limbic system trauma loop. This supports us in taking charge of our health and moving forward in life.

Recognizing your unique patterns represents the first step in rewiring your limbic system. Your ability to be the observer will help you to distance yourself emotionally and assist you in thinking, feeling and behaving in ways that are greater than your reactions or symptoms.

“Through your conscious awareness and ability to re-label the symptoms, you are engaging in the process of changing the neural connections in your brain.”
Due to cross wiring in the limbic system from trauma, the body is automatically reacting in a survival mechanism before the brain can consciously filter the incoming sensory information. This negative stimulus reaction pattern becomes unconscious.

Please keep in mind that your limbic system is like a 3 year old and is looking for both verbal (language and talking about symptoms) and non-verbal cues (body language, etc) and is eavesdropping on every internal or spoken conversation you might be having, searching for evidence to support a “flight or fight” state. This part of your brain is very primitive and will follow your guidance as you consciously choose to lead it into a healthy and relaxed state.

Thus, rewiring your limbic system is, in some ways, akin to defying gravity.

As you learn to disengage from this unconscious reaction you are inhibiting the neural pathways that constantly over stimulate the protective mechanism in the limbic system.
As you learn to repetitively think, feel and behave in ways that are greater than the trigger and reactions you are weakening the response to the stimulus.
In this process you are slowing down or preventing the body’s internal chemical reaction to the trigger, which suppresses or blocks the body’s reaction.
Through specific, focused attention you are keeping your internal chemistry greater than the external cues.
You are building new neuronal pathways to the prefrontal cortex (area for higher learning)
With a greater understanding of this unconscious reaction you engage the frontal cortex in the brain. In your ability to discern and examine sensory input, rather than automatically react to it, you are reinforcing new healthy pathways in the brain.

The ability to think beyond alert messages and symptoms is mandatory in rewiring limbic system function.

nipois

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 08:44:57 AM »
That's an excellent start if you are familiar with Sarno's work. I also started my journey by reading about Sarno. That's how I discovered TMS in the first place.
What I posted is, however, the updated stuff. The more modern interpretation. You will find that it's not exactly the same even though it builds on Sarno's basic work. Reading and practicing the program I've posted is what really changed everything.

So even though you know about TMS and Sarno I would still recommend giving the program I posted a go.

I hope it'll help you.
bye

Danmh

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2021, 09:10:12 AM »
Thanks for the answer, nipois. Crossing my fingers and giving it a go. My POIS-symptoms don't include any physical pain, but I guess the mechanism can be the same for other physical symptoms and cognitive symptoms.

Journey

• MM group
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2021, 09:17:16 AM »
Here are limbic system trauma loops (pathways of the past)

1. Focusing on pain or body checking
2. Scanning your environment
3. Fortune telling
4. Obsessing about fear (of chemicals, fatigue, pain, anxiety)
5. Mood changes
6. Negative thinking patterns
7. Negative self dialogue
8. Believing that you cannot change or succeed because your illness is worse, not as bad or different.
9. Lack of self-love
10. Living by your feelings
11. Addictive behaviors
12. Being the Expert or comparing this program with other information.
13. Blaming
14. Justifying
15. Complaining
16. Over Analyzing – spending too much time asking “why?”
17. Stuck in the past
18. Comparing your results to others
19. Defining your self through the perspective of illness or symptoms.
20. Procrastination
21. Needing to be in control
22. Rushing
23. Perfectionist tendencies
24. Confusion and indecision
25. “Yeah, but…”
26. Over responsibility for others
27. Going back to old behaviors that don’t help

The expression of this impairment can be unique to each individual. When we are in this looping system our energy is consumed with our internal physical environment, the external environment around us and revisiting past trauma or forecasting future trauma. We are constantly on the lookout for potential threats that seem to be causing symptoms.

You may also notice that you are consumed by body symptoms and that you carefully plan where you go and how you can avoid the triggers that seem to cause the symptoms. Or you are concerned about how you will manage with such little energy. Or maybe you spend much of your waking hours trying various ways to find physical comfort and alleviate chronic pain that you may be experiencing. You also may find that you have repeating negative thought patterns that are filled with worry, anxiety or fear. You may find that you are emotionally over reactive or perhaps you may experience unwarranted and extreme mood swings.

When you are in a limbic system trauma loop it is common to experience feelings of dread, worry, panic, fear, anger, resentment, anxiety, hopelessness or sadness. And when you are in this state, it is easy to understand that coping behaviors like isolation or avoidance go hand in hand with a limbic system trauma loop.

However, what we need to realize is that the resulting repetitive thoughts, feelings and behaviors are all symptoms of the loop itself. When we choose to entertain these patterns it can also perpetuate the loop.

The key to shifting out of a limbic system trauma loop is to bring our focus of attention inward. We need to move our focus away from physical, psychological and emotional symptoms and step into the curious and loving observer of self. It is in this unique human reflective ability that we have the power to harness brain function. In this state we can examine how our repetitive thoughts, feelings and behaviors may be sustaining and contributing to this cycle.

With this new understanding we can consciously choose to think, feel and behave in ways that will change our brain patterns and interrupt the limbic system trauma loop. This supports us in taking charge of our health and moving forward in life.

Recognizing your unique patterns represents the first step in rewiring your limbic system. Your ability to be the observer will help you to distance yourself emotionally and assist you in thinking, feeling and behaving in ways that are greater than your reactions or symptoms.

“Through your conscious awareness and ability to re-label the symptoms, you are engaging in the process of changing the neural connections in your brain.”
Due to cross wiring in the limbic system from trauma, the body is automatically reacting in a survival mechanism before the brain can consciously filter the incoming sensory information. This negative stimulus reaction pattern becomes unconscious.

Please keep in mind that your limbic system is like a 3 year old and is looking for both verbal (language and talking about symptoms) and non-verbal cues (body language, etc) and is eavesdropping on every internal or spoken conversation you might be having, searching for evidence to support a “flight or fight” state. This part of your brain is very primitive and will follow your guidance as you consciously choose to lead it into a healthy and relaxed state.

Thus, rewiring your limbic system is, in some ways, akin to defying gravity.

As you learn to disengage from this unconscious reaction you are inhibiting the neural pathways that constantly over stimulate the protective mechanism in the limbic system.
As you learn to repetitively think, feel and behave in ways that are greater than the trigger and reactions you are weakening the response to the stimulus.
In this process you are slowing down or preventing the body’s internal chemical reaction to the trigger, which suppresses or blocks the body’s reaction.
Through specific, focused attention you are keeping your internal chemistry greater than the external cues.
You are building new neuronal pathways to the prefrontal cortex (area for higher learning)
With a greater understanding of this unconscious reaction you engage the frontal cortex in the brain. In your ability to discern and examine sensory input, rather than automatically react to it, you are reinforcing new healthy pathways in the brain.

The ability to think beyond alert messages and symptoms is mandatory in rewiring limbic system function.
I practically match almost all of those signs

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2021, 09:34:05 AM »
I practically match almost all of those signs

Yeah sounds like you should do the DNRS programme lol. You're supposed to do the exercise I explained earlier to stop and redirect these 27 pathways of the past if you catch youself doing one of them.

lw

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2022, 04:28:05 PM »
This course is also helping me a lot, honestly