Author Topic: What are the top MEDICATIONS for POISers? (SSRI, SNRI, Beta-blockers, etc...)  (Read 1077 times)

POISed2cure

Hi all,

I find this forum a bit all over the place in terms of the way information is stored (nobody's fault - I'm sure everyone does their best!). Some great threads such as the summary of treatments, but I wasn't able to find a summary of treatments for medicines that have proven effective? It could be because there are none, or it could be because people don't report back properly, or maybe it's there but because the summary of treatments thread spirals into random conversations among members, it isn't as clear. I have read many accounts of members who had success - OpiesDad with Wellbutrin), Hurray with Milnacipran, Propranolol for another guy, and others - and I was wondering is there a "Summary of Treatments" thread for medications that have worked so we can kind of go through them all and tick them off....
I am definitely more on the holistic approach, but many of us are at breaking point... We need an easy checklist to give to a doctor showing:

- X drug worked for such and such member
- POIS symptoms of that member who had success with medicine X
- Length of time on medicine before symptoms began to improve
- Percentage reduction in POIS symptoms
- Co-morbidities (whether they suffered anxiety, depression, etc even outside of POIS).
- side effects and risks of X drug
- How long member has taken the drug for
- What their doctor says about it, safety, long-term use, etc...
- Whether member X had tried other options before medication (e.g. Niacin, supplements, diet, exercise, meditation, TRT, etc...)
- Any other useful information

Thanks.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 10:17:13 AM by POISed2cure »

Quantum

• Administrator
Hi all,

I find this forum a bit all over the place in terms of the way information is stored (nobody's fault - I'm sure everyone does their best!). Some great threads such as the summary of treatments, but I wasn't able to find a summary of treatments for medicines that have proven effective? It could be because there are none, or it could be because people don't report back properly, or maybe it's there but because the summary of treatments thread spirals into random conversations among members, it isn't as clear. I have read many accounts of members who had success - OpiesDad with Wellbutrin), Hurray with Milnacipran, Propranolol for another guy, and others - and I was wondering is there a "Summary of Treatments" thread for medications that have worked so we can kind of go through them all and tick them off....
I am definitely more on the holistic approach, but many of us are at breaking point... We need an easy checklist to give to a doctor showing:

- X drug worked for such and such member
- POIS symptoms of that member who had success with medicine X
- Length of time on medicine before symptoms began to improve
- Percentage reduction in POIS symptoms
- Co-morbidities (whether they suffered anxiety, depression, etc even outside of POIS).
- side effects and risks of X drug
- How long member has taken the drug for
- What their doctor says about it, safety, long-term use, etc...
- Whether member X had tried other options before medication (e.g. Niacin, supplements, diet, exercise, meditation, TRT, etc...)
- Any other useful information

Thanks.

Hi POISed2cure,
You should take a look on the Home Page, there is a board called "Newcomers, Start Here" where you will find, for example, a thread that will give you links to the most informative posts on the forum.
One of these links will lead you the POIS Types Chart, which is what fits the most with what you seem to look for.  The POIS Type Chart is found at https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.msg19448#msg19448 .

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

POISed2cure

That helped. Thanks Quantum.