Author Topic: Amitriptyline experience  (Read 2458 times)

Iwillbeatthis

Amitriptyline experience
« on: August 18, 2020, 02:59:19 PM »
I tried amitriptyline 10mg for the last 5 days as I wanted more consistency to my weeks and thought it could help as I'm going on holiday next monday. But it didn't so I'm stopping today , I felt good the first few nights when I took it but the next day I would get intense brain burning/tingling at around mid afternoon, so I switched to taking it in the mornings instead for the last two days, as I don't get any drowsiness from this drug. And this ended up being even worse when taking it in the mornings; I would have intense brain burning speech eye contact issues all day and bladder burning and urgency for the whole day. Caffiene with l theanine or choline supplements would give a short term fix for these symptoms.

I didn't even get to try O but with the symptoms I was already having I think it would have just made things a whole lot worse.

I think my cholinergic system may be messed up a lot and also I probably have noradrenergic disruption.

This drugs acts on too many receptors so I guess that also might be why its a bad thing for me. It can take a few weeks to work so I guess I won't be able to see if it does or not because of my holiday.. But my instinct is that it probably wouldn't work if i stuck it out.

I have tried this drug in the past but at a tiny dose 2.5mg and I combined with alpha gpc and piracetam at a different time of day, I remember when I had the alpha gpc and piracetam I felt incredible but when I had the ami I felt not so good. I was having immune symptoms at that time so I stopped all of it. I think this is what caused my bad reactions to showers

I was doing pretty ok before this so hopefully I won't get any withdrawals, even though its not advised I will stop it cold turkey as this seems to work better for me in the past. When I've tried to slowly taper off it just disrupts my nervous system every time the dose amount or the time of dose is changed.

Hurray uses his Milnacipran only when he needs to and not every day, maybe this would have worked also with the Ami.

If anyone has any thoughts or knowledge on this then please comment. I know that I'm not very knowledgeable in this field...

hurray

• Lab1
Re: Amitriptyline experience
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 04:43:44 PM »
Thanks for sharing your experience Iwillbeatthis, I too was interested in trying amitriptyline for its norepinephrine reuptake inhibition effects before I stumbled across milnacipran.

This drugs acts on too many receptors so I guess that also might be why its a bad thing for me.

From what I remember reading, I think that's one of the reasons why tricyclic antidepressants like amitriptyline have been partially phased out in favour of SSRIs and SNRIs.

There's not much information out there about using SNRIs and tricyclics on an "as needed" basis. All the research on these drugs assumes that they will be taken on a regular basis for several weeks.

When I googled "milnacipran withdrawal", I was quite surprised to see a paper called "Why does milnacipran produce so few discontinuation syndromes following abrupt withdrawal?". This would certainly help to explain why I've been able to take milnacipran "as needed" without any ill effects.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2654522/

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 05:21:23 PM »
Hi Hurray

I am going to try milnacipran soon as I have a place where I can get it from. But its not licensed in the Uk so has to be from abroad. I just wanted to try the Ami quickly before I went on holiday.

I think the cholinergic system is already very sensitive and abnormal for POISers so an anticholinergic drug like Ami is a bad idea

Ok this info about withdrawal is very helpful I will definitely try it now.

Strangely I now suddenly feel really good from the Ami after a whole day of feeling bad - I took it at 9am this morning, maybe because its worn off now lol.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 09:51:19 AM »
That's good news. I'm from the UK too. A thread I discovered on the UK fibromyalgia forum documents a woman's attempts to source milnacipran from a UK pharmacy with a prescription. It wasn't easy  :)

https://ukfibromyalgia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21622

It's a pity that you were getting so many side-effects from the amitriptylene, as you obviously felt it was helping you.

Nas

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 10:56:34 AM »
I really think we need more Milnacipran trials to see whether its success is an individual success case or not. 

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 11:00:41 AM »
Hurray how did you acquire your Milnacipran then?

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 03:16:10 PM »
I really think we need more Milnacipran trials to see whether its success is an individual success case or not.

I'm very happy that it works consistently for me. If anyone else was able to benefit from milnacipran, that would be even better  :)

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 03:32:31 PM »

Getting a prescription from your doctor and sourcing the milnacipran from a physical pharmacy in the UK or the EU is the ideal way to do it. The link to the fibromyaglia forum is 5 years old, and the process may have become easier since then.

I used an online pharmacy to purchase my milnacipran.

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 05:38:41 AM »

Getting a prescription from your doctor and sourcing the milnacipran from a physical pharmacy in the UK or the EU is the ideal way to do it. The link to the fibromyaglia forum is 5 years old, and the process may have become easier since then.

Ah ok this was also how I was going to buy it, but I guess I won't be able to get it in time for my holiday next week. I've stopped the amitriptylene and already feel the after adrenal effects. Dilated pupils foggy speech problems, caffeine and l theanine seem to be helping me a bit though because they raise noradrenaline, I took alpha gpc with methyl vitamins and it made it worse actually.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2020, 11:18:54 AM »

Ah ok this was also how I was going to buy it, but I guess I won't be able to get it in time for my holiday next week. I've stopped the amitriptylene and already feel the after adrenal effects. Dilated pupils foggy speech problems, caffeine and l theanine seem to be helping me a bit though because they raise noradrenaline, I took alpha gpc with methyl vitamins and it made it worse actually.

L-Theanine helps me to relax, although I usually take it in its natural form by drinking cups of tea  :) Vitamin C helps to synthesise norepinephrine from dopamine:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3527656/

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2020, 11:48:11 AM »

L-Theanine helps me to relax, although I usually take it in its natural form by drinking cups of tea  :) Vitamin C helps to synthesise norepinephrine from dopamine:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3527656/

Yes correct hence why I take both, I would say the caffeine and l theanine helps me more than the liposomal vitamin c though.

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2020, 11:44:42 AM »
This is interesting after stopping the amitriptyline - caffeine and l theanine was making me feel very good and high functioning for a few days.Afterwards I then quickly wash my armpits and face in the shower and I'm suddenly very sensitive to showers again after stopping the ami. I tried caffeine and l theanine the last two days since washing and now they are not making me feel good (maybe could be making it worse). Possibly because caffeine blocks DAO.