Author Topic: A new study on silodosin  (Read 4814 times)

La_pet1te_mort

A new study on silodosin
« on: June 12, 2020, 01:20:17 PM »
Clinical experience with post-orgasmic illness syndrome (POIS) patients?characteristics and possible treatment modality

Silodosin, a highly selective alpha1A-blocker, which actually causes anejaculation, was effective treatment in 57% of the patients.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41443-020-0314-9

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: A new study on silodosin
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 03:27:43 PM »
Hi, LPM!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Nas

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 11:44:19 PM »
Clinical experience with post-orgasmic illness syndrome (POIS) patients?characteristics and possible treatment modality

Silodosin, a highly selective alpha1A-blocker, which actually causes anejaculation, was effective treatment in 57% of the patients.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41443-020-0314-9
Well not for me

kingfisher

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 12:26:16 AM »
Few members have reported their experiments with alpha blockers in this forum. Most of them (including myself) could not tolerate the side effects of Silodosin and gave it up because of that.

Dosage and timing mentioned in this paper: 8 mg, 2 hrs before the O.

All 14 patients started treatment with on-demand Silodosin 8 mg in which eight (57.1%) of them, although they complained about the need for planning, were satisfied with the results, with no ejaculation and without postorgasmic complaints. One patient was suffering from a Silodosin side effect (dizziness) and discontinued with Silodosin. Seven patients (six unresponsive and one with side-effects of Silodosin) received Ibuprofen 400 mg with an improvement of their complaints in two of them (28.5%).
Four of the five unresponsive patients to Ibuprofen (80%) who received Prednisone (third-line treatment) saw an improvement in their symptoms. One patient without improvement received supportive therapy.

The 2019 paper ( Pierce et al., Scandinavian Journal of Urology) tried Alfuzosin/Terazosin on a single patient:
...we suspected his symptoms could be in part secondary to an increased autonomic response, and he was started on a trial of terazosin, followed by several months of alfuzosin. He reported significant improvement of all symptoms on both alpha-blockers.... Despite these beneficial effects, he decided to discontinue alpha-blockers due to dizziness and significant erectile dysfunction which he attributed to the medications...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 02:48:52 AM by kingfisher »

b_jim

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 08:31:30 AM »
Super, super job !
Clearly a real way to cure Pois.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 09:30:02 AM »
Super, super job !
Clearly a real way to cure Pois.

I think old-time poster Horizon was the first to mention it back on the Naked Scientist Forums in 2011 (along with Animus and Daveman). Me and some other posters tried it back then. It wasn't quite right for me, but it's great to see a scientific study where people benefitted from it. Here's the first mention of silodosin on NSF if anyone is interested  :)

https://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.11220

Mushnikk

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 03:45:32 AM »
I can also report a remission of symptons (fatigue, brain fog) after 4mg of silodosin. Very light dizziness and reduced semen volumen.

NamesMcree

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2022, 03:57:42 PM »
Does anyone have access to the full text?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2022, 04:02:58 PM »
Does anyone have access to the full text?
Try links from this thread first before posting: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3127.0

Disaster

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2022, 07:38:00 AM »
I posted about alpha blockers and other methods of reducing semen volume. So e major side effects especially longterm were commented on the post. But I think it is important we have more research into this
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2023, 08:18:14 AM »
11 patients had elevated IgE. These patients could be tested for markers that are known to induce IgE in B-Cells which are unrelated to allergy. Elevated IgE doesn’t mean we are dealing with antigens.

Unveiled mechanism for silodosin:
Not a POIS article but it gives a better insight into how this medicine works. The blocking of ejaculation by Silodosin itself probably prevents POIS in individuals instead of the way/mechanism of blocking, but the new info might be helpful, you never know.

Alpha1-adrenergic antagonists act as 6-nitrodopamine receptor antagonists in the human vas deferens (2023)

"Discussion and conclusion: The results indicate that 6-ND plays a major role in the human vas deferens contractility and doxazosin, tamsulosin, prazosin and silodosin cause ejaculation disorders in man by blocking the 6-ND receptor rather than a1-adrenoceptors."

Suggestion: I rather see this thread being renamed to the title of the article and being placed in the article, references and links section.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 08:23:18 AM by Muon »