Author Topic: Info about POIS being a thing must be added to sexuality info sources  (Read 1010 times)

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
On mainstream information sources about sexuality/masturbation/etc. it's said it's healthy and harmless which is true for most people without POIS or any other thing causing them to get negative symptoms post-orgasm however if a POISer who doesn't know there's real treatable condition that can give symptoms postorgasm searches online if masturbation causes brainfog etc. gets said it doesn't and must be guilt/shame/anxiety etc. and 0 mention of POIS being a thing is made the person can keep living unaware they got POIS and don't understand why they get brainfog, awkwardness, changes in voice etc. days after orgasm so they live in this state and might even get bullied or get other secondary negative outcomes of POIS resulting in butterfly effect of further negative outcomes all that can be prevented with simple awareness.

I think those on NoFap/Semen Retention subreddits who talk about how bad they feel after orgasm and how much benefits they get and how nocturnal emissions give back these symptoms got POIS but they are the ones who haven't found out yet about POIS so if you don't know there's real disorder causing it and that one isn't supposed to get such symptoms the most likely thought u get is that PMO itself gave you these symptoms rather than that O simply triggers whatever thing that causes POIS.

I recall reading online about masturbation and literally no article said a single word about POIS or that some might get symptoms after orgasm and not due to guilt/shame/anxiety/superstition etc. but due to possible physical imbalances-as there was 0 mention I shrug it off despite noticing 1st symptoms and thought it's normal to feel so however being in POIS state more or less most time probably caused me to become more socially awkward etc. due to brainfog, other symptoms and only at 17 did I discover after abstaining for weeks and orgasming/having nocturnal emission how symptoms appear right after O and how they go away abstinent-had any of info sources said even a single word about possible physical imbalances that can cause symptoms days after O the chance that I'd have thought/searched more about it would've been higher and it might've saved years of confusion/awkwardness/etc.

More awareness on POIS would stop alot of suffering and prevent secondary negative butterfly effect outcomes.

Kit

Re: Info about POIS being a thing must be added to sexuality info sources
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 12:46:11 PM »
I totally agree, Journey. With google searches being done to explain my headaches after orgasm for about 2 years in a half, I was unable to find the term "POIS" anywhere, even in coital cephalalgia research study papers. I knew there was more going on than just "headaches", because I also had trouble remembering and concentrating that would last for days, including muscle pain.  Yes, many articles state that masturbation is healthy and it is true. However, I am sure they are unaware of POIS. I had google searched "neck tightening after ejaculation", to find the term "POIS" on a Quora Q&A. As of now, Wikipedia does mention POIS on their coital cephalalgia page. Hopefully, this will save people lots of time and stop lots of suffering as you say.

Ricardo Brasil

• My case report
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 09:38:16 PM »
I was already tired of researching the side effects I have after ejaculation, I spent years and years thinking this was normal.
On a VERY bad day I decided to link my research to a syndrome and fortunately I got to know POIS, it made total sense to me and I can say that thanks to this my life has changed completely, the efforts of the staff here at the forum have helped me a lot.

I am planning to make a channel on youtube talking about POIS (portuguese - Brazil), to facilitate the discovery of this syndrome for all who research.

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 06:39:32 AM »
Spreading as much word as possible increases odd of those noticing something happening but not knowing there's a name for it finding it out.