Author Topic: What should i tell my doctor to check for?  (Read 3863 times)

Trala151655

What should i tell my doctor to check for?
« on: August 27, 2020, 07:46:15 AM »
Hello guys,i'm gonna do for the first time a blood test,apart from hormones, prolactin,testosterone etc.. what should i tell him to check for?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: What should i tell my doctor to check for?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 07:56:12 AM »
What are your symptoms?

Trala151655

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 08:09:17 AM »
I just created the account so i'll tell the story of my life.. ))
I think it's primary,i started masturbating as most of the kids at around 12 ,maybe a few months earlier of turning 12 and all of a sudden my life started to fall apart but didn't realize it untill 8 th grade,probably i was just continuing the cycle as i was prolly masturbating once a day or once every 2 days.I almost failed the 6th grade.
The symptoms are : Brainfog ,everything associated with it related to memory,dizziness,exhaustion (you can sleep 12 hours a day and you MAY feel some relief for a couple of hours but if you exert yourself mentally a little it comes back,the mental exhaustion ),poor vision as in you feel some barely noticeable tension around your eye that doesn't let you look outside the exact point you look at,bad odour also i'd add from the underarm, no matter how many showers you have, you how many times you'd wash that part in a couple of hours it starting coming back.
COllectively all the symptoms last around  10 days give or take 2
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 06:28:26 AM by Drew1312 »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 08:14:05 AM »
Premature ejaculation? Any other triggers present that lead to symptoms?

Trala151655

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 08:18:46 AM »
Premature ejaculation no,other symptoms would be :irritability,depression and anxiety (with the depresion and anxiety is weird cause it happens if you have a reason,let's say normally you could be anxious in a situation or even have  depression for a little bit, the thing is it fuels the emotions to hell and back.When i edge i think sometimes i may get for up to a day symptoms

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 09:15:09 AM »
There are no markers for POIS. Perhaps:

Vitamins and minerals frequently (relatively) seen low in POISers:

Vitamin D
Vitamin B12
Iron

If the above are low one could consider a lactulose breath test for hydrogen + methane.

BDNF (memory issues)
Tryptophan (depression)

VEGF (blood brain barrier permeability ^, cells pooring in --->brain fog)

Low free T also seen frequently in POISers:
Testosterone total
Testosterone, free
SHBG

Something that hasn't been done yet in POISers and could be considered:
Interleukin 8 in seminal plasma to probe for inflammation/infection in genital tract: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0165037813000466

The fatigue/exhaustion + brain fog combo can be a sign of an elevated pro-inflammatory cytokine, no way of knowing which one(s).

More stuff in here, but I don't dare to give you advice what to test for, at least in your case:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3207.15
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 10:06:27 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 12:27:34 PM »
Private conversation between me and Drew. Posted with his permission.

Hello,i wanna tell sth,but first in private,maybe i'll post it
Considering that it is said that is possible for some Allergy,i tried to swallow my cum and guess what.After a few hours i couldn't swallow shit for about 3 weeks,i was anxious as fuck when trying to swallow anything solid. My Family MD told me that my throat is "red".Went to an Otorhinolaryngologist and he told me that it is allergy without me telling you what i did.Do you think i should that again and what could he check for in the blood if that repeats?

I've been thinking about swallowing that in the past but I'm afraid the reaction will be severe, so I didn't do it. Or you can tell him what you did. You need to go through the articles in the POIS paper archive for these:

In two papers they find elevated seminal protein specific IgE which is a type 1 allergy.

In one paper they found a type 3 allergy: circulating immune complexes + complements.

Then there is a type IV hypersensitivity/allergy which is harder to detect:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2925.0

The type IV is a delayed reaction and can take a long time before it's over (weeks)

Something else that I suspect for a long time might be a mast cell activation syndrome.
These need different parameters to be checked:

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3396.0

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3236.0

There is a woman who has a similar problem:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2301.msg35429#msg35429

If you want you can post it,i'll do that shit again,i'll talk to the doctor ,if i don't enter again on this site just so you know i died from anaphylaxis or sth

Post what? What you just told me?
1)how long does it take before the reaction sets in?
2)Did you swallow everything or just a tiny bit?
3)did you had any swelling or only red and sore?
you can tell this to your doctor first and just swallow it after conversation to show the reaction thereafter.

Post what i just told you,yes.
2)I swallowed everything(well,more like 90% i guess)
3) well, i don't know that,it was in my neck,my family doctor told me that my neck is "red" that's everything i know and i know that i couldn't swallow  cause i didn't feel the food going down and was always anxious that i was gonna   choke,cause the food is gonna go down the wrong pipe,i  couldn't contract my muscles,lots of thing,was like i wasn't also feeling the lower part of my  throat that you "consciously " contract when you swallow.It was weird cause everyone thought i was crazy,at least untill family md told me that  my throat is "red"

If you get Anaphylaxis you can measure tryptase but it needs to be timed during the attack. someone needs to draw blood at that moment.

heaven forbid i get anaphylaxis if i do that one more.No one needs to draw me blood while i'd have anaphylaxis.They just need to do a blood test if i have the same symptoms again

Something more i wanna say, after the throat incident.For a period of about a month or two every time i had an orgasm i had fever,palpitations,random pain in the arms, but after a while (1-2 months),nothing,symptoms  just went back to "normal"the ones i said before.I just returned back to "normal" considering symptoms  except for the arm ones somewhere around the wrist maybe a little bit up .Thoughts,allergy?

After a few hours and for 3 weeks, sounds delayed. During a summer I had a day that I couldn't swallow anything but it was triggered by high ambient temperatures.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 03:03:22 PM by Muon »

Hopeoneday

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 02:38:50 PM »
Post what i just told you,yes.
 i know that i couldn't swallow  cause i didn't feel the food going down and was always anxious that i was gonna   choke,cause the food is gonna go down the wrong pipe,i  couldn't contract my muscles,lots of thing,was like i wasn't also feeling the lower part of my  throat that you "consciously " contract when you swallow.It was weird cause everyone thought i was crazy,at least untill family md told me that  my throat is "red"

Hi Drew and Muon, i hawe this  every time after eyaculation,
wery debilitating condition .. and i still resarching what can couse this symptomes,
i was tested negative for MG. Seweral poisers benefited from choline like suplements with this symptome.
Then i tought that can be from dopamine deficiency ...eg parcinson like symptomes.
But lately i think that it is related to Vagus nerve, choline pathwy , and
dopamine to...eg dopamingeric.

The glossopharyngeal (IX) and vagus (X) nerves mediate the complex interplay between the many functions of the upper aerodigestive tract. Swallowing, breathing, and communicating all rely on delicate interactions between the sensory inputs and motor outputs of many of the cranial nerves. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4239699/

So,  breathing , swalowing, digestion are isues that a lot of
poisers have and it can be related from damaged vagus nerve.
I supouse that toxin-infection damage our vagus nerve and lot of other
problems  with nerwes and trigger inflamatory cascade.

Dr-pois.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2020, 08:30:59 AM »
i was tested negative for MG. Seweral poisers benefited from choline like suplements with this symptome.

These can be signs of impaired neuromuscular transmission. It may not be acetylcholine related but abnormal calcium in/out flux may be the culprit. Increasing acetylcholine/choline may have an effect because it improves neuromuscular transmission and perhaps compensates for the decrease of neuromuscular transmission by impaired calcium flux.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 08:33:33 AM by Muon »

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 12:22:13 PM »

These can be signs of impaired neuromuscular transmission. It may not be acetylcholine related but abnormal calcium in/out flux may be the culprit. Increasing acetylcholine/choline may have an effect because it improves neuromuscular transmission and perhaps compensates for the decrease of neuromuscular transmission by impaired calcium flux.
How 2 fix?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2020, 12:23:57 PM »
How 2 fix?
Ask your doctor they are the experts.