Author Topic: Has the hypothesis that POIS is IgE-mediated been completely falsified?  (Read 137 times)

bdn9494

Or is it still possibly true? Because I believe I have POIS, and around the time the symptoms started presenting, I got a blood test and the only anomaly was that my IgE levels were slightly elevated.
I suspect I've had POIS since 2013. My main symptoms are heightened anxiety, speech fluency issues, cognitive problems, and fatigue.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Has the hypothesis that POIS is IgE-mediated been completely falsified?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 04:21:22 PM »
Click on the name of member nanna1 and check his profile. Go to 'show posts' at the left, go throught them and check what he has written about allergy and IgE etc. Various other molecules can induce IgE as well from B-cells which aren't related to an allergen (cytokines and even some hormones). You can have parallel allergies.

certainlypois2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 12:53:52 AM »
bdn9494 welcome to the forum

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 01:44:04 AM »
bdn9494 welcome to the forum
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

bdn9494

I suspect I've had POIS since 2013. My main symptoms are heightened anxiety, speech fluency issues, cognitive problems, and fatigue.