Author Topic: Re: Covid vaccine and POIS  (Read 26157 times)

Aladin

Re: Covid vaccin and POIS
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2021, 04:41:11 AM »
Can this remain a POIS forum? There are plenty of forums online for covid discussions...

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2021, 05:12:48 AM »
Can this remain a POIS forum? There are plenty of forums online for covid discussions...

Fine, I will leave it at that. Don't tell me later that I didn't warn you guys.

Unvers

« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2021, 10:14:13 PM »
So the people with the POIS who vaccinated had some problems or not? From the few posts I have read it seems that it has improved.

Drew1312

« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2021, 03:08:08 PM »
So the people with the POIS who vaccinated had some problems or not? From the few posts I have read it seems that it has improved.
Being  absurd here, let s say they die  cause of vaccine, if they do, we wouldn t know

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2021, 12:33:40 AM »
Being  absurd here, let s say they die  cause of vaccine, if they do, we wouldn t know

I certainly didn't die, although I am probably not the best reference as I also got through covid-19 itself relatively easily. However it will take another month before I can say anything for certain.
Another problem is that my mother just had to bake a delicious cake that massively induces my POIS right on the day of the vaccination. I also took a lot of efficient POIS medication, as I had exhaustive work on the following days. The next day I developed a headache with some feverishness during work, but this happens from time to time with POIS as well. A good sleep can always resolve this issue and it did so this time too.
I think there may be a possibility that I have actually spoiled the effects of the vaccine with the POIS medication I use, so next time (second shot) I will try to avoid taking them for a few days. However nowadays I do a lot of work and I can't even go on sickness leave, so I can't guarantee I will be able to do so.
I haven't noticed any change in POIS so far, although I had an O a few days ago with only weak symptoms, but I also tried some new supplement and it is not clear which of them was responsible.
There was a time when I was somewhat against the vaccine, but now I think it is still better to take it than to get through covid-19 without it. Even though the infection was not very severe for me, I still partially lost my sense of taste and smell and it doesn't look like it will recover. This way I may not even experience the true pleasure of a woman anymore. :D
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

Aladin

« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2021, 03:11:10 PM »
I got my Astra Zeneca, got sick after 6 hours and after another 6 hours all back to normal. 
I don't believe POIS-ers are more at risk then the general population.
Glad i did it !

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2021, 12:11:00 AM »
I got my Astra Zeneca, got sick after 6 hours and after another 6 hours all back to normal. 
I don't believe POIS-ers are more at risk then the general population.
Glad i did it !

Good for you!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Disaster

« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2021, 08:51:59 PM »
That's an important topic. I am also pro-vaccine and would want to take one, but I share your concerns as well. I asked an immunologist some months ago and she said that if the blood markers show no systemic autoimmune disease (as they do in my case), she would not be worried about me getting "a" vaccine (there were no concrete ones on the table then). I should see this immunologist again now that more is known about the specifics of the different vaccines. But since I am in my 30's and job allows home office, I would be among the last ones in order, so this issue is not pressing for me at the moment.

Unfortunately a lot of doctors, even rheumatologist, are very ignorant about autoimmune testing. About 50% of all autoimmune disease patients have 0 positive antibodies including ANA or specific ones to their disease. I am living proof of that. It?s called being seronegative. But we know I and others that are diagnosed have it because they do specific tests in each disease for seronegative. In my disease they do a special nuclear scan and biopsy for the diagnosis. Each disease has it?s own seronegative criteria, but your doctor is 100% wrong. I wish doctors that say false information like that to patients would suffer a suspension in their license, they should know better.

As regard to Covid almost all Autoimmune people are being advised to get the vaccine because the infection could have worse consequences then triggering a flare. Usually people are having more reaction on the 2nd dose. The 1st dose could build enough antibodies for up to 80% protection some studies have shown.
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.

demografx

• Administrator
Re: Covid vaccine and POIS
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2021, 08:59:57 PM »
After my 2nd Pfizer COVID shot, I had POIS (unrelated to the vaccine - - just the “normal” POIS-as-usual reaction) - - a few days later.

Is it possible that having had my POIS episode so close to vaccination - - could have hurt my COVID immunity somewhat?

Any thoughts?
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Disaster

« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2021, 05:11:12 AM »
After my 2nd Pfizer COVID shot, I had POIS (unrelated to the vaccine - - just the “normal” POIS-as-usual reaction) - - a few days later.

Is it possible that having had my POIS episode so close to vaccination - - could have hurt my COVID immunity somewhat?

Any thoughts?

You could get the Spike Protein teat that will tell you how many antibodies the vaccine created for you. I have Common Variable Immune Deficiency, specifically Low IgG Sublasses 1 and 3. A lot of people have it that do not know it because it is not a routine test and anyway doctors tend to not know much about it except for certain Allergy/Immunologist. It can cause the person not to make a strong vaccine antibody response.  Everyones immune system is unique. That?s why when people get the flu shot they can still get the flu 1 month later even the strain they got the shot for because their antibodies didn?t last. The Spike Protein antibody test is a simple blood test and worth getting. People who take certain immunosuppressives, ex transplant patients and chemo patients, ect... are finding they need 3 shots to make antibodies or else they still might not make antibodies. In those cases certain other treatments might help but that is too complicated to get into here.. Hope that answers your question
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2021, 10:06:10 AM »
Thank you, Disaster.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2021, 03:00:27 PM »

You could get the Spike Protein test that will tell you how many antibodies the vaccine created for you.

From my primary care physician:

Hi Demo,

Hope you are doing well.

In general, I have not been ordering Spike protein antibody tests for my patients,
we [a huge University medical system - Demo] do not offer that specific test and there are no clear guidelines on receiving a 2nd round of Covid 19 vaccination if a spike protein test were negative.

That being said, I had some colleagues who found out that Labcorp is offering spike protein testing to patients, I believe there might be a $20 fee for having it done, and you would need to go to a local labcorp location to have the blood draw done. More info on the link below if you are interested.

https://patient.labcorp.com/covid-19-antibody-test

Best,
[my M.D.]

Disaster -
I might give Labcorp a shot.
Thanks again.
Demo
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 08:31:28 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2021, 06:02:29 PM »

You could get the Spike Protein test that will tell you how many antibodies the vaccine created for you.

I took the test @ Labcorp today! Results in
3-5 days. The nurse said it’s *possible* (not guaranteed…AND with further research) that I could eventually find out if my POIS episode after vaccination affected my immunity!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2021, 06:46:52 PM »

I took the test @ Labcorp today! Results in
3-5 days. The nurse said it’s *possible* (not guaranteed…AND with further research) that I could eventually find out if my POIS episode after vaccination affected my immunity!

For anyone who wants to know more:
From Labcorp:

Test Details

Use
Qualitative and semi-quantitative detection of antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 spike protein receptor binding domain (RBD). Aid in identifying individuals with an adaptive immune response to SARS-CoV-2, indicating recent or prior infection. At this time it is unknown how long antibodies persist following infection and if the presence of antibodies confers protective immunity. The performance of this test has not been established in individuals that have received a COVID-19 vaccine. The clinical significance of a positive or negative antibody result following COVID-19 vaccination has not been established and the result from this test should not be interpreted as an indication or degree of protection from infection after vaccination.

Limitations
This test should not be used to diagnose or exclude acute SARS-CoV-2 infection. The results should always be assessed in conjunction with patient's medical history, clinical presentation, and other findings. A negative test result does not rule out the possibility of an infection with SARS-CoV-2. Serum or plasma samples from the very early (pre-seroconversion) phase can yield negative findings. Therefore, this test cannot be used to diagnose an acutei nfection. It has also been reported that certain patients with confirmed infection do not develop SARS-CoV-2 antibodies. Furthermore, waning of antibody titers has been reported in some individuals within a range of months after infection, a feature which has also been reported for other coronaviruses.

This test has not been FDA cleared or approved. This test has been authorized by FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). This test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances existj ustifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner. This test has been authorized only for detecting the presence of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens.

Methodology
Electrochemiluminescence Immunoassay (ECLIA)

Additional Information
FDA-authorized Fact sheets for patients and providers canbe accessed at the following link: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/emergency-situations-medical-devices/emergency-use-authorizations#covid19ivd
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 07:53:03 PM by demografx »

peiguy

« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2021, 12:52:53 PM »
I am pro-vaccine.

I had my first short of Astrozeneca in mid April.  I will be getting a second shot in mid July, 12 weeks.  It will be Moderna this time. 

13 hours after my shot I had my AZ shot side effects, fever, chills, fatigue.  That lifted 36 hours later.

Whenever I masturbate to orgasm [longtime sexless marriage] I have waves of nausea, weakness, dizziness etc. post ejaculation.

I have had this for many years, but its got worse after the AZ shot.  It would also be worse in the past after a bad cold, the flu etc.

Saw my family doctor, she did a DRE and put me back on Rapaflo.  I had been on Rapaflo in the past, main side effect is that I am unable to ejaculate.

Now when I masturbate I have a muted dry orgasm and no POIS symptoms.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 01:04:41 PM by peiguy »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2021, 07:13:33 PM »

I am pro-vaccine.

Welcome to the Club! :)

(But not everyone here is “pro” :) )
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 09:50:24 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2021, 02:48:30 AM »
Cross-posted in Admin Corner
*** UPDATED DAILY ***
…never trust the media
Useful COVID info...which cuts through the confusion and contradictions you find in mainstream media.
www.brief19.com

« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 03:19:17 AM by demografx »

Clues

« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2021, 02:58:44 AM »
This is a POIS forum. I suggest we keep the discussion focused on aspects of Covid-19 that pertain to POIS.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2021, 03:02:25 AM »
True, Clues, but when someone brings up a current
life or death issue, including vaccination (or suicide as another example),  I feel strongly about responding.

Once.

So, you’re right, let’s move on!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 03:23:17 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2021, 03:10:58 AM »

I can give people a short summary of what is going on for those who are interested but not with the aim to convince people.

Tell me which pill you want to take.

I agree with Clues. If this is not POIS-related, please do not re-post in original sizing.

We already have one negative & one positive commentary today related to POIS-unrelated-vaccination.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 03:15:14 AM by demografx »