Author Topic: Struggling with POIS misery  (Read 2355 times)

starfleet

Struggling with POIS misery
« on: January 06, 2021, 02:31:26 PM »
I have really had enough of POIS. I have tried my best to avoid accepting it - I have had numerous tests and looked into other illnesses, all of which come back "normal", with the only thing that gives me any relief for my symptoms being abstinence from orgasm.

My symptoms are fatigue, brain fog, bowel problems, hand eczema and facial flushing. My symptoms usually appear the next day. The only thing that gives me some (but not complete) relief is abstinence from orgasm, but I really struggle to stay abstinent.

I have tried the niacin approach - no difference.

I have looked into hormones - testosterone, prolactin, etc. came back normal.

I have looked into MCAS but Quercetin and antihistamines do not seem to be making much difference.

I feel like I am now at a point where I face either misery because I have to fend off the urge to orgasm (I struggle to abstain for more than a week) or misery if I do orgasm and have the effects of POIS.

Any recommendations?

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
Re: Struggling with POIS misery
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 03:07:00 PM »
Keep trying potential treatments check out the treatments list on this forum.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 07:37:00 PM »
Hi Starfleet, and welcome to the forum.
That all of your tests came back normal is always what happens with POIS sufferers, there is no objective test yet to diagnose it. 

For the possible relief method, be sure to take a look at https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.msg19448#msg19448 .  You will find there the POIS Types Chart and their possible relief method, currently 17 different methods that have been beneficial for different members.
I hope this will help !

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 03:09:59 PM »

I have looked into MCAS but Quercetin and antihistamines do not seem to be making much difference.

[..]
Any recommendations?

You can still try to boost testosterone and dopamin (vs prolactin) with supplements, I think it can help. No matter what the test says.

Antihistamine depends on timing and not all of them work for everyone (for me Loratadin works).

Also I think that you need to combine several treatments to get a "good enough" (>70%) relief.

My recommendation is to get a girl friend (or boy friend, I guess it doesn't matter) because sex-triggered orgasms have much less symptoms for a lot of people.

starfleet

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 04:42:06 PM »

[..]
Any recommendations?

You can still try to boost testosterone and dopamin (vs prolactin) with supplements, I think it can help. No matter what the test says.

Antihistamine depends on timing and not all of them work for everyone (for me Loratadin works).

Also I think that you need to combine several treatments to get a "good enough" (>70%) relief.

My recommendation is to get a girl friend (or boy friend, I guess it doesn't matter) because sex-triggered orgasms have much less symptoms for a lot of people.

Thanks - which supplements do you recommend for boosting testosterone and dopamine (vs prolactin)?