Author Topic: What do you think is the POIS mechanism of action?  (Read 2153 times)

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
What do you think is the POIS mechanism of action?
« on: January 04, 2021, 08:49:43 AM »
What do you think is the POIS mechanism action that triggers all of those negative symptoms and how exactly do you think it does that and why and what could have caused it to appear there in the first place?

Danmh

Re: What do you think is the POIS mechanism of action?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 04:01:32 PM »
In my experience it behaves like a contact allergy. If semen gets into contact with my skin, the symptoms trigger. I tried storing some semen in a plastic bag for some days till I was sure that I would know if POIS was triggered again, and when I smeared some on my fingers the symptoms activated. Later I tried smearing some on my feet and that triggered it as well. Lastly I tried smearing it on my penis and that also activated it.

It seems, however, that the symptoms does not get triggered, when the semen is only in contact with the gland and the part of my dick that is normally covered by foreskin. This means that if I am very careful (and a bit lucky) I can masturbate and ejaculate without triggering POIS by using loads of paper towels.

POIS1982

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 01:39:43 AM »
What do you think is the POIS mechanism action that triggers all of those negative symptoms and how exactly do you think it does that and why and what could have caused it to appear there in the first place?

In my experience I believe it was to do with my mood and enviroment I was living in at the time at the age of 14 ( hormones running riot)when I first starting to O. stress can be a big strain on your mental and physical well being, and going by the science of brain activity after O I think there is a connection. I'm not sure it's a lack of testosterone or nutrients anymore but a way the brain has been set to a default position.

Journey

• MM group
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 04:41:43 AM »

In my experience I believe it was to do with my mood and enviroment I was living in at the time at the age of 14 ( hormones running riot)when I first starting to O. stress can be a big strain on your mental and physical well being, and going by the science of brain activity after O I think there is a connection. I'm not sure it's a lack of testosterone or nutrients anymore but a way the brain has been set to a default position.
So you think that growing up in a psychologically not as good environment while orgasming could rewire something in the brain resulting in an abnormal response to it which is the POIS and even when the environment improves the brain / limbic system / nervous system could still be miswired in such a way that the Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome occurs, I think it might have been possible because I probably have some form of Asperger's so growing up I did not about it so probably had more confusion and such due to not understanding why I seemed to be different which might have impacted the brain/nervous system in some way and perhaps the limbic system somehow rewired it's response to orgasming since I started masturbating quite early I feel like when I was younger there was some time where I felt like I still could like change some of my subconscious thought patterns and such as if some gate were still open but then after some while I feel like it closed up so maybe it might have been related to POIS perhaps the body developed a different kind of brain and neurological wiring response to orgasming and all the sexual activities in the general from bullying and overall confusion by having a possible undiagnosed Asperger's syndrome and such etc.

POIS1982

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 03:44:19 PM »
Yes my theory is that it could be a mis wiring along the way which in turn affects
The whole nervous system response. They say your teenager years are where you are trying to find your feet. There are some people on here though that have developed pois in there later years which i find very interesting.

VSmasher

• Kratom helps my POIS
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 09:47:22 PM »
I think POIS is cause by downregulation of GABAa receptors with the alpha3 subunits.
My POIS Symptoms:  Brain Fog, frustration, stuffed nose, anger, anxiety, intense hunger, low self esteem, swollen face, and feel zoned out.

Journey

• MM group
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 01:42:20 PM »
I think POIS is cause by downregulation of GABAa receptors with the alpha3 subunits.
What could cure it?

VSmasher

• Kratom helps my POIS
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2021, 06:51:00 PM »
What could cure it?

Maybe upregulation of GabaA receptors.
My POIS Symptoms:  Brain Fog, frustration, stuffed nose, anger, anxiety, intense hunger, low self esteem, swollen face, and feel zoned out.