General Category > General POIS Discussions

Re: Covid vaccine and POIS

<< < (20/23) > >>

demografx:

--- Quote from: Disaster on June 08, 2021, 05:11:12 AM ---
You could get the Spike Protein test that will tell you how many antibodies the vaccine created for you.

--- End quote ---

I took the test @ Labcorp today! Results in
3-5 days. The nurse said it’s *possible* (not guaranteed…AND with further research) that I could eventually find out if my POIS episode after vaccination affected my immunity!

demografx:

--- Quote from: demografx on June 10, 2021, 06:02:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: Disaster on June 08, 2021, 05:11:12 AM ---
You could get the Spike Protein test that will tell you how many antibodies the vaccine created for you.

--- End quote ---

I took the test @ Labcorp today! Results in
3-5 days. The nurse said it’s *possible* (not guaranteed…AND with further research) that I could eventually find out if my POIS episode after vaccination affected my immunity!

--- End quote ---

For anyone who wants to know more:
From Labcorp:

Test Details

Use
Qualitative and semi-quantitative detection of antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 spike protein receptor binding domain (RBD). Aid in identifying individuals with an adaptive immune response to SARS-CoV-2, indicating recent or prior infection. At this time it is unknown how long antibodies persist following infection and if the presence of antibodies confers protective immunity. The performance of this test has not been established in individuals that have received a COVID-19 vaccine. The clinical significance of a positive or negative antibody result following COVID-19 vaccination has not been established and the result from this test should not be interpreted as an indication or degree of protection from infection after vaccination.

Limitations
This test should not be used to diagnose or exclude acute SARS-CoV-2 infection. The results should always be assessed in conjunction with patient's medical history, clinical presentation, and other findings. A negative test result does not rule out the possibility of an infection with SARS-CoV-2. Serum or plasma samples from the very early (pre-seroconversion) phase can yield negative findings. Therefore, this test cannot be used to diagnose an acutei nfection. It has also been reported that certain patients with confirmed infection do not develop SARS-CoV-2 antibodies. Furthermore, waning of antibody titers has been reported in some individuals within a range of months after infection, a feature which has also been reported for other coronaviruses.

This test has not been FDA cleared or approved. This test has been authorized by FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). This test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances existj ustifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner. This test has been authorized only for detecting the presence of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens.

Methodology
Electrochemiluminescence Immunoassay (ECLIA)

Additional Information
FDA-authorized Fact sheets for patients and providers canbe accessed at the following link: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/emergency-situations-medical-devices/emergency-use-authorizations#covid19ivd

peiguy:
I am pro-vaccine.

I had my first short of Astrozeneca in mid April.  I will be getting a second shot in mid July, 12 weeks.  It will be Moderna this time. 

13 hours after my shot I had my AZ shot side effects, fever, chills, fatigue.  That lifted 36 hours later.

Whenever I masturbate to orgasm [longtime sexless marriage] I have waves of nausea, weakness, dizziness etc. post ejaculation.

I have had this for many years, but its got worse after the AZ shot.  It would also be worse in the past after a bad cold, the flu etc.

Saw my family doctor, she did a DRE and put me back on Rapaflo.  I had been on Rapaflo in the past, main side effect is that I am unable to ejaculate.

Now when I masturbate I have a muted dry orgasm and no POIS symptoms.

demografx:

--- Quote from: peiguy on June 14, 2021, 12:52:53 PM ---
I am pro-vaccine.

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the Club! :)

(But not everyone here is “pro” :) )

demografx:
Cross-posted in Admin Corner
*** UPDATED DAILY ***

--- Quote from: mike_sweden on June 17, 2021, 12:36:26 AM ---…never trust the media

--- End quote ---
Useful COVID info...which cuts through the confusion and contradictions you find in mainstream media.
www.brief19.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version