Author Topic: Exercise intolerance - please help  (Read 10451 times)

mike_sweden

Re: Exercise intolerance - please help
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2021, 10:43:19 AM »
when you exercise, try to breath through mouth and not nose, it makes a lot of a difference for me

i must remember myself to breath through mouth and its annoying, but it helps a lot

it should of course not be like that but please give it a try

my nose is clogged and i think it strains my body significantly

takedrugstoletgo

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2021, 07:31:21 AM »
I have no advice but i have the same problem with exercise intolerance. Usually intense exercise triggers POIS for me and i feel extremely tired for days after exercising with tachycardia & flu like symptoms. It sounds like PEM (post exertional malaise) which is also common in CFS, dysautonomia etc.

Aladin

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2021, 08:20:43 AM »
I have the same experience, but mainly when I start sporting after a while not having done much or after overdoing it. I think it must have to do with an inflammatory response that triggers POIS...
Generally, sport helps me to feel good.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2021, 05:27:20 PM »
Reduced tolerance of exercise in fibromyalgia may be a consequence of impaired microcirculation initiated by deficient action of nitric oxide

"The cycle is firstly initiated decrease of production of nitric oxide in the endothelial level by some trigger factors."

Exercise and the Nitric Oxide Vasodilator System

The tachycardia seems to indicate higher sympathetic activity. There could be something wrong with adrenergic or nitrergic tone. VEGF/histamine or other inflammatory substances could lead to vasodilation, the body could counter this by increasing sympathetic tone. The first paper talks about the reverse, as in reduction of the latter.

Quantum talks about a "sympathetic system high"...idk, I had those as well  in the past and it's different. It lacks some sort of response in tone.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 05:49:14 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2021, 04:22:42 PM »
Exercise-->Unknown source (Mast cells can release this)--> ^Mitochondrial DNA-->Microglia--->^IL-1b

Exosome-associated Mitochondrial DNA is Elevated in Patients with ME/CFS and Stimulates Human Cultured Microglia to Secrete IL-1b
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 05:23:12 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2021, 09:26:12 AM »
Exercise-associated ROS (Reactive Oxygen species) production?

Does the Bleach trigger indicate that the body got problems with detoxification and thus having trouble with clearing exercise-induced ROS? Or cytokine ratios might be off, exercise affects these ratios.

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3721.0
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 09:55:51 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2021, 04:00:32 PM »

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2021, 03:38:55 PM »
There are lists of supplements on the internet that can help, e.g. creatine gives you a buffer so you can do more. Sodium bicarbonate is also mentioned.

Other interesting thing:
https://med.virginia.edu/ginutrition/wp-content/uploads/sites/199/2014/06/Parrish-March-17.pdf
Lactic Acidosis: A Lesser Known Side Effect of Thiamine Deficiency

Didi

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2022, 11:47:45 PM »
Me again.
My boyfriend who is Poiser has somehting like exercise intolerance. I am not very sure of the details of the symptoms caused by exercise. He used to go to the gym and do strength exercise. I think at his 20?s. He also likes running dancing and yoga. He develped Pois at 17 or 18. I do not know when exercise intolerance started. I think than whe he is not in POIs he is better at exercise. He thouhth that it was lactic acid accumulation. I do not know if there is a threshold of exercise that causes that stress.
I hope that with Testosterone tratment the exercise intolerance improves because he loves being fit and he want to change his career to yoga teacher.

mike_sweden

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2023, 02:45:41 PM »
exercise intolerance can be food intolerance/allergy

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2023, 04:21:03 PM »
Orgasm increases NK cells: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2695.msg32199#msg32199

I just saw this: Exercise Triggers Major Immune System Letdown in ME/CFS.
https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2023/06/17/exercise-immune-system-letdown-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/

NK cells increase in blood during exercise in healthy controls but not in ME/CFS patients. NK cell response may not work in POISers with exercise induced POIS symptoms, that is, they do not increase upon orgasm nor during exercise.

gzbking

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2023, 02:37:37 PM »
Hello! It's been a few months since I was active in this forum, but most people probably don't know me anyway, so I'll introduce myself. I'm a 24-year-old woman from Spain, and have been suffering from POIS since my early teens.

Until March, my POIS was well managed and tolerable, basically because I abstained from all sexual activity and exercised regularly, which for some reason improved my symptoms a lot.

However, due to covid, we started using bleach at home for general cleaning, and I developed some kind of reaction to it. It took me months to figure out that bleach was the cause, and it completely short-circuited everything in my body: I've had tachicardia, a continuous horrible feeling of shortness of breath,  dizziness, loss of appetite, fever... somehow, I know this is all related to POIS, because I'm not allergic to bleach.

My problem is, I've developed exercise intolerance. Now when I exercise, even if it's something as innocent as a little bit of running or a few push-ups, I get headaches, fever and loss of appetite. My question is, to those of you who have exercise intolerance due to POIS, have any of you recovered from it? I'm completely heartbroken and feel like my life has been torn to pieces. I love sports with all my soul and now my greatest source of happiness in life has been ripped away from me. I need to know there's some hope, I don't know what to do. I'm immensely sad and lost.

Please, help me! :(

try using iron suppliments