Poll

At what time interval do you feel a little better?

12 pm - 3 pm
1 (2.4%)
3 pm - 6 pm
0 (0%)
6 pm - 9 pm
5 (12.2%)
9 pm - 12 am
13 (31.7%)
12 am - 3 am
5 (12.2%)
3 am - 6 am
1 (2.4%)
6 am - 9 am
1 (2.4%)
9 am - 12 pm
4 (9.8%)
The time of day doesn't affect my POIS
7 (17.1%)
I don't know, I never paid attention to it.
4 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Time of day and POIS  (Read 5894 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 08:38:25 AM by Muon »

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
Re: Time of day and POIS
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 07:32:36 AM »
I feel as POIS is less in night and Oing before sleep give bit less.

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 06:58:32 PM »
Always feel best at 9pm-12am, like I mean really good its a shame I don't feel the same in the mornings. I have recently bought some blue light blocking glasses off amazon and they do seem to increase wellbeing quite a bit, also my face looks a lot better after wearing them and the skin on my face looks much more healthy and brighter, eye bags go away. Also wake up feeling more refreshed.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 08:51:09 AM »
I feel significantly better as a function of time (12 a.m - 3 a.m) when I'm approaching 3 a.m just like my brother. I get more energy, feel that I'm less inflamed and being less sensitive to triggers. I also get the impression that it (some circadian parameter) synergizes with a drop in ambient temperature at nightfall. I wish this effect was present during daytime rather than at night. There were some russians a while ago discussing about sleep deprivation being beneficial to their symptoms. I don't think it is that, it probably has to do with experiencing a rise in melatonin.

certainlypois2

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 11:38:17 PM »
I used to feel worse at night, but that doesn't happen anymore.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 07:26:05 AM »
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 07:34:51 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 11:22:44 PM »
https://selfhacked.com/blog/th17/

Th17 cells seem to have a circadian rhythm. The amount of Th17 cells changes during the day-night cycle. Animal studies suggest that the production of Th17 is higher at midnight than at noon

Based mostly on animal findings, Th17 appears to have a protective role in combating fungi

an-y-more

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 06:58:27 PM »
I'm not sure about better but I do enjoy nightitme more for some reason. And my daytime regime in these years was always slipping to night much easier than other way around.
 During a summer I used to stay up at night and sleep during a day usually and it was pretty common that in the morning (vaguely around 7 o clock) I would start to feel shaky like I had tremor or some tension problems. This wasn't fatigue or anything like that. Seems about a time melatonin drops at your graph..

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2021, 06:40:47 AM »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2021, 07:08:48 AM »
* Sex 1-2h before sleep only, not during day

Yes same, it's better to get sexual activity before bed time rather than during the day. My wellbeing seems to correlate with the melatonin curve. The rare events I had where an O led to zero POIS symptoms where actually at night time. Circadian rythm (Nor)epinephrine decreases during evening/night. Regarding the DA-->NE conversion and perhaps low levels of DA and/or NE, you would think POIS would be worse at night time. Or the latter is actually a factor but melatonin somehow dominates.

A few posts back about the melatonin receptors-->they both inhibit adenylyl cyclase. Nanna's theory is centered at the inhibition of adenylyl cyclase.

Melatonin attenuates VEGF levels. The latter increases blood brain barrier permeability and vascular endothelial permeability. Also Melatonin inhibits mast cells and modulates Th1/Th2 balance.

Guanylyl cyclase?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 03:16:21 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2021, 09:02:12 AM »
Being a woman, I can't say I've experienced NE, but I've had orgasms while asleep in the past. It doesn't happen frequently, only when I've been especially frustrated with abstinence. For me, they don't cause any symptoms at all. However, arousal does cause mild symptoms when awake.

I believe the reason why they don't make me sick is because, when they happen and I wake up afterwards, I don't experience any of the physical signs of arousal or sexual activity, I haven't produced any fluid and there haven't been any physical changes whatsoever. It's as if it was only in my brain, and my body was disconnected, even if all the sensations feel completely real in the dream. The only downside is that the thoughts remain and it's much easier to relapse the day after. I wonder if it works like this for anyone else.

BoneBroth

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2021, 10:27:10 AM »
Cortisol lowers inflammation and increases blood pressure. The highest levels is in the morning between 6am and 12pm, I would guess that is why most people in the poll feels best during that time. I've made two blood cortisol tests in the morning and both showed levels slightly higher then normal. I believe many POIS'ers has long term hight cortisol due to many POIS inflammations cycles. Although cortisol is the most important player that controls the POIS-inflammation, long term hight levels are producing very bad side effects.

It might also be bad in the short run if its hight all day. When cortisol is hight, the body is closing down many processes, like digestion, repair and immune system. Our bodies dont get enough time to repair itself between the POIS cycles. Thats might be why many people experience problems with digestion, immune system, bad skin, liver/kidney issues.

Thats why we need to focus on things that minimize normal cortisol peaks, like stressmanagement, not drinking tooo much coffee, not too much intense training etcetera. I wish more POIS'ers could do and share more cortisol tests in this forum, specifically tests that shows cortisol many time during the first days after orgasm.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 10:36:14 AM by BoneBroth »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2022, 02:32:45 PM »
"Increased levels of melatonin causes a downregulation of leptin"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leptin

Leptin and Premature ejaculation: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=139.msg44287#msg44287
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 02:38:26 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2023, 08:11:34 AM »
https://twitter.com/chydorina/status/1648795519492448256

Time will tell about mast cells: Circadian control of mast cell activation

Fig 2. The circadian clock system in mammals. The mammalian circadian clock con- sists of the central oscillator, located in the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN) of the hy- pothalamus called “central clock”, and peripheral oscillators present in virtually all cell types, including mast cells, called “peripheral clock”. The SCN receives innervation from the retina, allowing it to be entrained by solar light/dark cycles. In turn, the SCN transmits time-of-day information to peripheral clocks via the hormonal and/or the autonomic nervous pathways. Recently, diet timing, in particular breakfast, is also shown to have ability to reset peripheral clock. This system keeps the central and peripheral clocks (e.g. a huge number of mast cells) in phase with each other and synchronizes temporal programs of physiology across many tissues.

Fig. 3. Clock-controlled genes (CCGs) in mast cells. CLOCK temporally regulates the expression of Fc?RI?, ST2, and OCT-3 through its binding to the E-box sequence in the promoter of these genes. As a result, expressions of these receptors exhibit time-of-day-dependent variation in mast cells. Specifically, Fc?RI, ST2, and OCT-3 show increased expressions in the resting phase compared with in the active phase. Consequently, in the cases of Fc?RI and ST2, high-intensity Fc?RI or ST2 signaling occurs in the resting phase whereas low-intensity Fc?RI or ST2 signaling occurs in the active phase, upon IgE or IL-33 stimulation.

Fig. 4. De-synchronization of the mast cell clockworks can affect net response of mast cell activation. De-synchronization of the mast cell clockworks by genetic and/or environmental factors such as corticosterone insufficiency in mice can dampen the rhythmicity of the circadian clockworks in mast cells at the population levels. As a net result, the intensity and temporal profiles of mast cell activation could be altered. A. When mast cell clockworks are synchronized at the population levels, expression of CCGs and mast cell activation show clear circadian rhythms as a net. B. When mast cell clockworks are de-synchronized, expression of CCGs and mast cell activation lose circadian rhythms as a net.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 08:46:31 AM by Muon »

mike_sweden

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2023, 10:55:47 AM »
there is most certainly a connection to time rhytm and heavy deep sleep in my case

Warrior

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2023, 07:46:20 AM »
This is very interesting. I have always consistently felt better in the morning. I used to have really bad afternoon mood disturbances but they have since improved a lot over time through supplements, diet, lifestyle, etc. I believe it was related to POIS.

My energy, clarity, and mood are consistently better in the mornings to early afternoon. I also consider myself a morning person.