Author Topic: An introduction to Prospero's case  (Read 12740 times)

Prospero

Re: An introduction to Prospero's case
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2022, 08:30:50 AM »
Thank you for this suggestion.

Prospero

Re: An introduction to Prospero's case
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2022, 09:36:11 AM »
Apart from this, I'm beginning an antibiotic treatment for my streptococcus infection, will post any result.

Just an update on this: no change in POIS, and I have done a new lab test some time after the 3-weeks treatment with beta-lactam antibiotic Cefixime. Infection with Streptococcus Anginosus was not detected in the sperm but abnormal "polymicrobial flora" was still there, so my urologist prescribed me a new 2-weeks treatment with Ofloxacin, a fluoroquinolone.
I'm somewhat reluctant as there are frequent problems with this kind of antibiotic (including with people here) but - well, I also need to get rid of these bacteria.

Another point: I've re-tried zinc supplementation after antibiotic use, this winter. Contrarily to my former trials, I got just a little POIS-fatigue symptoms and glans penis inflammation the first day and then it vanished (usually it would trigger tachycardia & big fatigue, and I could not bear it past the third day). I took it 10 days without problem, however my post-orgasmic symptoms seemed stronger (codeine and paracetamol didn't shut them down this time).

I'm taking zinc anew these days, it didn't trigger anything either, my mood even improved (probably due to the effect on serotonin), I'm also a bit less easily aroused sexually and pre-cum doesn't drop so quickly (arguably for the same reason, or is there a glutamate connection?), and post-sexual arousal symptoms seem to have dramatically weakened (I'm even wondering if I got any of them - maybe some mild pelvic pain). However my tachycardia episodes when falling asleep and/or waking up increased so I discontinued zinc for a few days.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 01:11:28 PM by Prospero »