Author Topic: POIS and tendency towards lean/thin/skinny/underweight physique?  (Read 7861 times)

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
POIS and tendency towards lean/thin/skinny/underweight physique?
« on: November 23, 2020, 09:40:01 AM »
Has anyone else their whole life had a tendency towards lean/thin/skinny/underweight physique and body mass? I was almost always the thinnest out of all of my peers and friends and people in the general although never sickly either nor have had any negative symptoms due to that I'm 63kg and 190cm tall and my weight is the same since 16 and I'm 19 now even if I eat more than usual I don't see weight gain and in general, my appetite gets satiated quickly before I even eat more than the calculated caloric expenditure of mine is like the hunger signal disappears fast and my stomach feels as it gets full and eating more doesn't feel that comfortable I have been this way appetite-wise always I simply felt as my taste buds got oversaturated and more food just didn't feel as satisfying as initially like I feel sort of nauseous and it doesn't taste as pleasurable after this and my possible Aspergers might make me more sensitive to tastes and sensory stimulus in the general which would explain why tastes always feel so strong and some foods are just hard for me to eat and perhaps my stomach isn't that huge either idk.

How do you think are you on thinner side too and have POIS?

In the general are most POISers skinnier?

Were you this way before POIS too?

takedrugstoletgo

Re: POIS and tendency towards lean/thin/skinny/underweight physique?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 12:55:19 PM »
Yep. It gets even worse the more often i have sex. I?m 5?9/5?10 or so (female) and weigh 120-125 pounds, no appetite most of the time and food doesn?t really taste that good anymore unfortunately. Even stuff i really used to enjoy i can?t eat anymore.

Ricardo Brasil

• My case report
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 12:03:55 AM »
I'm 24 years old, I'm 1.88 cm tall and currently weigh 67 kg.
The maximum I reached in weight was 72 kg when I was 19 years old. currently i started to get very weak after a short period without eating, so and by POIS, for about 4 months now i'm following a gluten and lactose free diet, and also focused on gaining muscle mass, in my life i had never eaten as much and as well as in the last 4 months, however, unfortunately I have had NO change in my weight. I am sad about it. I think I will go to the doctor to see if something is wrong with me.

Journey

• MM group
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 05:30:39 AM »
I'm 24 years old, I'm 1.88 cm tall and currently weigh 67 kg.
The maximum I reached in weight was 72 kg when I was 19 years old. currently i started to get very weak after a short period without eating, so and by POIS, for about 4 months now i'm following a gluten and lactose free diet, and also focused on gaining muscle mass, in my life i had never eaten as much and as well as in the last 4 months, however, unfortunately I have had NO change in my weight. I am sad about it. I think I will go to the doctor to see if something is wrong with me.
Same even eating more lately hasn't given any weight increase yet it's as if my body for some reason doesn't acquire extra mass and stays at this weight and doesn't go beyond this weight threshold even if I eat alot and sit home all the day I literally don't gain any fat or anything.

mike_sweden

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 05:25:42 PM »
i have slim body figure

pois disables nutrition uptake and hence gives slim figure and low muscle mass as result

Journey

• MM group
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 04:17:29 AM »
i have slim body figure

pois disables nutrition uptake and hence gives slim figure and low muscle mass as result
You sure that POIS disables nutrition uptake have you noticed mass gain when abstinent or this happen even when symptoms aren't trigerred like a background longterm body change?

mike_sweden

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 04:09:54 AM »
i sometimes have nocturnal emissions and this seems to reset all long term muscle mass gain

abstaining from orgasm gives me a better weight, but not completely as it should be

this i think is due to stress that elevates cortisol that kills testosterone and prevents muscle building

Journey

• MM group
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2020, 07:56:33 AM »
i sometimes have nocturnal emissions and this seems to reset all long term muscle mass gain

abstaining from orgasm gives me a better weight, but not completely as it should be

this i think is due to stress that elevates cortisol that kills testosterone and prevents muscle building
I too think that POIS lowers muscle gains despite working out all the time and eating.

takedrugstoletgo

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 03:29:17 PM »
+1 here for the low muscle mass despite working out a lot. Never been able to build much if any muscle, just skin and bones mainly.

IronFeather

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 08:48:41 AM »
I'm exactly the same. I'm a 25-year-old woman, 172 cm tall, and weigh 53 kg (117 lbs). I'm always hungry, according to everyone I know I eat enough to feed two large men, and I can't gain weight at all. Recently I've developed exercise intolerance as a result of exposure to bleach (it's a mystery), but when I went to martial arts classes and trained calisthenics, I barely gained any muscle mass even when I improved in strength, and POIS symptoms always seemed to set me back and make me lose at least 20% of the strength I had when the episode started. I feel like POIS makes us unable to use the nutrients in food properly for some reason.
26-year-old Spanish woman with POIS symptoms for the last 13 years.
Suffering from exercise intolerance since April 2020.
My case thread, with medical tests results.

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 05:29:54 PM »
I'm also tall and skinny and find it hard to put on weight I haven't seen another man with wrists as skinny as mine

Journey

• MM group
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2020, 06:11:03 PM »
I'm also tall and skinny and find it hard to put on weight I haven't seen another man with wrists as skinny as mine
My wrists are thin too have always been this way they maybe got slightly larger as I grew up and my mother too has that skinny type of physique.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2020, 10:57:10 AM »
Typical POIS physique in the Spanish dude from the video: Orgasm: The Trouble with Sex (POIS part) - ABC Documentary

It's nice to see Waldinger in the video.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2020, 06:21:28 PM »
Typical POIS physique in the Spanish dude from the video: Orgasm: The Trouble with Sex (POIS part) - ABC Documentary

It's nice to see Waldinger in the video.

“The Spanish dude” is Observer, our Moderator at POISCenter
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2020, 07:51:12 PM »
"Changes in body fat/mass index are accompanied by changes in leptin secretion. Leptin has not panned out as a weight-loss medication, since downstream tolerance develops to its continued administration. Leptin increases melanocortins and decreases agouti-related peptide (AgRP)."

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2021, 10:25:47 AM »
Low BMI, Body Weight Loss, Low Muscle Mass, Low Appetite and Gut Microbiota:

Targeting the Gut Microbiota to Treat Cachexia

Journey

• MM group
I kind of have low fat and muscle covering at least compared to many other people and even when I try to eat more it is like my body does not really respond to it and it has been this way my whole life

Also for some reason in POIS I get a lot more disrupted sleep so I am always less energetic the next day and therefore it is harder to work out without feeling like I am going to fall asleep soon

In the past while abstaining nocturnal emissions would disrupt my sleep resulting in underenergization so less energy for working out and also I would notice a loss of muscle mass gained previously whenever I had nocturnal emissions

jon1_reclaim

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2021, 09:07:13 AM »
Colostrum powder/liquid has helped me gain muscle in the past, and generally feel good when on it .. I would say it is worth a try if any wants to try too ...

Journey

• MM group
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2021, 01:35:27 PM »
High Histamine levels and High Serotonin levels both can cause lower appetite as well, I wonder if any POISers have noticed appetite decrease even further after supplementing 5-HTP and/or L-Histidine? If that happens it could signalize excess Histamine/Serotonin being the cause behind lower appetite and the underweightedness

Hadouken

• Recently realized I had POIS
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2021, 11:09:08 AM »
As soon as I get a POIS episode my stomach becomes upset. Food stop tasting good and feels heavy in the stomach. Stomach starts making weird noises which was never there before. I start getting gassy and stool smell bad. Insomnia follows as well as central sleep apnea, joint pains and random pains everywhere, also suicidal depression.
It seems like food absorption is atrocious for 10 days following an O, also no matter how much food I consume I  drop weight.
Recently I learned to cope with this Issue is to consume something similar to ?ensure? nutritional shake but without the lactose  and sugar. My current expensive  concoction is 2 scoops vega all in one shake, followed by soy milk (use any milk you can tolerate), 3 table spoons of walnut oil.
This will give you about 900 calories per drink. Drink one at 8 am and one later around 7, and in the time between id try to eat as high calorie as i can... surprisingly, popeye classic chicken sandwiches at 600 calories a piece is working so far. I know it?s not healthy but it?s working for me.
I aim for 3000 calories a day.

This strategy starts adding weight after 10 days following an O. During the 10 days I?d have to muscle through the weight loss and try and consume high amount of protein shake.

Recently I had dropped to 137 pounds as a 5,10 ft tall guy because of IBS induced by O. I have noticed when my weight was low that my symptoms were DIRE, my heart felt absent as if there was a void there. It also beated in a very uncomfortable manner. My muscles and joints were hurting, they felt like they were being dismantaled or tearing.
After muscling through the POIS shit storm  using a lot of protein shakes. My digestion slowly became a little bit better. So I introduced Popeyes chicken sandwiches (surprisingly the gluten didn?t kill me). And then I was able to rack on weight.
I was able to get to 147 pounds 10+ pounds gained in about 2 weeks or less .
Once I was 147 pounds with perfect digestion  and sleep and basically symptom free, I decided to be cocky and indulge in a few O.

That messed me up real quick. My digestion went from 100 to a 0 real quick and I lost about 3 pounds, even when I consumed 3000+ calories a day! :(