General Category > General POIS Discussions

Re: Covid vaccine and POIS

<< < (2/23) > >>

Journey:
Yeah that could be possible because when I was sick with the cold I had zero POIS but then the question is what kind of virus or pathogen or whatever it is that causes POIS and through what mechanism it does that, are the POIS symptoms simply the symptoms of that virus being activated or it alters and changes something else temporarily too that causes the POIS symptoms and also in which part of the body it is latent then and how many people have it too but do not have POIS and if so then what is making POISers always have it reactivated unless under immunostimulatory circumstances, is it some allergen or differences in hormones or gut health or something else that makes it so that whenever we the POISers orgasm or have any others symptom triggers that the body can not fully contain it because the thing is in the general I get sick rarely but if this theory is true and that is what causes the POIS then why exactly body has troubles with keeping under control this specific virus pathogen?

Vandemolen:

--- Quote from: Gabin on January 07, 2021, 08:00:32 AM ---Hello guys, some feedback after getting 1st shot of Sputnik V vaccine yesterday in Moscow, Russia: I had chills and mild fever overnight which was alleviated with paracetamol, now some residual fatigue left, doctors warned that it may last a couple of days. They also told that the more acute the body reaction is - the more antibodies are subsequently produced. Second vaccine shot must be done in three weeks.

But what?s curious in relation to POIS and has already been pointed out before by other forum members: prior to vaccination I was still in the middle of POIS cycle (2-3 days after last O, normally lasts 7+ days for me) and after getting the vaccine and feeling first side effects I have simultaneously felt POIS symptoms to diminish (muscle pains and tension decreasing, brain fog subsiding except for the fever effect). So another case confirming that while being ill and having our immune systems boosted helps get rid of POIS. It goes contrary with Waldinger?s auto-immune theory as amplification of immune reaction obviously helps us battling POIS, rather than as it was assumed by Professor that immune system attacks our own body.

Assuming this being not just mere coincidence of our conditions improving following immune system boost it poses a question: is POIS a dormant infection or virus that gets activated following O that normally doesn?t trigger activation of our immune systems?

--- End quote ---
Wow you already had a covid vaccine. I might have to wait until May or June. I think that you feeling beter in POIS after the shot does not contradict the auto immune theory. Because when you get the vaccine your immune system will get triggered and maybe focussed on the vaccine. So the reaction after an O is weaker.

I am also curious if the mRNE technique can be used for a medicine for POIS.

Mushnikk:
I received the BionTech vaccine a couple of days ago. No negative effects so far. As far as POIS is concernced I would be much more corncerned about suffering long-term damage from Covid (like post-viral fatigue) for a vulnerable population like us than the unlikely side effects from the vaccine.

berlin1984:
Nice, do you work in healthcare or how were you allowed to be vaccinated?

I'm eagerly hopeing I can get the vaccination.

I'm also not interested in adding post viral fatigue (a subset of CFS) to my symptom list.
https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2020/05/22/covid-19-omf-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-study/

( ^ this is assuming that POIS is not post viral fatigue but maybe some kind of bacterial induced fatigue )

Mushnikk:

--- Quote from: berlin1984 on January 08, 2021, 03:00:59 PM ---Nice, do you work in healthcare or how were you allowed to be vaccinated?

I'm eagerly hopeing I can get the vaccination.

I'm also not interested in adding post viral fatigue (a subset of CFS) to my symptom list.
https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2020/05/22/covid-19-omf-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-study/

( ^ this is assuming that POIS is not post viral fatigue but maybe some kind of bacterial induced fatigue )

--- End quote ---

Yes, I work at a hospital...(that is why I see every day that Covid is not a fraud, mike_sweden.  ::) )
mod note: thank you, Mushnikk!

Oh, you are right, some good may come out of the Covid! Also other applications for mRNA vaccines, perhaps against viruses we might be afflicted with. Which I believe to be an factor in my case at least)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version